Member No.: 2
Group: Super Admin
Topics Started: 330
Last seen online:
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 1:46 pm
User's local time:
Fri, 29 Mar 2024 1:56 pm
Green Water: Yes

You're most welcomed and thanks for the suggestion to put the guide up; it was done so long ago I completely forgotten about it. blush.gif

I should add a few points about this guide.

It's NOT based on any country or club preference and shall not be taken as a competition reference -- it's really just my OWN preference on how I like my ranchus.

As far as I know, there's no "international" standard on how a side-view ranchu should be. I made this guide for newbies to figure out why a ranchu he acquired did not get a "swee ah" respond from anyone (except fellow newbies.) If you follow the guide when selecting your ranchu, your chances of hitting jackpot increase. biggrin.gif

Colored Fins: This is obviously my personal preference as I like to keep my goldfish (yeah... not just ranchus) in a all white tank/tub/basin. If the fins are not coloured, the fish would look deformed with missing fins. Watching those little pectoral fins peddle in the water makes me happy; I don't want to miss seeing them.

Anal Fins: I meant to put a reference to these fins but unable to fit it in the guide. As far as I'm concerned, single or a pair of anal fins is fine. Obviously a pair is the norm and for some groups of people, single anal fin disqualifies the ranchu for competition. Look, I'd rather have one perfect anal fin then a pair of defective ones. And... yeah... it doesn't bother me whether the single anal fin sticks out to the left or to the right of the anal.

Enjoy the guide but do look at other bros' collection to understand and learn to appreciate ranchus the way you like them to be, or we'll be living in a world where everyone has identical looking girlfriends/wife/mistresses who look exactly like Miss Universe.

You can download larger sized and higher screen resolution JPG files as follows:-

Attached File(s)
Attached File  ranchu_select.zip ( 390.78k ) Number of downloads: 2381
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
HappyBuddha   How To Select A Side-view Ranchu   Mon, 05 Jan 2004 9:19 am
HappyBuddha   http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/uploads/faq/rsg2...   Mon, 05 Jan 2004 9:19 am
HappyBuddha   http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/uploads/faq/rsg2...   Mon, 05 Jan 2004 9:19 am
dennis   Thanks. :)   Mon, 05 Jan 2004 10:34 am
HappyBuddha   You're most welcomed and thanks for the sugges...   Mon, 05 Jan 2004 12:27 pm
goldrush   Its been more than 4 years since someone has writt...   Fri, 14 Mar 2008 5:12 pm
Noidea   Nice guide, this picture do help me as I am wonder...   Fri, 14 Mar 2008 8:25 pm
Damo   Doc, maybe you should be publishing a book for new...   Fri, 14 Mar 2008 8:41 pm
goldrush   hahaha Maybe I should write my own review.Hmmmm l...   Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:55 pm
fastrails   Very nice, but in the USA you get what's offer...   Sat, 15 Mar 2008 1:37 am
CP   OK, my very own input to this thread: :smoke ...   Sat, 15 Mar 2008 5:53 pm
egwinh   the ultimate ranchu should be like this... imagine...   Sat, 15 Mar 2008 7:45 pm
goldrush   After reading the above you end up RICH in your s...   Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:06 am
bekko   I like the curvature of the back to be both smooth...   Sun, 16 Mar 2008 2:57 am
CP   Another example of what constitutes a good SVR; th...   Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:38 am
churico4ever   Hello HappyBuddha thanks for your guide on this, ...   Fri, 07 Nov 2008 4:37 pm
CP   TVR selection can be found at the pinned topic in ...   Fri, 07 Nov 2008 5:08 pm
churico4ever   Thank You CP it will be a great help for me to det...   Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:18 am
sunziskytan   Hi everyone, I'm new here, I must say this is ...   Sun, 20 Feb 2011 8:58 pm

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29-Mar-24 1:56 pm
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us