Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Goldfish Field Report - Part 3
RafflesGold Forums > Buy / Sell > RafflesGold Hotspots!
Pages: 1, 2
HappyBuddha
Once upon a time in RG field report of goldfish sighting was popular.

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=223

For some strange reason they went missing for quite some time leow.

Seeing some of you are begining to file your field report again (in another topic), I've re-started the field report thingy.

Have fun.

Disclaimer: The reporter shall not liable for accuracy of his report since good fish comes and goes quickly. Don't yell at him when the fish you want is no longer available. Past experience showed you need to be at the reported LFS within hours of posting to score. biggrin.gif
supertop
Though I am still very new to goldfish but I think this is a very good topic that I will like to support.

8.30pm : 06 Sep 04 - Went to Serangoon North Ave 2 (Rainbow I think). The TVRs they have really cannot make it, even at low $28, I just zoom pass. Asking for a air pump spouge filter, dun have.... Lots of sales person walking here and there.

Other goldfishes in the tank look so unhealthy. The setup there is really good but the standards of fishes does not match the status.

The above are the are my third impression of this place, will like to go there if they improve. The more presentable fish shop near my place other than farms.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. tongue.gif

(Got my filter sponge at a small fish shop several corners away)
supertop
No supporters for this thread sad.gif Or maybe everyone very busy.

Anyway, tried to visit Tiong Bharu market during lunch and .....

GONE

The whole single storey market vanish. Was disappointed, moving forward and found all relocated to a temporary market, whew.. but only 1 fish shop left. Got some sideview goldfishes.

Btw, redhill market also down, cry.gif , no more after lunch fish shopping la.....
CP
If there is a season for goldfish,then Jul and Aug must be the low seasons.Not much ads on Sat Classifieds either.
Understand that some kakis at HOR (a LFS)planning trip to Thailand in Sept.Will update if there are good new arrivals.
white horse T1
QUOTE(supertop @ Wed, 08 Sep 2004 1:29 pm)
No supporters for this thread  sad.gif Or maybe everyone very busy.

GONE

The whole single storey market vanish. Was disappointed, moving forward and found all relocated to a temporary market, whew.. but only 1 fish shop left. Got some sideview goldfishes.

Btw, redhill market also down,  cry.gif , no more after lunch fish shopping la.....

Redhill market tropical fish stall move to behind redhill MRT the temp vacant lot.
u will not miss much also, only a couple of red China lionhead. and sick ryukin
supertop
QUOTE(white horse T1 @ Wed, 08 Sep 2004 1:38 pm)
Redhill market tropical fish stall move to behind redhill MRT the temp vacant lot.
u will not miss much also, only a couple of red China lionhead.  and sick ryukin

thanks for the update will visit it tomorrow if got kaki smile.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(supertop @ Wed, 08 Sep 2004 1:29 pm)
No supporters for this thread  sad.gif Or maybe everyone very busy.

GONE

If you're looking for Ben who was one of the two little LFS at the old Tiong Bahru Market, his new shop is here.
The Matrix
got 1 erh ... AMK 722 or dunno wat lah, that shop shifted to jurong right ?

Can't recall the actual address, but very close to Jur West St 52. small small shop.
supertop
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Wed, 08 Sep 2004 5:18 pm)
If you're looking for Ben who was one of the two little LFS at the old Tiong Bahru Market, his new shop is here.

Thanks for the reply, just saw it when compiling the LFS list to and excel for easy viewing : ). I love hunting around for fish shops
supertop
Wednesday, 08 Sep 04, slight rain before, air refreshed, cool

7.15pm, traffic pretty smooth, hmm... die die must see some goldfish today.....

Target : Covenant Goldfish Sanctuary

CLOSED...... Road works infront ...

I fated to only get to see my goldfishes ..... beg2.gif

Today is definitely not a fish hunting day sad.gif
white horse T1
i m in thailand bangkok now. surprise!
but no urge to visit farms i used to rush at the first instances of free time.

just took time to stroll along the good old chatuchak market again.

like i said before, some where in some ulu corner and ulu stall, there lies a couple of gem cost < $5 dollar sing. and i swear the value will be 10 times more if i buy and start an auction thread in buy/sell. i think of the hassle and drop the idea.....

