Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A Welcome Note to New Members

Members are reminded to use our SEARCH Engine to look for our archives of discussions. Please understand that most members do not enjoy answering the same questions over and over again. If your search is futile and you are not sure if similar questions have been asked before, please post in this section first. Our hardworking moderators will vet through your topic and will shift to the rightful section if it is something new and interesting.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hello To All!
RafRol
post Thu, 03 Jun 2010 11:51 am
Post #1

Group Icon

Member No.: 5,432
Group: Member
Topics Started: 1
Last seen online:
Tue, 29 Jun 2010 7:35 am
User's local time:
Tue, 23 Apr 2024 2:06 am
Green Water: Not Telling

Greetings from Connecticut (USA)!

My father had a fish tank when I was a little boy and I had fond memories of it. My brother has his own tank now for almost 1 year. Finally, I was bitten by the fish bug!

I got what I wanted for my birthday (May 1st): a 30 gallon fish tank (3 feet)! One month later, I am currently still cycling. My Ammonia is going down, my Nitrites is through the roof and I'm starting to get Nitrates. Hopefully, it will be just another 2 weeks since it is getting harder to wait!

I'm looking forward to replace my 3 feeder goldfish with 3 fancy goldfish (my inlaws are adopting my starter fish). I'm hoping I can find a high quality Lion-chu here in the USA, but I'm not having much luck. wacko.gif If I can't find a Lion-chu, than I'm sure I'll find a nice Lionhead in it's stead. I'm also thinking about getting an Oranda and finally for my third fish a Panda Moor (my girlfriend likes Telescopes... hey, she got me the tank).

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here and to learn more about my newfound hobby along the way.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
CP
post Thu, 03 Jun 2010 12:58 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 309
Group: Super Moderator
Topics Started: 59
Last seen online:
Mon, 13 Feb 2023 10:37 pm
User's local time:
Tue, 23 Apr 2024 2:06 pm
Green Water: Yes

Hello and welcome to RG. hi.gif
+Quote Post
RafRol
post Thu, 03 Jun 2010 3:05 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 5,432
Group: Member
Topics Started: 1
Last seen online:
Tue, 29 Jun 2010 7:35 am
User's local time:
Tue, 23 Apr 2024 2:06 am
Green Water: Not Telling

Here are a few pictures of my tank thus far...

IPB Image

My 30 Gallon tank is 36" L x 12" W x 16" H. I'm thinking of moving the air stone behind the rock ornament. And I'm thinking of getting a natural rock to replace the fake one. thinking.gif

IPB Image
A closeup. That's a Zebra Nerite cleaning the rock ornament.

IPB Image

That's an Anubia plant (Anubias barteri).

IPB Image
Those are Banana plants (Nymphoides aquatica). They are just beginning to grow there leaves. I need to do a better job of anchoring the one on the left.

IPB Image

That's a Tracked Nerite snail (a.k.a. Ruby Nerite). This one is not as active as my Zebra Nerite.

Comments are welcomed! Either positive or constructive. wink.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23-Apr-24 2:06 pm
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us