Group: Forum Doctor
Topics Started: 377
Last seen online:
Mon, 22 Jan 2024 10:45 pm
User's local time:
Thu, 25 Apr 2024 8:52 am
Green Water: No

QUOTE(judge @ Fri, 15 Jan 2010 9:37 am) *

Are you planning to breed with this guy? The fish looks really good.

hi judge,I've given up on breeding as there are too much time and too many lives involved in the process unsure.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
judge
post Fri, 15 Jan 2010 3:33 pm
Post #17

Ordinary
Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 5,111
Group: Member
Topics Started: 6
Last seen online:
Sat, 09 Jul 2016 3:54 am
User's local time:
Wed, 24 Apr 2024 6:52 pm

QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 14 Jan 2010 8:49 pm) *

hi judge,I've given up on breeding as there are too much time and too many lives involved in the process unsure.gif

I understand what you mean and I gave up breeding at one point. Now I am hooked again and back into it. I love all your fish in Youtube Channel.

I see mainly you have Ryukins and Ranchus. Do you also keep butterfly and other variety?
+Quote Post
ranchu8
post Fri, 15 Jan 2010 9:19 pm
Post #18

Gold
Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 998
Topics Started: 26
Last seen online:
Tue, 09 Jul 2019 10:39 am
User's local time:
Green Water: Yes

QUOTE(goldrush @ Fri, 15 Jan 2010 8:19 am) *

Gee I cannot isolate any distinctive contributions but i believe there are alot of interplay with nature and nurture.Nature as in genetics,sunlight,natural food.Nurture as in water changes,processed food and of course love yes.gif
As I cannot provide green water in my domestic husbandry,I have to modify my methods to achieve similar attainments proven by green water practices.Different schools of thought with closely similar attainments biggrin.gif

Hi Doc, what are the things done for clear water to achieve similar attainments as green water? smile.gif
+Quote Post
goldrush
post Sat, 16 Jan 2010 11:02 am
Post #19

RG Doc.com
Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 319
Last seen online:
User's local time:

Again I've not done a concrete clinical trials on both clear and green water per se so I can only use the wordsimilar attainments.Apart from regimental water management,I use clay to condition my water as well as to feed the fish.I 'm not too sure whether these have helped but the fishes do seem to benefit from its addition.
Clay removes toxins (heavy metals, free radicals, and pesticides)and attracts these elements like a magnet and then sucks them up like a sponge. This causes the entire "mess" to settle so it can be removed by your filters effectively.Secondly feeding your goldfish clay aids in their digestion as well as removing toxins from their bodies. By improving your fish's digestion it decreases the amount of waste they produce which in turn reduces the load on your filter thus improving water quality. Overall it has both direct and indirect benefits to your fish as well as system.Well that's my personal opinion but you can be the judge and my fish to be cross examined.......I think the least I can say is that they have generally improved!

Next question:Will clay be benefical in green water?It's time you tell me..... biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
judge
post Sat, 16 Jan 2010 2:30 pm
Post #20

Ordinary
Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 5,111
Topics Started: 6
Last seen online:
Sat, 09 Jul 2016 3:54 am
User's local time:
Wed, 24 Apr 2024 6:52 pm

QUOTE(goldrush @ Fri, 15 Jan 2010 9:02 pm) *

Again I've not done a concrete clinical trials on both clear and green water per se so I can only use the wordsimilar attainments.Apart from regimental water management,I use clay to condition my water as well as to feed the fish.I 'm not too sure whether these have helped but the fishes do seem to benefit from its addition.
Clay removes toxins (heavy metals, free radicals, and pesticides)and attracts these elements like a magnet and then sucks them up like a sponge. This causes the entire "mess" to settle so it can be removed by your filters effectively.Secondly feeding your goldfish clay aids in their digestion as well as removing toxins from their bodies. By improving your fish's digestion it decreases the amount of waste they produce which in turn reduces the load on your filter thus improving water quality. Overall it has both direct and indirect benefits to your fish as well as system.Well that's my personal opinion but you can be the judge and my fish to be cross examined.......I think the least I can say is that they have generally improved!

