Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Single Anal Fin?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
good mornin bros

Can any bros tell me if single anal tail is a defect in judging a goldfish whether
SV,TV or all Views.THxs beg2.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sat, 04 Sep 2004 09:29 am)
good mornin bros

Can any bros tell me if single anal tail is a defect in judging a goldfish whether
SV,TV or all Views.THxs beg2.gif

single anal fin is a minor defect.

tv - depends on countries of competition. to my understanding, if 2 fish scored identical points for the champion and nothing else can deduct points, single anal fin will loss out, but never disqualify.

sv - depends on countries of competition. some disqualify on entry, some only penalise on points.

no anal fin is a major defect.
CP
Not too sure for TVs as the anal fins cannot be seen.

For SVs,in my opinion single anal fin has to be penalised since 'unbalanced' fins in double anal fins are penalised.
It is not fair to subject the double anal fin fish to the 'unbalanced' scrutiny leaving the single anal to have the advantage in this aspect.
goldrush
Hi The Matrix

Thxs 4 the prompt reply.At least now I try not to cull off those potential goldfish with this minor defect wink.gif

regards
CP
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sat, 04 Sep 2004 09:59 am)
Hi The Matrix

.At least now I try not to cull off those potential goldfish with this minor defect wink.gif

regards

Pardon me,what do you mean by culling? ohmy.gif Selling away or sharing the fate as chickens during the bird flu?
goldrush
hi cpi20002

wat i meant by culling is to pickout something and put aside as inferior. smile.gif
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sat, 04 Sep 2004 11:10 am)
hi cpi20002

wat i meant by culling is to pickout something and put aside as inferior. smile.gif

Bro, you breeding goldfish already?
CP
Goldrush,
Browsing the old threads and you may wish to read..

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1035
goldrush
a hello to all bros who responded to my question

thxs for the information,and the referral to previous thread which I was not aware no I'm not breeding as yet but maybe in the future,you never know good_very.gif good_very.gif

cheers

goldrush
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.