Member No.: 319
Group: Forum Doctor
Topics Started: 377
Last seen online:
Mon, 22 Jan 2024 10:45 pm
User's local time:
Sun, 12 May 2024 2:31 am
Green Water: No

Ever since I posted some fish in this forum, I had received quite a handful of pm and emails from newbies and some UFO (unidentified forum observers) on one simple question…….Where the hell did you get those fish?Or else someone would pop up with something like:I need some recommendations on who sells good stock,healthy stocks and best stocks.

So to ease my job of repeating my replies, I have compiled my personal list of favorites and not so favorites, acquaintances and associates whom I know them pretty well.

However please read this !!!!Every of these mentioned have sold me sick fish as well.I’m sure you experienced guys have that same shit irrespective of your Guan Xi..Having said that they are not solely responsible for selling sick fish but the onus is on you not to pick one.So for that matter there ain”t no LFS that constantly sell healthy stock…diseased free!But with a little contact and some intelligent negotiations you may find buying from these a rewarding and challenging experience.
I’m writing this on a personal note and the list is by no means complete.i have revisited these from time to time and with the industry moving along with the economy at unprecedented pace,some quality may improve while others may face a decline.

So folks here are my haunts

For detail addresses please refer to lobang thread

AC
Now Seah has been around for years. To the uninitiated this run down shop may appear unappealing but his stocks can be amazing though unpredictable.There is no definite shipment,no advertisement and purely by chance you will get to buy your prized fish. Thai fish , Chinese ryukin/oranda are his specialties.Stocks are healthy and well kept
Price reasonable and hardly negotiable

QH/MainL***
To me these are the sickbays of all LFS.If you intend to pursue your master in fish pathology you will be spoiled for choice.Fish are very poorly kept in their crowded tanks with central filtration system.So be careful as you may end up with more than you can catch!

35 Pasir Ris Farm
One of my favorite haunts as I’ve known the bros since AMK days.Prices can be a bit steep but with a bit of clever negotiation and play acting you may land yourself with some good buys.Thai and Chinese are their specialties.Stocks are well kept and generally healthy although you may see a tank or two stricken with ich!

JK4
The veteran of goldfish selling.With a combination age of beyond one and half centuries,these two loving couple have been around for at least ½ a century or more plying their trade.Old man would like to push you to buy the higher end but I go there for their Culls.Most of these are selected from their frequent Thai source and are price between $15 to $25.You need to negotiate with the wife to get a better deal

NY(Seletar) This is the place where there is perennial 20% discount on your goldfish.If you like brown ranchu,this is the place to hunt.They do carry nice crowned pearl as well.But do be careful ,their shipment are often sick and do the proper quarantine for better survival rate

Sam(Seletar) This is the place for high grade Thai fish(oranda,SV ranchu )but be prepared to pay a high premium for it. Fish are very well quarantined and extremely healthy.Strictly for connoisseurs and competition keen keepers only.

Somewhere over the Rain***

Nested in the vicinity of several well known LFS,this store is highly reputed for carrot cake serving. But sometimes you can get good deals if they have special offers and when they need to clear old stocks to make way for new arrivals.They have quite a consistent weekly replenishment of new fishes but beware as the underlying undergravel filtration system harbour some persistent infective organisms that await every arrival….

There is an open end to this thread as I may find new hideouts in some secluded areas in the not so distant future and remember this hobby is not just about buying fish but searching for that elusive one is part of the entire fulfilling adventure….

Happy goldfishing

goldrush
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
CP
post Tue, 01 Aug 2006 10:53 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 309
Group: Super Moderator
Topics Started: 59
Last seen online:
Mon, 13 Feb 2023 10:37 pm
User's local time:
Green Water: Yes

Kekekeke.....................

Fish hunt on Saturday afternoons.
I always thot Pasir Ris is your favourite haunts.
+Quote Post
goldrush
post Tue, 01 Aug 2006 11:32 pm
Post #3

RG Doc.com
Group Icon

User Gallery
Last seen online:
User's local time:

Free to join me? bigwink.gif

Everyweek I try to stimulate the goldfish market by buying something leh........

called Compulsive.addictive behaviour.....CAB mc.gif
+Quote Post
tanker
post Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:33 am
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,093
Group: Member
Topics Started: 2
Last seen online:
Sun, 03 Sep 2006 9:08 pm
User's local time:

Hi Goldrush,
Being new to keeping ranchus,where are these places located namely JK4,AC and NY?
Would like to go over this weekend.
Hopefully can get 1 or 2 ranchus home with me.
Thks in advance.
+Quote Post
goldrush
post Wed, 02 Aug 2006 8:23 am
Post #5

RG Doc.com
Group Icon

User Gallery
Last seen online:
User's local time:

Please refer to this thread by founder for all the above locations

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10

good_very.gif
+Quote Post
cheangv
post Wed, 02 Aug 2006 9:22 am
Post #6

Ordinary
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,982
Topics Started: 7
Last seen online:
Wed, 26 Aug 2009 9:05 am
User's local time:
Green Water: Not Telling

Thks for the write up. Useful info and will try to visit some of those that I have not this weekend good_very.gif
+Quote Post
Koino
post Mon, 15 Jan 2007 1:07 am
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,496
Topics Started: 5
Last seen online:
Thu, 02 Apr 2009 1:54 am
User's local time:
Green Water: Not Telling

Thanks.. Just as i needed. They say Pasir Ris and Seletar are the places to source for goldfish. is that right?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12-May-24 2:31 am
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us