Member No.: 1,671
Group: Member
Topics Started: 15
Last seen online:
Sat, 01 Oct 2011 3:01 pm
User's local time:
Fri, 29 Mar 2024 1:55 am
Green Water: No

Hello. I am a new member from New York. I want to know what you think of my new calico butterfly. I know that this piece does not really hold up by your standards, but consider that for America, this fish is considered high end, and I actually paid a pretty high price for it. I just wanted to know what things I can do to improve the appearance of this fish. Consider that it has only been in my posession for 2 days, and was shipped to me from Texas.

IPB Image

I also wanted to add that the top edges of the pectoral fins curl down, and the tail ends curl in. Can these defects be fixed?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
The Matrix
post Fri, 02 Dec 2005 3:53 pm
Post #2

The Matrix
Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 19
Group: Associate
Topics Started: 20
Last seen online:
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 5:22 pm
User's local time:
Fri, 29 Mar 2024 1:55 pm
Green Water: Yes

QUOTE(demdamdemekins @ Fri, 02 Dec 2005 12:25 pm)
I know that this piece does not really hold up by your standards, but consider that for America, this fish is considered high end, and I actually paid a pretty high price for it.

Fish seems to be a Tung Hoi signature type ... not a bad fish. looks balance. color wise, not too bad. overall fish should be in the high mid level grading fish. For USD200, u can get a superb grade 3-4" dragon already.

Can take a clear shot on the fish side profile ? I like to see the scale more clearly.

I just wanted to know what things I can do to improve the appearance of this fish. I also wanted to add that the top edges of the pectoral fins curl down, and the tail ends curl in. Can these defects be fixed?

NO.

the pectoral tip will tends to curl as it grow older. It's absolutely normal. Dun worry so much. The tail ends curl inward is due to the tail structure. U can't do anything to correct it. However, do maintain very low water current and clean water to maintain the tail.

QUOTE(desireless @ Fri, 02 Dec 2005 1:55 pm)
Not all dragoneyes are appreciated from top. But if it is sold to you as "Butterfly-tailed" then it should be appreciated from top.

Butterfly tail refered to the Tail, not the way it should be appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29-Mar-24 1:55 pm
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us