Topics Started: 0
Last seen online:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 4:28 am
User's local time:
Fri, 26 Apr 2024 3:29 am
Green Water: Not Telling

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hi bros, plis comment on my junior Oojima TV...around 8 cm long, 4 months old... smile.gif Thx
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 7)
Frankie
post Mon, 11 Oct 2004 8:33 am
Post #2

Mask ID to ALL Critics
Group Icon

Member No.: 168
Group: Staff
Topics Started: 1
Last seen online:
Sat, 03 Sep 2005 7:05 pm
User's local time:

terrible fish.
tail collapsed, bullet head.
cant get worse than this.
+Quote Post
The Matrix
post Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:22 am
Post #3

The Matrix
Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 19
Group: Associate
Topics Started: 20
Last seen online:
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 5:22 pm
User's local time:
Green Water: Yes

Before I read your bottom line, the pic showing an Uno line related fish. So I won't use the mainstream Japan ranchu comment.

4 months old or u have already keeping it for past 4 months ? If really 4 mths old, then u super keeper !

Since it's Ojima line, then this fish overall still okay. Color so so. Tail is there but seems like the fish is kept in a clear or filtered water. Very weak. Do provide sufficient food. Body lacks of mass.

Keeping method not good. Do post your style and see if the people here could help you change a little.

The Matrix
+Quote Post
GA Secretary
post Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:44 pm
Post #4

Mask ID to Fish Owner
Group Icon

Member No.: 34
Last seen online:
User's local time:

Hi guys..thx for the commnet..yeah, I must agree that the tail is not so good, I am hoping that it is not the tail bone that is affected and wishing that it will stabilize, any tips?...This fish is 4 months olds, will be 5 months sometimes this week, bought it a month ago ago and was quite skinny...put it in green water for this past 2 weeks, the wen is comin' out tho...water level is around 20 cm, 3 fishes in 160 liters ceramic pot (similar to the way the japs keep their tosakin)...Feed 3 times a day with bloodworms, tetra goldfish and fish-born...Plis give me tips on how to improve this ranchu thx...Oh, btw what is a bullet head? personally, i think the head is square enough...thx bros wink.gif
+Quote Post
Frankie
post Mon, 11 Oct 2004 4:43 pm
Post #5

Mask ID to ALL Critics
Group Icon

Last seen online:
User's local time:

the head isnt square at all. its round, its bullet head. btw, how did u get fish born? i think u should stick to feeding bloodworm and fish born. leave the tetra goldfish, it doesnt help headgrowth in my experience.
+Quote Post
Frankie
post Mon, 11 Oct 2004 6:06 pm
Post #6

Mask ID to ALL Critics
Group Icon

Last seen online:
User's local time:

QUOTE(Secretary @ Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:44 pm)
Hi guys..thx for the commnet..yeah, I must agree that the tail is not so good, I am hoping that it is not the tail bone that is affected and wishing that it will stabilize, any tips?

Goldfish changes in many ways as it ages except for its tails structure/shape which is pretty much permanent.

In this sense, a fish born with with collapsed tails will stay that way no matter how much you try to change it.

On the other hand, a good tails will collapse if you don't keep the fish well, stressing it with bad water or high current.

Sorry.
+Quote Post
GA Secretary
post Tue, 12 Oct 2004 8:15 am
Post #7

Mask ID to Fish Owner
Group Icon

Member No.: 34
Last seen online:
User's local time:

Oi thx for the tips once again...fish born I got from shawn...I include another pic from different angle, and for me It seems that the head is not round lah...round, do u mean the wen?

IPB Image

..btw I also attached a pic of my 'fat' hamamatsu, would u consider his head to be bullet also? coz from that angle it looks similar...

IPB Image

Oh, I got to ask one more thing, to quote from geert's website, 'When the Ranchu moves, the tail should be slightly shut inside ; when the fish stops, the tail should be open as if a flower opened.' ...Please tell me the difference between 'collapse' and 'shut inside' so I can choose a better tail ranchu next time...Thx a lot... smile.gif
+Quote Post
Frankie
post Wed, 13 Oct 2004 5:33 pm
Post #8

Mask ID to ALL Critics
Group Icon

Last seen online:
User's local time:

QUOTE(Secretary @ Tue, 12 Oct 2004 8:15 am)
Oh, I got to ask one more thing, to quote from geert's website, 'When the Ranchu moves, the tail should be slightly shut inside ; when the fish stops, the tail should be open as if a flower opened.' ...Please tell me the difference between 'collapse' and 'shut inside' so I can choose a better tail ranchu next time...Thx a lot... smile.gif

A good tails opens up like a cherry blossom. A good and strong tails will close up a little momentarily because of water resistance, and that's what geert coopens means by "shut inside". Otherwise the tails are held up like an opened umbrella. A collapsed tails, on the other hand, stay shut even when the fish is floating motionless. It's sad to see that.

I hope I'm clear about it. It's best observed in a swimming ranchu. Pay attention to that if you can.

(off-topic) A good ranchu also swims holding its head straight ahead instead of swinging from side to side "... as if it doesn't know where it wants to go", a common trait among sideview ranchus and cheap topview wannabe.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26-Apr-24 3:29 am
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us