Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happybuddha's Baby Ranchus
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
HappyBuddha
This is a continuation of the HappyBuddha's Ranchu Fries thread -- the fries are babies now.

Hatched 3 months ago on March 27, 2004, this is my baby ranchus now:-
IPB Image

This is my favorite piece.

I keep it and its mates in a guppy tub with clear water. Today for the 1st time I noticed it has pom poms. hair.gif I wonder why, however, despite being 3 months old, it hasn't completely lose its baby black coluoring.

IPB Image

IPB Image

It's a happy ranchu. Constantly swimming about exploring the tub, poking its nose on the sponge filter seeminly calling the BB to come out and play. biggrin.gif

I hope this can inspire some of you to try breeding your own. It's fun... and I *think* I know what geert meant when he said you have to monitor how much you feed your fries....
HappyBuddha
I'll post the rest tomorrow...
Seacucumber
wow...hehehe...nice..
hmm....maybe its a TBJ....

allan's male fish got black genes right??
mountain
the face already red liao .. how to TBJ?? rusure.gif
CyberET
lionhead! biggrin.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(g-string @ Mon 28 Jun 2004 05:23 PM)
wow...hehehe...nice..
hmm....maybe its a TBJ....

allan's male fish got black genes right??

Ah yes, one of the female is a TBJ.

But I don't think that piece is turning into a TBJ. The "black" just isn't black enough. Here's a real TBJ baby from the same spawn.

IPB Image

Not pretty hor... until you realized it's probably a 11-black. shiok.gif
HappyBuddha
Still on the subject of Baby Black colouring....

IPB Image

Here's the 3rd piece of baby ranchu I have and it's also still in, without any doubt, the baby black colour. It has pom poms too... and has a smooth curved back.
HappyBuddha
The final piece.

IPB Image

This is the smallest among the four I'm keeping. It doesn't have pom poms. Flush! mad2.gif
HappyBuddha
IPB Image

Last month.

IPB Image

This morning.

bag.gif
HappyBuddha
IPB Image

See buddha must bai bai.

bag.gif

Why got black ranchu??? mad.gif
HappyBuddha
IPB Image

Who's the red/white?

A sibling?

No.

That's DADDY!

ohmy.gif
mountain
yur black will turn red .. wanna bet?? biggrin.gif
nobnoba
When will the black turn red? anyone know? because i also have a black baby ranchu and its already 3-4 months, all its siblings have turned red/white.
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(mountain @ Fri 30 Jul 2004 09:48 pm)
yur black will turn red .. wanna bet?? biggrin.gif

Kekeke. Part of the fun of keeping goldfish is to watch them change. I was waiting for this little fella to change from its baby black to red, or at most red/black since the mom is a Tie Bao Jing. Much to my surprise he's now all black (well.... with half faded black bottom so typical of low quality black ranchu.). In my black background tank where it lives... it looks seriously black. tongue.gif

We'll see if it will turn all red, or maybe red/black, or red/white.

Fun eh?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.