Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A Welcome Note to New Members

Members are reminded to use our SEARCH Engine to look for our archives of discussions. Please understand that most members do not enjoy answering the same questions over and over again. If your search is futile and you are not sure if similar questions have been asked before, please post in this section first. Our hardworking moderators will vet through your topic and will shift to the rightful section if it is something new and interesting.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi, hi!
ahmedhusseinak
post Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:32 am
Post #1

Group Icon

Member No.: 5,442
Group: Member
Topics Started: 2
Last seen online:
Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:00 am
User's local time:
Mon, 18 Dec 2017 5:27 am
Green Water: No

Hi all!

I have a 48 inch by 18 inch by 18 inch tank and thats about 67 US gallons.

i want to keep 5 ranchus in it.

I have a eheim 2217 which cycles 264 gallons per hour.
I am going to buy eheim pro 3 2080 which will cycle my tank 450 gallons per hour. In total, it will be 714 gallons per hour. So my tanks gets filtered a lil more than 10 times every hour.

I am using 1 packet of Eheim MECH bio rings (small ones) put in a socks-like thingy right at the bottom of the Eheim 2217 filter. I then use the Blue foam-like thingy which comes with the filter to cover the Eheim MECH bio-rings (small ones). on top of the blue foam pad, i put cheap large bio-rings tied in the socks-like thingy. i cover that with the white filter pad which comes with the filter and close the filter. =)

i also have a reagent air pump with two air outputs. i have attached each of them to an airstone and have dropped both into the tank.

now, i am going to go to Qian hu fish farm to buy the API master test kit (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH, KH & GH).

after which, i would need to get a 100% pure ammonia to Cycle my tank.

i am going to use Sodium bicarbonate to buffer my tank.

buying Hikari sinking pellets and pro Gold (sinking type) as food.

I hope i am doing this right! please advice! =)...

This post has been edited by ahmedhusseinak: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:34 am
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
UnSun
post Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:24 pm
Post #2

Ordinary
Group Icon

User Gallery
Member No.: 5,416
Topics Started: 1
Last seen online:
Wed, 19 Jun 2013 6:44 pm
User's local time:
Green Water: Yes

QUOTE(ahmedhusseinak @ Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:32 am) *

Hi all!

I have a 48 inch by 18 inch by 18 inch tank and thats about 67 US gallons.

i want to keep 5 ranchus in it.

I have a eheim 2217 which cycles 264 gallons per hour.
I am going to buy eheim pro 3 2080 which will cycle my tank 450 gallons per hour. In total, it will be 714 gallons per hour. So my tanks gets filtered a lil more than 10 times every hour.

I am using 1 packet of Eheim MECH bio rings (small ones) put in a socks-like thingy right at the bottom of the Eheim 2217 filter. I then use the Blue foam-like thingy which comes with the filter to cover the Eheim MECH bio-rings (small ones). on top of the blue foam pad, i put cheap large bio-rings tied in the socks-like thingy. i cover that with the white filter pad which comes with the filter and close the filter. =)

i also have a reagent air pump with two air outputs. i have attached each of them to an airstone and have dropped both into the tank.

now, i am going to go to Qian hu fish farm to buy the API master test kit (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH, KH & GH).

after which, i would need to get a 100% pure ammonia to Cycle my tank.

i am going to use Sodium bicarbonate to buffer my tank.

buying Hikari sinking pellets and pro Gold (sinking type) as food.

I hope i am doing this right! please advice! =)...

Hi, I assume you are planning to do a fishless cycle. In my opinion, you have plenty of filtration (at 10x/hr). Stock level (5 adult fish) at under 10gal per fish is good. So water change later on will be at least 50% per week to keep the Nitrate below 30ppm. I think you are on the right track. yes.gif
+Quote Post
ahmedhusseinak
post Sat, 19 Jun 2010 9:58 am
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 5,442
Topics Started: 2
Last seen online:
Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:00 am
User's local time:
Green Water: No

QUOTE(UnSun @ Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:24 pm) *

Hi, I assume you are planning to do a fishless cycle. In my opinion, you have plenty of filtration (at 10x/hr). Stock level (5 adult fish) at under 10gal per fish is good. So water change later on will be at least 50% per week to keep the Nitrate below 30ppm. I think you are on the right track. yes.gif

=)..thanks unsun!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18-Dec-17 5:27 am
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us