Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Measuring Ranchu
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
top_view_ranchu
Hi Bros,
I'll like to know the ways Bros measure the lenght of their Goldfish.
Mine seems not to cooperate to well.
By the time they do, my heart skip a beat ohmy.gif .

Regards.
mountain
get a smaller container to hold them and then use a ruler .. i scotch-taped my ruler to the container .. this way, when i take my update photos, the measurements are also captured..

other then that.. if its normal measurement, u can feed the fish a bit to slow him down .. then quickly take the measurement.
The Matrix
u can get a glass or plastic tank. stick a plastic ruler on the outside. Put in the fish and you can lightly catch the fish and press against the wall. fill the tank with water from the tub or tank. make a fast estimated measurement.
HappyBuddha
Just scotch tape a ruler on your existing glass tank. Then gently hold the fish against the glass to read its length.

Flipping the fish upside-down helps calm/confuse the buggar and it stays very still. tongue.gif

IPB Image
The Matrix
HB, I think this topic can become a FAQ leh ... u put in the pictorial illustration.
mountain
wat?? nobody notice i am doing that for when i measure my pearlscales?? cry.gif

hehe.. i think its quite helpful to put it up as a FAQ. maybe u can look for those Bigger rullers .. but transparent type .. usually its half transparent and half white colored. the tricky portion is still a need to hold the fish close to the ruler.
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(mountain @ Sat 31 Jul 2004 02:09 pm)
wat?? nobody notice i am doing that for when i measure my pearlscales?? cry.gif

hehe.. i think its quite helpful to put it up as a FAQ. maybe u can look for those Bigger rullers .. but transparent type .. usually its half transparent and half white colored. the tricky portion is still a need to hold the fish close to the ruler.

Aiya, I might have started post in wrong topic liao blush.gif
Don't cry leh, I started this topic after seeing your pearlscales pics with the ruler in the background.
Just wondering what else could be done then only that?
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(top_view_ranchu @ Sat 31 Jul 2004 02:29 pm)
Aiya, I might have started post in wrong topic liao blush.gif
Don't cry leh, I started this topic after seeing your pearlscales pics with the ruler in the background.
Just wondering what else could be done then only that?

I do not have a tank at home? blush.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(top_view_ranchu @ Sun 01 Aug 2004 08:48 pm)

A plastic tank only cost S$6, ..... cheaper than a pack of Hikari lionhead.
Seacucumber
QUOTE(top_view_ranchu @ Sun 01 Aug 2004 08:48 pm)

i can give you one if you ask..... rolleyes.gif
domho7
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Sat 31 Jul 2004 12:29 pm)
Just scotch tape a ruler on your existing glass tank.  Then gently hold the fish against the glass to read its length.

Flipping the fish upside-down helps calm/confuse the buggar and it stays very still.  tongue.gif

tks HB for the tip, last time used to take out my lanchu and put on chopping board than use measuring tape to measure.

Heng my lanchus still growing ah.
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(g-string @ Mon 02 Aug 2004 05:39 pm)
i can give you one if you ask.....  rolleyes.gif

Self collect or delivered?
Seacucumber
QUOTE(top_view_ranchu @ Tue 03 Aug 2004 12:08 am)
Self collect or delivered?

bag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.