Member No.: 34
Group: Staff
Topics Started: 0
Last seen online:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 4:28 am
User's local time:
Fri, 26 Apr 2024 3:51 am
Green Water: Not Telling

This is my Nisai Ranchu. Please let me know what you think.

IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
yamato38gunkei
post Wed, 08 Dec 2004 9:36 am
Post #2

Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 123
Group: Honorary Member
Topics Started: 31
Last seen online:
Thu, 03 Sep 2015 5:23 am
User's local time:
Thu, 25 Apr 2024 9:51 pm
Green Water: No

I am a little disappointed that so few people commented this Ranchu ; and in fact all Ranchu in the Goldfish Academy.

I think this is a good opportunity to train your eye and it may open the eyes of the owners. More than 500 members and only a few comments. Probably it will never change, but I think that the fact that so many members "hide" is not good for the group. In the end it will discourage the "active" ones.

I was happy to see positive and negative comments. I only wish that those who gave negative comments were brave enough to say why etc. It is easy to critisise, but very difficult to give advice. It can only open the eyes of the breeder or owner. Everybody thinks that his or her fish are the best.

OK, my story. This Ranchu was bred by Mr. Kato from Okayama. I imported this Ranchu as a Tosai about one year ago. It is a male. Next year, I will use this Ranchu to breed. I think it is a very good Ranchu. OK, I wish the body was a little longer, but I do not think that the tummy is too thick.

I still hope to see more comments. Positive or negative !

Regards,

Geert Coppens
+Quote Post
namaste
post Sun, 12 Dec 2004 4:26 pm
Post #3

Silver
Group Icon

Member No.: 232
Group: Member
Topics Started: 13
Last seen online:
Mon, 03 Jul 2023 4:10 pm
User's local time:
Fri, 26 Apr 2024 3:51 am

QUOTE(yamato38gunkei @ Wed, 08 Dec 2004 9:36 am)
I am a little disappointed that so few people commented this Ranchu ; and in fact all Ranchu in the Goldfish Academy. 

I think this is a good opportunity to train your eye and it may open the eyes of the owners.  More than 500 members and only a few comments.  Probably it will never change, but I think that the fact that so many members "hide" is not good for the group.  In the end it will discourage the "active" ones.

I was happy to see positive and negative comments.  I only wish that those who gave negative comments were brave enough to say why etc.  It is easy to critisise, but very difficult to give advice.  It can only open the eyes of the breeder or owner.  Everybody thinks that his or her fish are the best.

OK, my story.  This Ranchu was bred by Mr. Kato from Okayama.  I imported this Ranchu as a Tosai about one year ago.  It is a male.  Next year, I will use this Ranchu to breed.  I think it is a very good Ranchu.  OK, I wish the body was a little longer, but I do not think that the tummy is too thick.

I still hope to see more comments.  Positive or negative !

Regards,
Geert Coppens

hello,

To me, the swimming and the balancing of the fish is very important. That why I find that it is difficult to comment from pic. But seems like the expert can do it. Tat's why I didn't make any comment. I hope I can. I am still learning.

As for training ranchu eye, I feel that only looking at the real fish then I can REALLY learn and appreciate. But still not good enough. Got to depend on the TRUE masters/experts too willingness to teach or not, and self experimentation and realisation are also very important. Well, all I can say learning this art is really a long journey. So far only you posted those fishes look good, the comment I would say osin and oyabone can be better. Well, there is no perfect fish! But overall I would say still got to see the real fish for TRUE comment and learning.

Well, I know nothing about breeding, I am still learning how to see a good and potential fish at this point. Sorry that I can't make comment about breeding and bloodline. I think every breeders have their own dream fish. This is an respectful art, the opinion is always subjected. Everybody has their own mentod of keeping and breeding.

I hope you are not disappointed anymore. Please comment on my statement made.

Thanks
Namaste
+Quote Post
yamato38gunkei
post Tue, 14 Dec 2004 7:18 pm
Post #4

Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 123
Group: Honorary Member
Topics Started: 31
Last seen online:
Thu, 03 Sep 2015 5:23 am
User's local time:
Thu, 25 Apr 2024 9:51 pm

QUOTE(namaste @ Sun, 12 Dec 2004 9:26 am)
hello,

To me, the swimming and the balancing of the fish is very important. That why I find that it is difficult to comment from pic. But seems like the expert can do it. Tat's why I didn't make any comment. I hope I can. I am still learning.

