Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Water Inside The Tank Is Like End Of The World !
teckheng
post Wed, 17 Dec 2008 4:27 pm
Post #1

Ordinary
Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 4,273
Group: Member
Topics Started: 12
Last seen online:
Sat, 08 Aug 2009 2:52 am
User's local time:
Tue, 24 Oct 2017 4:43 am
Green Water: No

My Submersible filter
Brand : BOYU
Model : 1800 B

IPB Image

VOLT: AC230/115V
FREQ: 50/60Hz
POWER: 13W
HMAX: 1.0m
QMAX: 700L/h
WEILHT: 0.70kg
SIZE: 116x75x258mm

My Tank size : 2 Feets

Will my new goldfish take it ? The water looks dangerous... any way to claim down the water ?

I have another Dolphin E-300 water fall at another side... is it too much for 2 Feet ?

IPB Image

This post has been edited by teckheng: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 4:33 pm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
CP
post Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:07 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 309
Group: Super Moderator
Topics Started: 59
Last seen online:
Thu, 12 Oct 2017 2:25 pm
User's local time:
Green Water: Yes

Calculate tank capacity; and filter should turn over 3 to 4 times per hour in order not to create too strong currents.

Eg if your tanks is 100 L, pump shall be 300 L/hr or 400L/hr. From the look of it, BOYU is too strong for your 2 ft tank.
+Quote Post
teckheng
post Thu, 18 Dec 2008 1:01 am
Post #3

Ordinary
Group Icon

User Gallery
Last seen online:
User's local time:

I just went another fish shop and another unfriendly auntie... however still give me a lot advise... i guess all fish shop owners are unfriendly.... ??

Bought 3 goldfish.... 1 black, 1 red head white body and 1 total red.

Black goldfish have big eyes, the reds have big popping head...

Ya.. i know where is a name for them, but I cannot remember them very clearly now... still a newbie in this...

The shop recommend me some fish food, Tetra Fin, Gold Exotic... i ask if she got a better grade food... she took out a Japanese fish food costing $15 a packet... ohmy.gif

$15 kinda expensive for me, so i opt for the $5.70 Tetra Fin Gold Exotic in the end....

2nd Shop damage
3 Fish $4 + $4 + $3 = $11
Food = $5.70
Dolphin H-300 Filter = $3.50

Total = $20.20
Discount = $0.20cents.

^^
+Quote Post
CP
post Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:51 am
Post #4

Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 309
Group: Super Moderator
Topics Started: 59
Last seen online:
Thu, 12 Oct 2017 2:25 pm
User's local time:
Green Water: Yes

QUOTE(teckheng @ Thu, 18 Dec 2008 1:01 am) *

I just went another fish shop and another unfriendly auntie... however still give me a lot advise... i guess all fish shop owners are unfriendly.... ??

The shop recommend me some fish food, Tetra Fin, Gold Exotic... i ask if she got a better grade food... she took out a Japanese fish food costing $15 a packet... ohmy.gif

$15 kinda expensive for me, so i opt for the $5.70 Tetra Fin Gold Exotic in the end....

2nd Shop damage
3 Fish $4 + $4 + $3 = $11
Food = $5.70
Dolphin H-300 Filter = $3.50

Total = $20.20
Discount = $0.20cents.

^^

Please note point (7) of Goldrush's 10 commandment here. tongue.gif
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1597
+Quote Post
teckheng
post Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:58 am
Post #5

Ordinary
Group Icon

User Gallery
Last seen online:
User's local time:

QUOTE(CP @ Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:51 am) *

Please note point (7) of Goldrush's 10 commandment here. tongue.gif
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1597

beg2.gif

the shop have thousand of selection too... the seller gave me 2. one $5.70 and another $15.00.

To be frank, it's actually my CO's Aura that makes me buy the $5.70. mad.gif
If I buy the $15.00 Hikari food, one month... my CO will be nag nag nag nag nag... wacko.gif

I got another problem... those $4 goldfish are almost 5-6CM size... but the $3 is only 3-4CM size... and it's always alone and at the bottom of the tank. The black (big eye) and Renchu?? is always swimming round and round playing with each another... happydance1.gif

I just measure my tank, it's 60 x 30 x 30 / 1000 = 54

Can I fit more goldfish ? Must I really stick to 3 ? Because the whole tank is really looks like have enough room for 1 or 2 more goldfish. (Image will be posting later at work.... still at home now)

Need some advise

1) Do I need to give a air pump using those air stone ? Because I am using Dolphin E-300 and it don't really suck very good. The wastes of the goldfish are still on the bottom. The placement of the E-300 is at the left side and the wastes are kinda push to the right side of the tank.

