Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking For Solid Sv Ranchus... Which Lfs Have....
RafflesGold Forums > Buy / Sell > RafflesGold Hotspots!
Pages: 1, 2, 3
nobnoba
Walauweee...
like reading a seminar article or newspaper.... so long and detailed. Thumbs up!

Would like to share my thoughts as well.
we all started from newbie and learn to upgrade, true or not? now ask yourself, how many of you START with an expensive and beautiful goldfish? if you do, raise your hand. I bet not many of you. Neither did i.

right now, i still have the first goldfish that i bought, if i look at her i think to myself "damn ugly!". Had it not been my very first goldfish, i would have put her to sleep. seriously...! its like a disgrace compared to the other japanese ranchus that i bought.

My point is... many of you argued that lots of good and expensive/not expensive fish end up in the hands of newbie. this argument is utterly baseless. Usually newbies start with bad ugly fish. why? because they kena CHEATED by LFS lah! Even if we refer a newbie to an LFS that carry an excellent fish, the owner of LFS will try to sale the ugly fish first to the newbie.

Final thought.
just want to share my experience. At first i bought ugly goldfish, then slowly move on to good ones and finally keep japanese ranchus, after i am convinced that i have matured in my knowledge of fishkeeping (i dont claim to be expert!...yet) Now, if i go to local LFS, usually i am not excited. why? most of the fish are ugly. Now i just go to 1-2 LFS that i know for sure their goldfish is above average. Even then, sometimes i dont find good fish. so ... yes... beauty is in the eye of beholder.
desireless
QUOTE(leogon @ Thu, 02 Sep 2004 11:13 pm)
Not a crime to help direct interested parties to where some good fish are.
One can't possibly buy up every good fish there is, so try being a bit less selfish and tell others where they can go without having to waste their precious time.It really doesn't take much effort to recognise what a good ranchu should look like and the more difficult part is to maintain/improve/groom good fish. Unfortunately, good fish are not cheap but don't be disheartened when you miss out on buying some - there will ALWAYS be other nice ones down the road...just be patient!

It is very unfair to hurl the word "selfish" here. I thought we have tried explaining why we're so "restrained" on passing such info? mad.gif

Not that we're afraid to bring in more "rivals" in fish purchase. I supposed my "5-yr-old g/f owner" example is one illustration good enough?
leogon
It is the job of moderators/administrators to be fair ie directing newbies to a long list of LFS when they ask for advice re where to go to get good fish.
It is however not a practical answer.
It is like when you ask someone what they would like to eat when at a hawker centre and they say 'anything will do' - might as well not have asked in the first instance!
Therefore I certainly feel that there is value in helping the newbie by narrowing the choices so that they can at least be more focused. After all, not all the LFSs listed will have good fish at the same time and when a fellow forumer notices some good fish at certain LFSs at THIS point in time, it really makes sense for him to let others know about it.
The world of the tropical fish hobbyist is really a 'selfish' one most of the time - from breeders to brokers to the hobbyist - everyone seems to have something to hide.
Usually those who 'talk' a lot are those who really don't know very much...
But this is only my opinion ( formed after a few decades feeling frustrated !)
And likely to stir a hornets nest!
The Matrix
QUOTE(leogon @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 08:53 am)
It is the job of moderators/administrators to be fair ie directing newbies to a long list of LFS when they ask for advice re where to go to get good fish.

Guys, xxx got new ranchu, yyy got new pearl ... quick quick go see.

How does a moderators/administrators know where got good fish ? The lfs called them up telling them to post something ? No way ! IS IT fair to say that if HB do not know where to direct newbies is not doing his job ? Quite hurting isn't it.

It is like when you ask someone what they would like to eat when at a hawker centre and they say 'anything will do' - might as well not have asked in the first instance!

They have no preferences or not in a hurry to decide. As such, buy anything ! Unless u rephrase the question and ask again, would you like fishball noodle or chicken rice ? What would be the outcome ?

