Member No.: 34
Group: Staff
Topics Started: 0
Last seen online:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 4:28 am
User's local time:
Fri, 29 Mar 2024 1:34 pm
Green Water: Not Telling

hi , im new here . ive just started learning all the different desirable traits and everything .
i bought a few calico ranchu for my pond. i bought them as pets with no care that they are show quality . since im trying to learn what is desirable and not just pretty to me, id like some one to have a look at this ranchu . she is 3-4 inches now . it is female i saw her lay eggs. i hope these pics are good enough , my camera is getting repaired . the fish is a good swimmer and to fast for me to get a really good pic. IPB Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Goldenpearl
post Fri, 23 Oct 2009 9:57 pm
Post #2

Ordinary
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,961
Group: Member
Topics Started: 6
Last seen online:
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 3:48 am
User's local time:
Fri, 29 Mar 2024 6:34 am
Green Water: Not Telling

Hello. i iam also new on the forum, i have this hobby about 2 years now, but stil have lots to learn.

What i can say on this Ranchu is, it is a Side view Ranchu, (SVR) so it must be judged from the side.
So some pictures from the site wil be better for judging.
I think the collor is nice nice much bleu.
The Wen (headgrwoht) is verry minimal on this fish and i doubt it wil evver have a big Wen.
The fish i bouht about the same sice and head type simmilar to yours is growing verry slowly wen on top and cheeks hardley, while outher fish i bouht whit different head type more pronounced Wen at the same age cise are developing much bigger wen.

I read here on the Forum that Genetics are verry important on fish.
But whit good food like Hikari palltes and frosen blood worms, brine schrimp,Daphnia and lots of water changes the Wen groht wil pronouce more and faster, but as i said earlyer the Gene's of the fish are impotant to, maybe the most impotant part (not sure stil learning meself a lot smile.gif )

If 'the fisg dont have a good Wen and your like the fish anayway it no big problem, for standarts on fisg it kind of a big downer.

Also i think the fish dounst look verry symetrical , it coul be the angle taken of the picture, or the fish just maken i move to one side but it seems kind of out of ballans.

I hope you dont have to much problems whit me English whrichting (maybe i should go back to scool some day and learn to typ it wel) But anyway if you like the fish thats whats most impotrant, those wehre my thoughts on your Calcio Ranchu.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29-Mar-24 1:34 pm
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us