As for training ranchu eye, I feel that only looking at the real fish then I can REALLY learn and appreciate. But still not good enough. Got to depend on the TRUE masters/experts too willingness to teach or not, and self experimentation and realisation are also very important. Well, all I can say learning this art is really a long journey. So far only you posted those fishes look good, the comment I would say osin and oyabone can be better. Well, there is no perfect fish! But overall I would say still got to see the real fish for TRUE comment and learning.

Well, I know nothing about breeding, I am still learning how to see a good and potential fish at this point. Sorry that I can't make comment about breeding and bloodline. I think every breeders have their own dream fish. This is an respectful art, the opinion is always subjected. Everybody has their own mentod of keeping and breeding.

I hope you are not disappointed anymore. Please comment on my statement made.

Thanks
Namaste

Hello Namaste,

What you say is very true ! The most important when evaluating Ranchu is balance (see my Standard of Perfection) ; and the way the Ranchu swims.

But this is Internet ! It is very difficult to show how the Ranchu swims. Photos can give you an idea. An experienced "eye" will be able to have a good idea of how a Ranchu will swim when he sees a photo. But I agree that you can only be 100% sure when you see the fish alive and swimming.

I do think that we all should be happy our Japanese friends show many of their Ranchu on Internet, books, magazines, journals etc. Where would the Ranchu World be without all of these ? I think that for many of us photos, books, Internet etc. are the first contact with Ranchu.

Regards,

Geert Coppens
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
GA Secretary   Ga 064 - Ranchu   Sat, 04 Dec 2004 8:05 pm
Frankie   could have been a better fish pity it wasn't b...   Sun, 05 Dec 2004 7:51 am
GA Secretary   Very interesting ! Please let me know what ...   Sun, 05 Dec 2004 9:09 am
Frankie   looks clumsy, rather than a sleek powerful swimme...   Sun, 05 Dec 2004 1:25 pm
GA Secretary   OK, you told me something is not good. I hope t...   Sun, 05 Dec 2004 5:58 pm
Frankie   Your ranchu doesn't strike me as clumsy. It...   Sun, 05 Dec 2004 6:12 pm
Frankie   as i said.. looks clumsy, but how would one reall...   Fri, 10 Dec 2004 8:06 am
Frankie   Superb! :clap :clap :clap nice head, tail ...   Sun, 05 Dec 2004 7:51 am
Frankie   Very nice Nisai. Should be a wonderful Oya. I love...   Sun, 05 Dec 2004 11:58 am
GA Secretary   Why do you ask : "has the fish been stresse...   Sun, 05 Dec 2004 5:58 pm
top_view_ranchu   I see some stress mark (or maybe I'm wrong)o...   Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:09 pm
Frankie   To me, "cute" is not a compliment to a t...   Tue, 07 Dec 2004 8:15 pm
Frankie   In 20 odds days, it's going to be an Oya. Toug...   Wed, 08 Dec 2004 9:35 am
yamato38gunkei   I am a little disappointed that so few people comm...   Wed, 08 Dec 2004 9:36 am
namaste   hello, To me, the swimming and the balancing of...   Sun, 12 Dec 2004 4:26 pm
yamato38gunkei   Hello Namaste, What you say is very true ! ...   Tue, 14 Dec 2004 7:18 pm
Allan   I should mention Geert had initially chosen to pos...   Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:03 am
Frankie   IMHO .... Overall a very nice fish. Nice head grow...   Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:08 pm
The Matrix   Tricky Allan ... :bash Going thru my memories, ...   Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:09 pm
Allan   I'm innocent. :P Although I must admit I h...   Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:15 pm
yamato38gunkei   I had a fantastic time reading the comments. I ...   Thu, 09 Dec 2004 5:54 pm
yamato38gunkei   Dear Matrix, I wish you would use only English ...   Thu, 09 Dec 2004 5:54 pm
The Matrix   Sorry sorry Geert. Shall use better English when...   Fri, 10 Dec 2004 8:05 am
yamato38gunkei   Dear Matrix, It looks like we have a different ...   Fri, 10 Dec 2004 8:06 am
Frankie   Hi Geert, Really looking forward to see how the...   Fri, 10 Dec 2004 6:34 pm
mountain   I do not know TV fish. and i never pretend to know...   Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:44 pm
square_guy   wah... to my untrained eyes the tummy still seems ...   Wed, 08 Dec 2004 3:04 pm
yamato38gunkei   Dear Matrix, Thank you very much for the personal...   Sun, 12 Dec 2004 2:24 am
namaste   hello Geert, Thanks for your reply. I can see you...   Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:10 am

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26-Apr-24 3:51 am
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us