IPB WARNING [2] Creating default object from empty value (Line: 92 of /modules/gallery/lib/comment_view.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Creating default object from empty value (Line: 242 of /modules/gallery/lib/comment_view.php)
RafflesGold Forums -> Gallery -> Viewing image

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> P2-F1 \ Group 1
Uploaded by: desireless On: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:39 am Views: 1003 · Comments: 1
P2-F1

2 month-old fry. After 4th cull.
Largest in this group is about 5 cm. Smallest is 3 cm plus

Parentage:
Daddy

Mommy

This batch grows slower than P1-F1 because there was a period of 4 days I forgot to feed them. More than half of them died as a result of my laziness. I deeply regret it. You see, the fry were lousy shaped when they reach about 3 weeks old, so I was not so zealous about this batch of 200+. Now, seeing how they grow, I kick myself for making judgement when they were only 2-3 weeks old. Of course they are straight-backed at that young age... my bad...

So, my advice is, not to cull any fishes until they are about 2-3 cm, unless of course they display some obvious defects like having dorsal or single tail.

Group 2 now still very small - lesser than 3 cm. Although there are a couple not bad ones, I'll probably cull the whole group 2 because their slow growth rate is a sign of bad genetics of qualitative phenotypes. My P1-F1 was much more constant in growth but I only have 2 pieces left.
gallery_9_57_21627.jpg

Photostrip for Ranchu Fry
tn_gallery_9_57_8441.jpg
<<
tn_gallery_9_57_9919.jpg
<
tn_gallery_9_57_21627.jpg

> Comments for this image
DavidB
post Fri, 19 Dec 2008 5:34 am
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 3,367
Alias : David B

The callous way you describe you lack of attentiveness is a disgrace. You shouldn't be allowed to keep fish. It's disgusting.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14-Nov-19 3:19 am
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us