Therefore I certainly feel that there is value in helping the newbie by narrowing the choices so that they can at least be more focused. After all, not all the LFSs listed will have good fish at the same time and when a fellow forumer notices some good fish at certain LFSs at THIS point in time, it really makes sense for him to let others know about it.

HB very free, everyday call up all the lfs to ask them got fish or not. A lot of time it depends on the users here to pass on information. However, what would have happen between seeing the fishes at lfs to the "SEND" key after typing the message ? Furthermore, with vast different level of appreciation among the people here, it will be even tougher to understand what the poster's saw.

In fact, on many occasions, someone mentioned good fish at xxx .... sure to have someone else don't take lunch also rush all the way to see and end up seeing junks.

The world of the tropical fish hobbyist is really a 'selfish' one most of the time - from breeders to brokers to the hobbyist - everyone seems to have something to hide.

hahahahaha ... of COURSE !

Usually those who 'talk' a lot are those who really don't know very much...
But this is only my opinion ( formed after a few decades feeling frustrated !)
And likely to stir a hornets nest!

who har, who har ?
CP
Knowing which shop carries quality fish is one thing,having the priority the select from new shipment is a totally different ball game.
Some hobbyists offer to transport the shipment from airport to the shop for free just to have the privelage to be the first ones to select.
You have to accept the fact that owners of LFS will reserve the best fish for their core customers.
And in these instances many customers just confirm the purchase over the phone without even looking at the fishes.Of course the confidence and trust the customers have with the owners is not overnight and the owners deserve their due credit.
So the key word to obtaining good fish - LOBANG!
square_guy

dude, HB has already listed down a list of LFS. If you want to find good fish, go to every shops in the list every week continuously. simple as that.

no one will ever know when a shop has good fishes. and even if the shop has 1 or 2 nice ones, would the newbie be able to pick it up without assistance? if the "newbie" knows how to pick a really good fish, would it still be around if someone with comparable knowledge was there earlier (and shared to us that the shop has good fishes) ?

dun be so greedy, HB has already done what he can do. hmm.gif
HappyBuddha
I'm now so confused. cry.gif
leogon
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:24 am)
How does a moderators/administrators know where got good fish ? The lfs called them up telling them to post something ? No way ! IS IT fair to say that if HB do not know where to direct newbies is not doing his job ? Quite hurting isn't it.

If you bothered to read my reply properly, what I said was that it is fair for moderators/admin to list many LFSs. This will avoid ulterior motives or personal gain.
Individual contributors,however, would do a great service if they can tell others where there are good fish at the moment.
Nobody ever insinuated that HB wasn't doing his job.
mountain
I'm now so confused.

hug.gif sayang sayang .. i know u 2 weeks no have eat fresh eggs liao .. i still have a couple of Size A fresh eggs .. pass u some .. sayang ..
leogon
They have no preferences or not in a hurry to decide. As such, buy anything ! Unless u rephrase the question and ask again, would you like fishball noodle or chicken rice ? What would be the outcome.

What our friend asked for was to see 'solid' SV .... certainly he knows what he wants, so shouldn't someone help him by being more specific as to where he can go? If he had asked to see any goldfish, then a long list of LFS would have be the appropriate answer.

HB very free, everyday call up all the lfs to ask them got fish or not. A lot of time it depends on the users here to pass on information.

That is what I just did!!

who har, who har ?

Nothing personal...

peace.gif
square_guy
QUOTE(leogon @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:09 am)
If you bothered to read my reply properly, what I said was that it is fair for moderators/admin to list many LFSs. This will avoid ulterior motives or personal gain.
Individual contributors,however, would do a great service if they can tell others where there are good fish at the moment.

i would have reservation directing ppl to lfs with so-called good fish. because if it is good i would have bought it (if within budget). if it is not to my "good", i also paiseh to ask ppl go and buy! and usually there is only 1 or 2 good fish in a shipment. then how? ask ppl go see lousy fish after i bougth the good fish meh? tongue.gif

and if anyone say there is good fish, i also dun bother to go down. coz the good ones shd have been gone. and if the one who recomend isn't someone i trust, i also dun bother. and if it is someone i trust, probably he would have recomend to other friends too, and the fish would be gone too! wahh.... always lose one laugh.gif

and out of the whole shipment, how can a newbie possibly pick out the 1 or 2 good ones???? unless he is not a newbie and he wouldn't need our recommendation (coz he already know where to go to, which are mostly the shops in the list!)

bottomline is just to go to all the shops everyweek until you got the fish you want. this is DIY.
square_guy
QUOTE(leogon @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:15 am)
That is what I just did!!

do you seriously trust what lfs owners tell you?
HappyBuddha
Ouch ouch...

