Member No.: 3,851
Group: Member
Topics Started: 11
Last seen online:
Fri, 18 May 2012 3:44 pm
User's local time:
Sun, 05 May 2024 2:03 pm
Green Water: No

Rafflesgold: a web space for goldfish lovers.

In my opinion the forum should be renamed as the webspace for goldfish enthusiasts. Members are quick to scrutinize other member's possesions and use the word cull immediately regardless of what the owner and others who love goldfish think about the fish.

Sorry but I had to voice my opinion.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
goldrush
post Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:33 am
Post #2

RG Doc.com
Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 319
Group: Forum Doctor
Topics Started: 377
Last seen online:
Mon, 22 Jan 2024 10:45 pm
User's local time:
Sun, 05 May 2024 9:03 pm

Sometime I do feel the sensitivity of the subject.What is cull to us maybe someone's treasure!It goes to show there are many different levels of fish keeping.At extreme,the hardcores will settle no less than a "perfect fish" as they view each fish with stringent scrutiny and without much compromise.While at the other end,a runt or a stunt may simply evoke our sympathy and compassion to keep it on humanitarian grounds.

Many may feel intimidated to show their fish here but I feel to learn we must be prepared to learn the hard way if we need to improve.Back in 2003 when RG was founded,we had a panel of hard core enthusiasts that many find very unfriendly and unaccomodating, especially newbies.I had my fair share of such encounters initially and eventually win their trusts to become what I am today.Along the way,I learned alot here and in return I am here to teach and guide all to reduce the learning curve in goldfish keeping.My keeping is far from perfect but I think it will give you a reasonable headstart to upkeep any goldfish... rolleyes.gif

Regardless of whether you are a Goldfish lover or goldfish enthusiast you are all welcome here. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Hugoboss
post Thu, 23 Jul 2009 4:19 pm
Post #3

Silver
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,963
Topics Started: 14
Last seen online:
Fri, 17 May 2019 11:58 am
User's local time:
Green Water: Not Telling

The clash of the ??.... nananana.gif ..... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bekko
post Fri, 24 Jul 2009 3:59 am
Post #4

Gold
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,588
Group: Honorary Member
Topics Started: 17
Last seen online:
Sun, 23 Jan 2011 3:00 pm
User's local time:
Sun, 05 May 2024 3:03 am
Green Water: Not Telling

There are lots of goldfish forums and, just like people and goldfish, each forum has its own personality and etiquette. It would be impossible to keep up with every goldfish forum, so we all must pick and choose where to spend our time. If you want to hear people say loving things about every fish pictured and discuss cute names for it, there are forums that do that. If you want a frank critique, then go to RG. My personal preference is to hear harsh criticisms and that is why I was glad to find RG. I'm a little concerned that RG seems to have mellowed some in recent years, but it is still the place to go if you want to develop an eye for show standards.

-steve
+Quote Post
Titus
post Fri, 24 Jul 2009 1:33 pm
Post #5

Ordinary
Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 2,586
Topics Started: 5
Last seen online:
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 3:44 pm
User's local time:
Green Water: Yes

Personally, in terms of quality of information for hobbyists to learn from - RG is a fanatistic place When I first started out, a lot of my basics are learned here.

I believe RG has the right platform that can bring the hobby out to the public. And we can see RG making steps in doing that as well. One good example is the first ever RG Top View Comp coming up smile.gif

All being said, no one or forum or organisation is ever perfect. At least there are steps being taken in the right direction IMHO.

Keep it up RG!!
+Quote Post
Christo7
post Sat, 25 Jul 2009 9:51 pm
Post #6

Ordinary
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,851
Topics Started: 11
Last seen online:
Fri, 18 May 2012 3:44 pm
User's local time:
Sun, 05 May 2024 2:03 pm

Haha i dont give "cute" names to my fish or even describe my fish as "cute", so i'm not that sort of goldfish lover in that respect. For me I admire the shape, size, colour, appearance and history of the Ranchu and Oranda specimens in particular. Even though I was born in the UK and live in the UK my Malaysian Uncle showed me his Ranchu goldfish and since then I became very interested in this goldfish hobby.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 05-May-24 9:03 pm
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us