Next question:Will clay be benefical in green water?It's time you tell me..... biggrin.gif

Thanks Doc. Using clay. Now thats original and makes a lot of sense. I wish to know more about the type of clay that you use. beg2.gif

No wonder all your fish look awesome!
+Quote Post
ranchu8
post Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:05 pm
Post #21

Gold
Group Icon

User Gallery
Last seen online:
User's local time:

QUOTE(goldrush @ Sat, 16 Jan 2010 11:02 am) *

Thanks Doc, your goldfishes are really solid, some of the best in Singapore, esp taking into account that you don't groom them in huge ponds smile.gif I havent tried clay before but I may try it, what type of clay/brand, how much is fed and when fed pls? smile.gif

This post has been edited by ranchu8: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:06 pm
+Quote Post
goldrush
post Sun, 17 Jan 2010 9:45 am
Post #22

RG Doc.com
Group Icon

User Gallery
Last seen online:
User's local time:

There are lots of clay with various brands around.The main ingredient should be calcium bentonite.However I must re-emphasize that clay is a supplement and not a substitute to regular,regimental husbandry practice or even given as a stable food.To me it is just a form of enhancer and that's all.You can't expect drastic changes if your basics are not right or your fishes are of ordinary grades.If you are not blessed with two feet to run fast then a pair of Adidas/Nike may not help as well. biggrin.gif Just like any feng shui incorporation into your life and business practice,your basic karmic imprints must be in place in order to realise their full potentials. peace.gif
+Quote Post
goldrush
post Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:21 am
Post #23

RG Doc.com
Group Icon

User Gallery
Last seen online:
User's local time:

QUOTE(ranchu8 @ Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:05 pm) *

Thanks Doc, your goldfishes are really solid, some of the best in Singapore, esp taking into account that you don't groom them in huge ponds smile.gif I havent tried clay before but I may try it, what type of clay/brand, how much is fed and when fed pls? smile.gif

hahaha I'm flattered.I don't believe I have some of the best goldfish here but I do show my best in this forum.Many dont even show their fishes around for whatever reasons hmm.gif I ve been here long enough to realise that.Only through competitions and shows that you get to see the best .I can only say maybe...just maybe I'm the only one around able to dramatise my goldfishes through making good goldfish videos for the global audiences hysterical.gif

Pls do feedback your findings.Just coat it on moist food if you are not feeding paste.The amount is not significant as there are no harm on overdosage but just money down the drain rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
ranchu8
post Sun, 17 Jan 2010 4:01 pm
Post #24

Gold
Group Icon

User Gallery
Last seen online:
User's local time:

Thanks Doc smile.gif I'll check it out and if I do try it, I'll report it in RG smile.gif
+Quote Post
ranchuone
post Mon, 08 Feb 2010 7:02 pm
Post #25

Ordinary
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,994
Topics Started: 1
Last seen online:
Tue, 12 Apr 2011 6:09 pm
User's local time:
Thu, 25 Apr 2024 10:52 am

Hi Doc,

I've just got a question on the Koi clay. I can't seem to find them in our LFS in Melbourne Australia longpia.gif and just wondering if the garden clay is ok to use. blink.gif

Thanks.
Eric
+Quote Post
goldrush
post Mon, 08 Feb 2010 7:24 pm
Post #26

RG Doc.com
Group Icon

User Gallery
Last seen online:
User's local time:

QUOTE(ranchuone @ Mon, 08 Feb 2010 7:02 pm) *

Hi Doc,

I've just got a question on the Koi clay. I can't seem to find them in our LFS in Melbourne Australia longpia.gif and just wondering if the garden clay is ok to use. blink.gif

Thanks.
Eric

NO,NO! not clay found in your lawn and garden

perhaps you can get clay for human consumption....here's an article you can browse and read the various links for further info

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/clay.htm
+Quote Post
ranchuone
post Tue, 09 Feb 2010 6:05 pm
Post #27

Ordinary
Group Icon

Last seen online:
User's local time:

QUOTE(goldrush @ Mon, 08 Feb 2010 10:24 pm) *

NO,NO! not clay found in your lawn and garden

perhaps you can get clay for human consumption....here's an article you can browse and read the various links for further info
http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/clay.htm

Thanks for the link. I might check out the health food stores and see if they carry them. And if I'm lucky to find it, how much should I put in 650 litres of water?
+Quote Post
goldrush
post Tue, 09 Feb 2010 10:54 pm
Post #28

RG Doc.com
Group Icon

User Gallery
Last seen online:
User's local time:

QUOTE(ranchuone @ Tue, 09 Feb 2010 6:05 pm) *

Thanks for the link. I might check out the health food stores and see if they carry them. And if I'm lucky to find it, how much should I put in 650 litres of water?

Recommended 1 tablespoon for every 1000 US gallons
+Quote Post
ranchuone
post Thu, 11 Feb 2010 7:55 pm
Post #29

Ordinary
Group Icon

Last seen online:
User's local time:

QUOTE(goldrush @ Wed, 10 Feb 2010 1:54 am) *

Recommended 1 tablespoon for every 1000 US gallons

Thanks for that. Happy Chinese New Year to you!
+Quote Post

Posting Guidelines 2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25-Apr-24 8:52 am
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us