Can I ask everyone to pause and re-read this topic from the begining to reconstruct the chain of replies paying particular attention to the points each posters were having? Some of you might have missed them and straying way off track. ohmy.gif
square_guy
QUOTE(leogon @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:13 am)
What our friend asked for was to see 'solid' SV .... certainly he knows what he wants, so shouldn't someone help him by being more specific as to where he can go? If he had asked to see any goldfish, then a long list of LFS would have be the appropriate answer.

well, CyberET has already recommend some shops. BUT this is only after looking at what he currently has, and indirectly know what he is looking out for. this is important you know....
The Matrix
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:06 am)
I'm now so confused.  cry.gif

whistle.gif

Just woke up har? hahahahaha
The Matrix
QUOTE(leogon @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:13 am)

If got good fish swimming in those lfs, where got chance to stay there for long one. Maybe got a few lah, those nice with damn outrageous price tag.

Anyway, move back to what Chinmo asking for ... 35A got pretty okay one. AMK Hup Seng also got. QianHu got some can do one. If still not good enough, then go call HOR for appointment to view at their farm liao.

Solid SV ? Get ready to pay for it.
The Matrix
Just got a call, the shop behind 35A also got some ranchu ... can do one lah.

Anyway, this message only valid for the next 10-15 mins. Some potential buyers are there now. Me ? Too far to rush there.
Chinmo
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:17 am)
If got good fish swimming in those lfs, where got chance to stay there for long one. Maybe got a few lah, those nice with damn outrageous price tag.

Anyway, move back to what Chinmo asking for ... 35A got pretty okay one. AMK Hup Seng also got. QianHu got some can do one. If still not good enough, then go call HOR for appointment to view at their farm liao.

Solid SV ? Get ready to pay for it.

Bro, HOR need appointment then can view the goldfish ar? do they have open hse day or not? unsure.gif

Adoi! todae cannt make it to 35a liao, my OC's birthday todae!, have to keep her company! cry.gif
Chinmo
beg2.gif cool down guys beg2.gif so sorry i started a war in this thread! peace.gif tongue.gif
CP
QUOTE(Chinmo @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 01:24 pm)
Bro, HOR need appointment then can view the goldfish ar? do they have open hse day or not?  unsure.gif

No need appointment la,just go.But their SVs are currently in ponds,not tanks.A bit hard to select.Maybe later in tanks.
Recently no shipment,but heard that will be pretty soon.
The Matrix
QUOTE(Chinmo @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 01:27 pm)
beg2.gif cool down guys beg2.gif  so sorry i started a war in this thread!  peace.gif  tongue.gif

War ? where where ? no lah, heavy exchanging of opinions only mah. At least no red card shown ...

cannot go see har, then bo bian lor. if u free free, drop by Blue Aquarium. Got a large chinese red white ranchu there leh. should be around the range of 800-900. this shop brought in few times of good quality TungHoi fish (not ranchu alone hor).

Heard that some big buyers also shop there. Just talk to the boss and get him to contact u if got any Tunghoi shipment lor.

Anyway, had lunch near C328, got 2 tanks of ranchu mix with discus there also. ok ok type lah.
pykoh
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 02:41 pm)
cannot go see har, then bo bian lor. if u free free, drop by Blue Aquarium. Got a large chinese red white ranchu there leh. should be around the range of 800-900. this shop brought in few times of good quality TungHoi fish (not ranchu alone hor).

Bro,

Can post address of Blue Aquarium??? I interested to go down take a look.

