Group: Staff
Topics Started: 0
Last seen online:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 4:28 am
User's local time:
Fri, 26 Apr 2024 3:42 am
Green Water: Not Telling

Dear People

It's no secret who owns these ranchus. Bro namaste have asked me to post the video file of his ranchus here for all to comment annoymously and frankly.

Please don't be shy and speak your heart out; he won't know who you are.

Direct Link: http://rafflesgold.dyndns.org/~rg/video/P1010034a.mov
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
olddog
post Tue, 18 May 2004 6:25 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 29
Group: Honorary Member
Topics Started: 6
Last seen online:
Fri, 03 Jul 2015 8:08 am
User's local time:
Thu, 25 Apr 2024 8:42 pm
Green Water: Yes

Hello,

The most impressive feature of all three ranchu is the strong peduncle and back width.

The features that detract most from my eye is the rounded wen extension and lack of funtan extension.

Nice fish in v/good health and condition.

Best regards
Forrest (olddog)
+Quote Post
Frankie
post Wed, 19 May 2004 8:40 am
Post #3

Mask ID to ALL Critics
Group Icon

Member No.: 168
Topics Started: 1
Last seen online:
Sat, 03 Sep 2005 7:05 pm
User's local time:

Dunno how also must write frank comments mah. Since it's on a motion pic type, detail unclear. So presumming a Japan fish as stated (Yatomi import ? hand carried or from a reliable dealer ?). Sorry Namaste if you dun mind. peace.gif

Okay, 3 fishes ( next time try to label them before hand ) So everyone has the same naming standard ...

A : Red body
B : White body red dot
C : Red body white patches

OK ... here goes my own half tank water comment ...

Dislike : No head growth. For a fish of this size, comparing to the size of sponge, it's way under developed. Body seems a little weak, lack of firmness. Fish likely to be a mature Nisai. Trying to pause the mov and saw the eye actually quite large. Very obvious on B.

Like : Overall of fish, features not bad (other than the head), really not too bad fish.

Following comments are without color or pattern.

A : Among 3, best fish. A little unclear on the swiming posture. Looks like head down. Overall looks much better than the other 2.

B : Very close to A. Nice swimming posture. Head dive down when pushing forward. Maybe is just a short mov, a good clear view on this fish with longer mov will sure be better. Feature wise, nice and distinct. Not bad actually.

C : Weak penduncle, tail collapsed. Swimming not elegant. A little like struggling. But does not looks like a poor body structure. Do pay some attention to the body shape.

All 3 should be much better, put in focus on getting the firmness on body and improve on the head.

Individual pic or motion pic will help to find out much more info. A clear static pic can help bros here to give more detail comment on each fish.

peace.gif
+Quote Post
Frankie
post Wed, 19 May 2004 4:47 pm
Post #4

Mask ID to ALL Critics
Group Icon

Last seen online:
User's local time:

Sigh. The fishes can't swim. They are merely gliding. There's no "control" much less any grace.

Further, I'm curious if they had cheeks and better developed wens when you first got hold of them? You have to take good care of your water or their health will deteriorate quickly!

Sorry.
+Quote Post
DIYGOLD
post Thu, 20 May 2004 6:42 am
Post #5

Ordinary
Group Icon

Member No.: 242
Group: Member
Topics Started: 3
Last seen online:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:44 am
User's local time:
Green Water: No

Thanks for your comment.

In fact they will taken right after their 2weeks quarantine period. At that pt of time, they were bout 9mth old. They were born last year May period. Yes, most Yatomi bloodline will not have their head developed soon. But I not so worry bout that because of its bloodline. Just got to take care of the keeping method and development.

B, has the strongest tail, followed by A is the best. As for C, it can grow pretty big due to its top body curve.(if you undstd wat I mean....)

I am happy with your reply. Thanks again. Will see if possible to post future developement...if you are still interested to see....
+Quote Post
Frankie
post Thu, 20 May 2004 9:26 am
Post #6

Mask ID to ALL Critics
Group Icon

Last seen online:
User's local time:

QUOTE(Frankie @ Wed 19 May 2004 04:46 PM)
Sigh.  The fishes can't swim.  They are merely gliding.  There's no "control" much less any grace.

Further, I'm curious if they had cheeks and better developed wens when you first got hold of them?  You have to take good care of your water or their health will deteriorate quickly!

Sorry.

Dun be sorry, actually the fishes are kept in filtered water and seems to be in certain form of stress. I do agree that the swimming not as good as seen from the short video. Got to give some time lah. Furthermore, 3 fish squeeze together. Do allow namaste to provide further update mah.

Actually, I find the body not firm enough to give the fish that elegant style. Hopefully can bulk up a bit in the next couple of months.

QUOTE(namaste @ Thr 20 May 2004 06:41 AM)
In fact they will taken right after their 2weeks quarantine period. At that pt of time, they were bout 9mth old. They were born last year May period. Yes, most Yatomi bloodline will not have their head developed soon.

9 mths old and still not head growth ? Okay ... I wonder how the thai done it with their yatomi bloodline.

And 9 mth old the body looks so big ? That's kind of difficult to see in the video. Maybe next time people got to state the size of the fish.

Growing big is not necessary a good fish. I won't be interested if it's big or not.

Do update us ! Sure love to see each individual.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26-Apr-24 3:42 am
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us