Group: Member
Topics Started: 1
Last seen online:
Mon, 06 Apr 2009 9:54 pm
User's local time:
Thu, 25 Apr 2024 2:36 am
Green Water: No

hello!

here are a few pics of my oranda. it may not be from such a high quality as you can get in asia, but i think it is not bad for a european one, bought at a lfs.

front view:
IPB Image

side view:
IPB Image

IPB Image

Please feel free to comment.

Chicco77
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chicco77
post Thu, 03 Nov 2005 8:12 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,547
Last seen online:
User's local time:

no comments? c'mon! don't be shy!
+Quote Post
Frankie
post Thu, 03 Nov 2005 8:14 pm
Post #3

Mask ID to ALL Critics
Group Icon

Member No.: 168
Group: Staff
Last seen online:
Sat, 03 Sep 2005 7:05 pm
User's local time:
Thu, 25 Apr 2024 9:36 am
Green Water: Not Telling

Hi,

Like you say this is a common-looking oranda. Nothing much to be commented tongue.gif

How big is it?
+Quote Post
goldrush
post Fri, 04 Nov 2005 12:05 am
Post #4

RG Doc.com
Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 319
Group: Forum Doctor
Topics Started: 377
Last seen online:
Mon, 22 Jan 2024 10:45 pm
User's local time:

Please do understand that our friend comes from a country where"the hills are alive with the sound of music" which apparently has very limited access to good quality fishes.Though such an oranda are commonly found in our LFS and even our wet market selling at S$2.00 apiece or even less such specimen may not be readily available in the west and to find a good specimen would be rare and far in between.So chicco 7 do not feel dejected by limited comment apart from general comments like fish looking healthy etc rather than centering on the physiques of competitive nature.Over here perhaps we are spoiled for choice by the sheer quantity as well as the quality of goldfish for our selection.As such we may sometime write without much thoughts of offending a poster given our constant dosage of higher quality fish here for our keeping.So I hope both parties will show a better understanding in accomodating each other posts with regards to the above

regards

goldrush
+Quote Post
Frankie
post Fri, 04 Nov 2005 11:59 am
Post #5

Mask ID to ALL Critics
Group Icon

Member No.: 168
Group: Staff
Last seen online:
Sat, 03 Sep 2005 7:05 pm
User's local time:
Green Water: Not Telling

Chicco77, don b disheartened by dis, keep up e searchin n u might find some diamond in e rough.. I know cos Im El Cheapo whn it comes to fish hunting in local fish shops! but I got 2 d looking (bt not show grade quality) orandas yesterday at S$2.40 each
+Quote Post
Chicco77
post Fri, 04 Nov 2005 3:46 pm
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,547
Last seen online:
User's local time:

hi all!

thanks for your comments! the fish is about 10cm from mouth to tail. i bought it one year ago when he/she was 3.5cm long. it was sold as a feeder fish for 0.75€.

the problem here is:very few people do serious goldfish-keeping here. goldfish are thought to be fish for beginners, for children. they have to live their (mostly very short) lifes in too small tanks or goldfishbowles, often without any filter or even plants. i try to do better! but under this circumstances it is not easy to get a real high-quality goldfish. and almost noone here would pay more than 5€ for a goldfish (my most expensive one is a black moor for which i paid 17€ - one of the best fish i have ever seen in reality <-- i was not in asia yet). another thing is, that most aquarists here keep tropical fish which of course look more "natural". so many people think fancy goldfish are poor individuals, because they look too exotic, too freaky. they think goldfish suffer because of their tails, their eyes, their wen, their gills... whatever. i don't think so. i don't like these narrow-minded people. i think that they should watch them first and than make a decision if goldfish are good or bad... i have made mine biggrin2.gif

regards

david
+Quote Post
Hamad
post Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:18 pm
Post #7

Silver
Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 82
Topics Started: 21
Last seen online:
Sat, 03 Feb 2007 4:09 pm
User's local time:
Thu, 25 Apr 2024 5:36 am

Personally, I favour that type of head and body which I know is against the Oranda show quality standards but to each his reference and taste.

I like the head growth, the body shape is perfect in my opinion, the fins look weak though. Too thin and too long. Other than that I love it and you have done an awesome job keeping it healthy and growing up for a whole year!

I totally understand what you're saying btw, I have checked fish stores in Paris and London and honestly the stock there is terrible, even worse than here in the UAE. You did a great job!

Hamad
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25-Apr-24 9:36 am
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us