Thanks and Best Regards
P Y Koh
The Matrix
209 East Coast Road S428908
desireless
Sq made a good point! good_very.gif

Mai gong I selfish. Mai gong bo jio... RAINBOW. There's a tank that has $500 per fish. Also got the $900 per fish tank. A few "SOLID" ones. And it is written "JAPANESE SIDE VIEW RANCHU" on the tank. good_very.gif Ho ah! Don't worry about people rushing there to buy. They have been there for months and no one is getting any.

"厚~ATOS... 架冷你Y讲得出来"
Since when it's becoming a moderator's/administrator's job to call up LFS and ask if they have got new GOOD/SOLID fish? And then post here to update on NEWBIES? And then kill the fish indirectly? Which 夭壽骨 say moderators need to do all those other than maintaining a forum?? mad.gif You pay me 3K/mth to do such thing I would still need to consider ah! Your fish water I need to change for you or not?! Moderators need to go down newbie's house to demo how to maintain good water or not?
CP
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 02:58 pm)

Blue Aquarium.

Can be added into list of LFS that carries quality goldfish.They seldom advertise.
Got two big ryukins from them in jan 04,price reasonable.
leogon
QUOTE(desireless @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 03:44 pm)
Since when it's becoming a moderator's/administrator's job to call up LFS and ask if they have got new GOOD/SOLID fish? And then post here to update on NEWBIES? And then kill the fish indirectly? Which 夭壽骨 say moderators need to do all those other than maintaining a forum??  mad.gif  You pay me 3K/mth to do such thing I would still need to consider ah!  Your fish water I need to change for you or not?! Moderators need to go down newbie's house to demo how to maintain good water or not?

PLEASE READ WHAT I WRITE CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU START GETTING ALL WORKED UP - MODERATORS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IMPARTIAL AND GUIDE THE FORUM ALONG IN A PEACEFUL MANNER AND NOT GO OFF TANGENT AND TOTALLY MISS THE POINT!
pykoh
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 02:58 pm)

Thanks for your reply. Will drop by there when I'm free. good_very.gif
The Matrix
si mi tai ji .... what happen oui ...

New thai ranchu at Blue Aquarium. 1 bag just release. Dunno how many fish. Got some chinese short tail dragon eyes also.

Want more updated news ?

Anyway, this news will be outdated in 5 mins if the buyers start bagging the SOLID one ...
The Matrix
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 04:38 pm)
Blue Aquarium.

Can be added into list of LFS that carries quality goldfish.They seldom advertise.
Got two big ryukins from them in jan 04,price reasonable.

WOW !!! U got the TungHoi fish ! I wanted to buy but too big for my small tank.
The Matrix
Pang Kang liao !!! Shopping time ... central south area got around 14 shops big or small. South West side over 20 shops ... let see how fast I move around then go for a movie at Jur Pt. kekekeke .... must go 麥当劳 eat some junk food.

1 landing within 48 hours. Be sure to search for something new on monday hor. maybe jap, maybe thai, maybe chinese ...

Enjoy your weekend ... see you guys (***) tomorrow ... peace.gif
Seacucumber
lalalalalalala biggrin.gif
desireless
QUOTE(leogon @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 04:45 pm)
PLEASE READ WHAT I WRITE CAREFULLY  BEFORE YOU START GETTING ALL WORKED UP - MODERATORS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IMPARTIAL AND GUIDE THE FORUM ALONG IN A PEACEFUL MANNER AND NOT GO OFF TANGENT AND TOTALLY MISS THE POINT!

Hey, who's getting worked up here? Why the CAPITAL LETTERS? hmm.gif
I did not misread your post. And I am not the only one here who understood your post that way. OK?

I think you owe the many bros and admin staff here for using the word "selfish" in that post of yours. And you totally missed our reasoning on why we do not share such info openly. Our belief of "It is a sin to be wasting good fishes in the hands of inexperienced hobbyists" stands strong. Sorry but you can either try your best to understand it or, bear with it.