.. ...... .....
Seacucumber
TAN! BUY FOR ME WHITE CRANE MEDICATED FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
white horse T1
QUOTE(g-string @ Thu, 09 Sep 2004 6:09 pm)
TAN! BUY FOR ME WHITE CRANE MEDICATED FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i come back liao.
just a day trip to meet customer......
RedIndian
Bro G String,

What white crane products u are looking at. Saw a lfs at Telok Blangah Rise still having the stocks lying around. U may want to check that out.
mountain
Yishun Central (that big lfs that sells a lot of accessories and Corals) forget the lfs name..
has 2 bags of fair small SV ranchus , yet to release as of last nite.
mrchoco
QUOTE(mountain @ Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:08 am)
Yishun Central (that big lfs that sells a lot of accessories and Corals) forget the lfs name..
has 2 bags of fair small SV ranchus , yet to release as of last nite.

aquastar
yishun 934 i think
Allan
I was buying Hikari Lionhead pellet at a LFS in Serangoon North when I turned around and saw some of the most beautiful chinese sideview ranchus I've seen for a while. All 15 except 1 are gorgeous on first sight. On closer examination I decided to buy two I really like.

So I walked inside the shop to find out how much they would set me back.

First of all, a tag proudly proclaims those are 优等日本兰畴 (Top grade Japanese ranchu). I laughed, then I got a shock when I read the price tag.

It's priced at over $3,000 (three thousands) each!

I have good taste but I'm not stupid.
Chinmo
HI guys, if any bros like sv ranchus can go down LCK lane 9, no.50. was there yesterday to collect my PRECIOUS...., got alot of new ranchus! mostly sv, also have tv, baby black ranchus also have. shiok.gif
supertop
This maybe a bit late...

Was at Paris Ris 35a new SVs did not ask prices, : )

35F, very good priced SVs and a few TVs (put by a friend shopkeeper says)

Too bad my new 3 FT tank have not arrive cry.gif
CP
QUOTE(Chinmo @ Sat, 18 Sep 2004 5:18 pm)
HI guys, if any bros like sv ranchus can go down LCK lane 9, no.50. was there yesterday to collect my PRECIOUS...., got alot of new ranchus! mostly sv, also have tv, baby black ranchus also have. shiok.gif

Went yesterday did not find any to my liking.
My,really out of place.No 50 is big.Upon entering the gate,you have to turn right immediately.Follow the narrow lane down and the goldfish posters then turn left again.Go all the way to the end then another right turn and you are there.

But at least plenty of posters to guide you along the way though.
The Matrix
Jalan Kayu, Nan Yang got a shipment of chinese goldfish. Brown ranchu $238, red/white $188, some large dragon eyes $68, some oranda dunno how many 8 ... and short tail ryukins ....

and few tanks of dragon eyes butterfly
white horse T1
u guys know that Nippon Koi starts to sell TV ranchu just recently.
their setup are quite neatly done. uncle told me that there is one batch still under quarantine.

impressive or not? donno, but in my amateur eyes not too fantastic....
but no harm pop in to look see look see....this weekend when they release the rest from quarantine for display......

i saw some tagging at a price tag of $20 / $150.. size range head to tail ( 1 inch to 3 inches)
Seacucumber
was there just now, saw those on sale liao....even have tosakin selling at $120....
$18 and $20 all got defects.....while those $200 and above some not bad...
white horse T1
QUOTE(Allan @ Sat, 18 Sep 2004 4:35 pm)
I was buying Hikari Lionhead pellet at a LFS in Serangoon North when I turned around and saw some of the most beautiful chinese sideview ranchus I've seen for a while.  All 15 except 1 are gorgeous on first sight.  On closer examination I decided to buy two I really like.

It's priced at over $3,000 (three thousands) each!

miss out and drooling over the $3000 fish at that LFS in Serangoon North?
try QH.
Saw two tub of thai ranchu priced at $120. some just as chunky.

also check out the blacky at $60. Big big head and eyes cannot see. (i think they are old stock but just release after disease quarantine)
Chinmo
Any bros seen decent bubble eyes selling at lfs? wanna keep a few wor... but no see them recently sad.gif
white horse T1
http://www.dreamfish.com.sg/Index_About_Us_Profile.html

at Blue Acquarium , saw a couple at the main tank near the entrance, something like "that LFS at N Serangoon". anyone got idea how much they cost?
from China right?
Seacucumber
those chinese ranchu at the main tank??
2 calicos, 1 black, 1 faded black, 3 red/white and 2 red??

hehehe.....i asked liao....nahia....$220 a pcs ohmy.gif
white horse T1
QUOTE(g-string @ Sun, 10 Oct 2004 12:56 pm)
those chinese ranchu at the main tank??
2 calicos, 1 black, 1 faded black, 3 red/white and 2 red??

hehehe.....i asked liao....nahia....$220 a pcs  ohmy.gif

china ranchu standard fast catching up with thai, price also.... good.gif
supertop
QUOTE(Chinmo @ Fri, 08 Oct 2004 10:15 pm)
Any bros seen decent bubble eyes selling at lfs? wanna keep a few wor... but no see them recently sad.gif

Saw a full tank of those at seaview aquarium, seletar farmway west 1
Chinmo
THanks bro! shiok.gif good_very.gif
CP
20 pieces Thai sideview arrived at HOR (Home of Ranchu) Monday night.
Went yesterday,many pieces reserved.Price from 200 onwards.
CP
Abt 100 pcs Thai SV arrived last night at HOR.Fairly large ones.Price seems reasonable.
ball
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Sat, 08 Jan 2005 4:05 pm)
Abt 100 pcs Thai SV arrived last night at HOR.Fairly large ones.Price seems reasonable.

