Member No.: 1,284
Group: Member
Topics Started: 1
Last seen online:
Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:43 am
User's local time:
Tue, 12 Dec 2017 9:56 pm
Green Water: No

hi all been lurking here a while got some really useful info of this site. i have a question does anyone know where i could buy some ranchu in the uk. they are proving difficult to find.

regards billy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Happy Oranda
post Mon, 17 Oct 2005 5:26 am
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,477
Topics Started: 0
Last seen online:
Mon, 21 Nov 2011 5:08 pm
User's local time:
Tue, 12 Dec 2017 2:56 pm

Hi,

I know a guy named Jimmy Sutton in Birmingham sells the best Ranchu in the UK and I got one from him. A little bit expensive. If you want to travel to Brum, let me know and I will tell you details.
+Quote Post
billy s
post Tue, 18 Oct 2005 3:04 am
Post #3

Ordinary
Group Icon

Last seen online:
User's local time:

thanks for the reply,does jimmy sutton sell tv ranchu? i would apprieate the contact details. i have a brother who lives in birmingham.

thanks billy
+Quote Post
Happy Oranda
post Tue, 18 Oct 2005 4:55 am
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,477
Topics Started: 0
Last seen online:
Mon, 21 Nov 2011 5:08 pm
User's local time:
Tue, 12 Dec 2017 2:56 pm

He has reconstructed his garden into a small fish farm with at least 8 ponds. Most of his Ranchu, for my point of view, are top views. All of his Ranch has been in his ponds for more than a year, some even 2 years. So they are massive.

Sorry his name is Timmy Sutton, not Jimmy Sutton. Tele no is 0121-749 3711 The address is 83 Coleshill Road, Water Orton, Bimingham, B20 1QF, everyone knows him in that small town.

You need to make an appointment and you are only welcomed on Saturday moring as he has to look after his 93 years old mum and would like to give his mum a quiet envrionment.

Tips:

1.Dont drive, go by a train if you can. Only 10 min from Birmigham city center. However it took me 45 mins to get there by a car.

2. The second tip is a bit tricky and depends on your luck. I bough my Ranchu about a month ago. At that time, he screened his fish to keep the best through the winter. He kept the fish to sell in tanks and the best in ponds. When I got there, only about 20 left in tanks. You can imagin the quality of the fish in tanks. They were not as good as it in pond and most of good ones in tanks have been bought by other buyers. I asked him to get more from ponds so that I can get a better one, he refuesed. He said 'thats all for sale'. Fortunately my girlfriend was quite brave and said:' It is a discrimination for foreigners (we are not English), and we just want that black one in the pond (only 5 black in pond).' He looked at us and said 'ok' and then netted the black one for us. It took him half an hour to uncover the net above ponds and catch the fish we wanted. shiok.gif But the black one did cost us a fortune.

3. He does not take cards, cash only. If you want to buy more than one Ranchu, get at least 150 pounds with you.

If you need any further info, let me know.

Good luck and wish you get the Ranchu you want.
+Quote Post
billy s
post Wed, 19 Oct 2005 5:21 am
Post #5

Ordinary
Group Icon

Last seen online:
User's local time:

thanks for the info i may have to pop down to brum. i can see our kid while i'm there.

regards billy
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12-Dec-17 9:56 pm
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us