And I would like to say this for the many-th time:
The list of LFS as given by the founder, is COMPLETE enough. WHERE ELSE can you find good fishes most of the time and at reasonable price?
leogon
QUOTE(desireless @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:02 pm)
Hey, who's getting worked up here? Why the CAPITAL LETTERS?  hmm.gif
I did not misread your post. And I am not the only one here who understood your post that way. OK?

I think you owe the many bros and admin staff here for using the word "selfish" in that post of yours. And you totally missed our reasoning on why we do not share such info openly. Our belief of "It is a sin to be wasting good fishes in the hands of inexperienced hobbyists" stands strong. Sorry but you can either try your best to understand it or, bear with it.

And I would like to say this for the many-th time:
The list of LFS as given by the founder, is COMPLETE enough. WHERE ELSE can you find good fishes most of the time and at reasonable price?

I am now not sure whether we are all talking about the same topic...but everyone is entitled to their own views and I stick by mine. All that I have said must be taken in the right context and no personal malice was intended at all.
desireless
QUOTE(leogon @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:30 pm)
I am now not sure whether we are all talking about the same topic

If you continue to drill from the sharp point of an ox's horn, it will certainly wheel off course. (转牛角尖) sad.gif(

...but everyone is entitled to their own views and I stick by mine.

Thanks for sharing yours. You'll have to respect ours too.

All that I have said must be taken in the right context and no personal malice was intended at all.

... try being a bit less selfish and tell others where they can go without having to waste their precious time.

The word "selfish" which you have hurled at the numberous bros here is hurtful enough. And I take it very personally (for that, I do not represent the rest of the bros here). It's what I personally feel.

You can share your views but throwing hurtful words is a no-no. hmm.gif

---

Well, enough said. I will not reply to anymore on this little off-topic issue. Do not want to be guilty of another "THREAD CLOSED" incident.

Far as I can see, this topic has already been dealt with. The LFS in the list posted by HB plus a few more raised by bro Matrix and a few other bros will give enough sources for hobbyists to explore through the weekend. yes.gif
cktan
Hoot ah shiok.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(cktan @ Sat, 04 Sep 2004 09:16 am)
Hoot ah  shiok.gif

hoot where ???

bash.gif

fish came in liao ....
white horse T1
wah liao, so quarrelsome again. i read this on the sideline and again this is the issue on faceless arguement over words and perceived intention.

there is no harm for newbie to ask where to buy good fishes, there is also no "moral obligation" for anyone to answer to the question and direct newbie there. bec the meaning of good fishes are very subjective to different pplp. Some oldies may hold the belief that good fishes may be ruin in the hands of inexperience newbie. sayang the good fishes, but then i am not sure it is ok to sayang the "not so good" fishes but there are no stopping for those with deep pockets to still lay hands on good fishes and wasted them away. Again there are no harm in holding yr principle torch for yr belief.

This is a pubic forum which i believe started with the good intention to share knowledge.

QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Thu, 02 Sep 2004 09:50 pm)
Like I said, I'd gladly tell anyone where to get a good burger if they asked.  Such a tip can be freely shared but... no tip on good ranchus.

This is a fair statement and HB belief, no need to feel sad. i respect his view.

QUOTE(YLD @ Thu, 02 Sep 2004 10:03 pm)
When can a newbie upgrade his status?
When can someone access to tips on good ranchu?

i think this lies with yr willingness to learn and look at others intepretation on good fish. Go to "academy" and look . ask those who are looking at ranchu in LHS for a long time. They may also be blurr sotong but u have to just hear and compare with the mental image and characteristics of a good rancu etch in yr mind

i used to ask for tips and access for good ranchu. nowadays i don bother. sometime in the weirdest corner of Spore, there may be a gem be found in some ulu LHS and u just have to be the craftman that can see that the stone could be a diamond. the satisfaction is better than buying the best looking ranchu money can
buy.