2) If the E-300 is not good, do you guys recommend to change another type of filter ? My friend who's dad owns a fish farm (eat type, not hobbies type) said use those sand/rock/cotton filters are better, they clean up the waste very neatly.

Cheers ! shiok.gif
+Quote Post
teckheng
post Thu, 18 Dec 2008 2:31 pm
Post #6

Ordinary
Group Icon

User Gallery
Last seen online:
User's local time:

as promise...

IPB Image
The Loner... sad.gif

IPB Image
Reds - Red Head, Red Top, White Body

IPB Image
Black Submarine ! biggrin.gif I love him a lot..

IPB Image
(left side is The Loner and right side is Reds and Black Submarine..)
Do you notice the Loner is very lonely ? Black Submarine & the Red have no problem playing together...
Do you guys think I can throw in another 1 or 2 more goldfish ?
The Loner size is 20% smaller, is this the reason for him being lonely ?

This post has been edited by teckheng: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 2:32 pm
+Quote Post
teckheng
post Fri, 19 Dec 2008 3:48 am
Post #7

Ordinary
Group Icon

User Gallery
Last seen online:
User's local time:

today i purchase another filter $2 ea(PolyArt Aquarium), as the matter of fact, 2 ! ...

IPB Image

and also Hikari Lionhead (sinking pellets) $4.00 / 100g (@ C328), one new Ranchu $6 (ohmy.gif @ C328) This is the most expensive Ranchu inside the my fish tank currently. At C328, the boss and lady boss are quiet person, so quiet that I asked them some qns, they smile back only. RG.com bought me to the shop. The list was created @ 2003 and claim they are friendly and helpful, however both boss and lady boss keep smiling at me when I ask some qns. Maybe my qns are boring, I trying to find a solution to my dirty tank... so I went to hunt a new Ranchu. I slowly find a full red one, and do spot 3 dead ones too in the same tank. I thought remove dead fish to prevent the rest from getting ill ? I finally get a full red Ranchu and paid for it. $10... first stop..

Walk down and saw PolyArt Qquarium. A-lot of their workers outside the shop, more than customers... went in and walk round and round with a plastic bag with Hikari food and a Ranchu... maybe they thought I trying to steal things... (duh) so one uncle kinda peep at me where i go and when i switch to 2nd layer of tanks, he switch together.

Since he is so free following me, i went up to him (as he wearing shop uniform) and ask him if he is free and I am new to breeding goldfish.

Amazing... he is the first most helpful (RF people are helpful too smile.gif) shop worker i ever come across.
He told me a-lot and teach me pH and KH. Yes the forum had a-lot of information but I am more handy man, books and text are not really helping more than hands on.

Ended up, i really learn a-lot and purchase these from him...
1 x pH Down ($4.80)
1 x pH Up ($4.80)
1 x KH Up ($4.80
1 x Filter Wools ($2.00)
1 x Tetra pH test kit ($9.90)
1 x Tetra PH test kit ($9.90)
2 x Bottom Filter ($2.00 ea)

Total $44.20
The uncle gave me discount on every items with cents.
End up, i save $4.20 and he said he give me the 2 bottom filters for starter ! another $4 !... total i paid $36 only.

This uncle is the most friendly i met since my first day going to LFS.

When home and quickly merge the new Ranchu and blend the water temp first. Then set up the filters and found out I need rubber hose from the air pump.

Drove out to Geylang Lorong 19, Fish Pet World, to grab 2 metre of rubber hose and also a T connector...
WOW, another nice shop owner, this time it's the lady boss. She gave me advise on Coral and tips on breeding goldfish. Enter up, 2 metre rubber hose $1.60 and a T connect $0.30.

By the way, they have lots of Coral bits, shell, sand, rocks and peddles for filter heavy or deco.
They do not have goldfish, they are more to arowana and others funny fishes.

Now I got a problem to fix 2 filters to 1 pump. Somehow no matter how i plug, only one out of 2 filters will have bubbles pumping out. Another just dead.

One member suggested a air pump valve control, but still the same... might be my pump.....

Update : The loner is no longer loner now. He is more happier. I guess he is scare on the first day into a large tank. He used to be inside a basic with 635324 Ranchus together, yes 635324 i counted.... tongue.gif

4AM, sleep.

This post has been edited by teckheng: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 3:51 am
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24-Oct-17 4:43 am
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us