Group: Member
Topics Started: 1
Last seen online:
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 11:33 pm
User's local time:
Tue, 24 Oct 2017 2:59 pm
Green Water: Yes

Hello

I have two fiber tubs that hosting my 20 ranchu and orandas, tubs positioned on top of my house. This is covered by direct sunlight all day long. Tubs was setup like 1 months ago, I was wondering if sunlight is too much for my fishes?

water in the tub is so green i cant even see my fishes , I have read about cultivating greenwater in this forum, tubs water gone green after 3-4 days after tub setup. Did not do much, dunno if this is the precise technique that we called greenwater. every 2-3 days Im doing water change in the morning around 30% then water became clearer at least the fishes are visible but later on in the afternoon became so green that make fishes not visible. Is this normal?

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
tony86
post Tue, 30 Aug 2011 2:32 pm
Post #2

Ordinary
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,136
Group: Member
Topics Started: 2
Last seen online:
Sun, 25 Sep 2011 4:37 am
User's local time:
Tue, 24 Oct 2017 1:59 am
Green Water: No

hmm.gif

Okay, no, I am not going to continue to try the "Green Water " Method....My babies keept getting oxygen burn only after 2 days. Second, when I brought them back in, it affected my pearlscale which wasn't even outside....stress or bacteria related (both) I now have my tanks indoors and back to my indoor routine...right after a couple of weeks ( months) of running salt and daily 25 percent water changes to kill off any negative bacteria...Honestly, I wish I had never attempted the "green water" method.. To much bacteria that can harm your priceless babies (even if you do daily water changes)...truely not worth the risk...... Now I play doctor & pray.. prayer.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24-Oct-17 1:59 pm
Logo
RSS

Site Map
RafflesGold - Web Space for Goldfish Lovers
Copyrighted © 2003-2006 RafflesGold.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
RafflesGold.com is a non-profit independent hobbyist supported forum based in Singapore
Donate to keep us operational
Link to Us
Contact Us