QUOTE(leogon @ Thu, 02 Sep 2004 11:13 pm)
Not a crime to help direct interested parties to where some good fish are.
One can't possibly buy up every good fish there is, so try being a bit less selfish

Bro leogon, u mean well. some bro may take offence with the word "selfish". but i don't. i stress that not directing to good lobang does not means "selfish". some bro just want to know the interested parties abit more before giving specific good lobang on good ranchu. i don mind sharing with pplp openly, bec even if i did, someone may still pick the lousiest of the lot there at the same high price. we have all seen many examples here alr. having said this,
in this commercial world, no one will have exclusive info, as long as there is demand , supply will come. pure economics.

QUOTE(desireless @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:02 pm)
Our belief of "It is a sin to be wasting good fishes in the hands of inexperienced hobbyists" stands strong.

i feel guilty bec a couple of really good fishes did die in my inexperienced hands.
but i learn the most thru my own mistakes.
rearing fish is a hobby, i am like what bro matrix said is the type that want to sit back and enjoy the relaxation of fishes swimming in tank in the evening type. but also want to give the fish good environment and room for growth.

desireless, u also mean well. i respected yr view and belief.

at the end of the day, lets talk fish; keep thread objective and read all threads lesiurely. no rewards/prize for winning.
YLD
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:55 am)
Knowing which shop carries quality fish is one thing,having the priority the select from new shipment is a totally different ball game.
Some hobbyists offer to transport the shipment from airport to the shop for free just to have the privelage to be the first ones to select.
You have to accept the fact that owners of LFS will reserve the best fish for their core customers.
And in these instances many  customers just confirm the purchase over the phone without even looking at the fishes.Of course the confidence and trust the customers have with the owners is not overnight and the owners deserve their due credit.
So the key word to obtaining good fish - LOBANG!

Bro u sum it all !!!

It is sad. It is human nature. It is about business. It is unfair but what to do. If you cant be one of them then u must find your own lobang.
CP
QUOTE(white horse T1 @ Sat, 04 Sep 2004 11:05 am)

i used to ask for tips and access for good ranchu. nowadays i don bother.  sometime in the weirdest corner of Spore, there may be a gem be found in some ulu LHS and u just have to be the craftman that can see that the stone could be a diamond.  the satisfaction is better than buying the best looking ranchu money can [/color]buy.

AGREE!!!
YLD
i think this lies with yr willingness to learn and look at others intepretation on good fish. Go to "academy" and look . ask those who are looking at ranchu in LHS for a long time. They may also be blurr sotong but u have to just hear and compare with the mental image and characteristics of a good rancu etch in yr mind

i used to ask for tips and access for good ranchu. nowadays i don bother. sometime in the weirdest corner of Spore, there may be a gem be found in some ulu LHS and u just have to be the craftman that can see that the stone could be a diamond. the satisfaction is better than buying the best looking ranchu money can
buy.

First of all thank for replying.

With due respect, i dun believe one can turn stone into diamond, likewise for fish no one can really turn ugly(subjective) ranchu into a nice one. But i do strongly believe and still learning the skill of turning a not so good fish to a better one and also bring out the true potential of a good fish.
IMHO, a good ranchu need not be all that nice, but at least it must show potential (again can be subjective). when this fish improve or show its potential, the satisfaction is beyond words can express.

i totally agree on the part of learning and intepretation of good fish that is why i visit this forum often.

Generally i dun believe in finding a needle in the open sea but do recognise the thrill of finding a good fish at some ulu LFS.
YLD
QUOTE(desireless @ Fri, 03 Sep 2004 07:13 am)
It is very unfair to hurl the word "selfish" here. I thought we have tried explaining why we're so "restrained" on passing such info?  mad.gif

Not that we're afraid to bring in more "rivals" in fish purchase. I supposed my "5-yr-old g/f owner" example is one illustration good enough?

Pardon me for asking. What is fair? Does fairness come with an objective/agenda? I really dun know.

Let me present a situation.

If somebody know that he/she would make money by buying a certain shares (stocks)but he/she has limited access to them. Would this person share this piece of info to his/her close ones or some strangers?
CyberET
I don't like the way things are developing, we need some time to cool things off, thread locked for the day, what are you doing at home? its the weekends!! biggrin.gif
HappyBuddha
I've re-opened this topic on the condition that there will not be any more personal attacks directly or indirectly, and everyone to keep your personal issues aside.

