Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Effect Of Gw On Fish - Big & Small
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
white horse T1
Based on my short stint experience with green water since late May till now and rotated 2 fishes after 1 month.

i noted that :

For fishes more than 4 inches and above: (incl of tail; > 1 yr)
The improvement on the fish is slow. The head & cheek growth is not as fast as those younger one. Colour wise, the enhancement is not as significance compared to the younger ones.

For fish < 3 inches and below (< 1 yr) :
Overall improvement seem faster and colouration is also better after the green water spa treatment.

One exception case on one 4 inch fish. It turn Black on the fin, mouth & tail. Obviously stressed after 3 days. green water is at alert and actual measurement is at 0.5-1 ppm. this is the only odd ball out.

unfortunately i did not have the before and after pictures to substantiate and the duration of soaking in green water is not as long as i ve wanted to see the rate of improvement on the fishes in relation to size.

i could be wrong in my obsrevation when i spilt the spa treatment by size to my ranchu but has everyone noticed the difference to yours in green water?
mountain
another significant issue to take note of for green water is the volumn.

the volumn thing is applicable to both green water and bw .. and does have an impact of the growth .. which would fall into your category of fish < 3 inches and below (< 1 yr) ......wat i meant is .. you can have green water .. but if just a small 2 ft tub .. you fish might not grow much except improve on color becaz of green algea as food .. at least thats wat i gathered biggrin.gif
white horse T1
QUOTE(mountain @ Mon 19 Jul 2004 04:02 pm)
another significant issue to take note of for green water is the volumn.

the volumn thing is applicable to both green water and bw .. and does have an impact of the growth .. which would fall into your category of fish < 3 inches and below (< 1 yr) ......wat i meant is .. you can have green water .. but if just a small 2 ft tub .. you fish might not grow much except improve on color becaz of green algea as food .. at least thats wat i gathered biggrin.gif

yes i forgotten abt the volume to fish ratio part.
to have a more accurate comparison, should use a standard volume to fish ratio and kick off the experiment at the same time.

also don know if "sunlight assisted" green water tub (75litre tub) has anything to do with the effect; i.e more algae generation. for mine, one enjoyed some morning sun while the other is purely PL lightings.

for all it is worth, it may be my imagination. i ve decided to put one > 3 inch ranchu in one tub now to see if there is any changes.

in addition, i also did not see any changes to 1 < 4 inches black ranchu. it remain as black as ever and no change to head growth.
mountain
huh .. imagination?? .. kekeke .. brother .. you fish is growing man!! should be proud!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.