This topic started with an innocent request for recommendation for a LFS with good "solid" ranchu. This is in fact one of the most frequently asked question in RG, but it seldom gets any response from senior members. I felt it was necessary and presented my points on why the respond would be lukewarm to the topic starter. Like I said, it's primarily because good goldfish is RARE and it's not to our best interest for such a fish to land in a newbies' hands.

To clarify, a showgrade or above average ranchu is RARE becoz it's defined the way experienced bros know it and NOT how your personal preference is -- A Miss Universe is a gorgeous gal as defined by a panel of expert judges, and NOT your weird preference or fetish for girls with single eye lid or with a pair of size 36G boobs. Therefore directing an innocent newbie to spend big bucks and pick from a tank full of goldfish of varying quality is not being helpful when a RARE goldfish hardly stays long enough in the display tank waiting for you to pick up.

You are probably thinking I'm too strict in my assessment of the topic starter's request. Wouldn't recommending a LFS with decent goldfish be good enough?

Well, read the request again. He asked for "solid" goldfish! If he really meant an average quality goldfish, the list of LFS that carry quality goldfish serves the purpose well enough already.

Cheers.
mrchoco
if anyone is looking for want a solid rock hard goldfish?
so far i know
Petmart has,
Blue Aquarium has,
Quite a few places have them too.
They have lionhead, tosakins and their ranchus are darmn nice. Put in tank will never die, colour never fade. But they tend to stay at the bottem of the tank....
Best part is when you are sick of seeing them in your tank, take them out and put on your table.

darmn swee one!!!
only $20 for a 5" ranchu. Showgrade!!!!!

People are kind enough to tell you where to find goldfish and you should be happy enough. Where to find top showgrade? IN other hobbyists' tanks!
Singapore you want to buy a show grade??? Wait long long..... so far my experience in Singapore.... show grade only name... Most LFS just "upgrade" their own and AA becomes show grade.
$40 fish you pay $4000..
show grade you want???
Thai fish sell as Jap fish you want??
Go bang your money aroundd palace then.

The list we have covers 90% the places we go to each time. 10% is by luck walk pass . "EH!!!! this ranchu needs to good home!!" then we buy them.

Fairness...
Hide behind the computer and wait for good lobang on fish shipment? Have yourself ever shared info on where to get good fish on the forum?

I know it is pretty frustrating when you want to buy good fish and you can't get while others seem to get them all the time.
So how??? Go out and hunt your own lah.... walk! visit LFS ard Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, HongKong, China.
We spent lots of precious time hunting ard and sum up all the trustworthy shops in Singapore... take it or leave it. Our moderator owes no one any responsibility to keep anyone informed about shipments and locations. These are done out of goodwill.

To be respected, first respect others
cktan
I think the list of FS selling good ranchus is quite good. There are indeed not many fish shop selling good nice ranchus. So i guess, thats one reason why they didnt put up a long list.

This is one of the most SIAO ON fish forum i joined so far. good.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(mrchoco @ Sun, 05 Sep 2004 10:58 am)
To be respected, first respect others

Yes Sir. peace.gif

heard palace got fish leh. Last night got small group gathering. chop chop chop ....

maybe today or tomorrow go to the subsidary chop shop to look see.

qianhu got quite a lot of calico pearlscale. kekekekeke i like.

oh ya, lor harus can go walk walk. but solid fish har .... bo liao lor.
YLD
so many tips ah.

i heard PR 35F would have a good shipment sometime this month. kekeke!!!

jus look out!
mrchoco
dye green hair and wear orange...
domho7
eh bros, a few days didnt come in wah liao eh, everyone relax ah.
good_very.gif
The Matrix
think this thread can become Field report or I heard of ..... kekekekeke

wah your news faster than me!!! 35F also got tunghoi link meh ? never hear them sell chinese fish before. hmmm .... ryukin shipment right ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.