Newbie here. I thouth Home of Ranchu was at Bt. Batok and its close down liao ? Or has it shift to a new shop ?
desireless
Yo ball,

Please refer to here:
http://www.RafflesGold.com/forums/index.ph...w=findpost&p=47
peter porker
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Sat, 08 Jan 2005 4:05 pm)

According to Lum-chu, its AAA and show grade.
CP
QUOTE(peter porker @ Sun, 09 Jan 2005 10:26 am)
According to Lum-chu, its AAA and show grade.

Doesn't look that to me.Quality not as good as previous but then again price not that steep.
ball
There is a new shop opened at Block 328 in Clementi.
Sell ranchu and tosakin.
Price wise, not for cheap ball like me.
Just thought I wana share this information.
Fishery
hi.gif Hi Ball,That shop sound familiar.I think its the same owner of the same shop next to its.He just expand his business.I cannot remember the name of shop but its is 24hrs shop and they been asking customers to take a look at their goldfish next door. More goldfish shop clap.gif
CP
Plenty of Thai SV and TV ranchus at Qi Kim Hu Aquarium, in The Woodgrove, off Woodlands Ave 1.

Main tank has half dozen pieces huge buffalohead SV,retailing for 1k !!
Lester001
Hi. just an information about new batch of goldfish coming soon.. shiok.gif today i just went to 50 LIM CHOO KANG FISH FARM. happen d owner was take flight on dis morning to thailand. he will b back on this friday together with the photo of different type of goldfish that he had choosed frm thailand. the fish will arrive on next week monday evening. happydance.gif if anyone who interest may go down on this friday to take a look the photo then decide. price wise im not very sure should bit expensive... unsure.gif thanks!
desireless
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:08 pm)
Plenty of Thai SV and TV ranchus at Qi Kim Hu Aquarium, in The Woodgrove, off Woodlands Ave 1.

Main tank has half dozen pieces huge buffalohead SV,retailing for 1k !!

KNN.. see liao see beh tulan.

This so-called business strategy by this "RAMBO" mad3.gif aquarium really upset the SV ranchu market COMPLETELY... since when SV are starting to sell at $1K?!? mad3.gif Bloody hell... and the other stupid LFSs have to follow their tag blindly.
Seacucumber
QUOTE(desireless @ Tue, 18 Jan 2005 4:43 pm)

This so-called business strategy by this "RAMBO"  mad3.gif aquarium really upset the SV ranchu market COMPLETELY... since when SV are starting to sell at $1K?!? mad3.gif Bloody hell... and the other stupid LFSs have to follow their tag blindly.

price wise have lah....
but to command that kind of price tag of a few thousands, the fish have to be big and flawless.....
The Matrix
QUOTE(desireless @ Tue, 18 Jan 2005 4:43 pm)

This so-called business strategy by this "RAMBO"  mad3.gif aquarium really upset the SV ranchu market COMPLETELY... since when SV are starting to sell at $1K?!? mad3.gif Bloody hell... and the other stupid LFSs have to follow their tag blindly.

hullo ... who say dun hv one. A good ranchu ( i mean really ranchu and not those lionchu hor) can price up to a few K if really hugh and solid. Especially fish like those in Woodlands are of very high show quality, which for many many many many many months not a single lfs dare to bring in. These are show fish, not AA or AAA fish or small fish that tag as show fish. That's the price to pay for.

Remember HOR ? I recalled there was a shipment that commands over 800 bucks. And also Blue Aquarium ? A Grade B fish already exceed 1K. Dun even dream of having a Grade A TungHoi fish which likely to cost over few Ks.
desireless
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Tue, 18 Jan 2005 5:45 pm)
hullo ... who say dun hv one. A good ranchu ( i mean really ranchu and not those lionchu hor) can price up to a few K if really hugh and solid. Especially fish like those in Woodlands are of very high show quality, which for many many many many many months not a single lfs dare to bring in. These are show fish, not AA or AAA fish or small fish that tag as show fish. That's the price to pay for.

Remember HOR ? I recalled there was a shipment that commands over 800 bucks. And also Blue Aquarium ? A Grade B fish already exceed 1K. Dun even dream of having a Grade A TungHoi fish which likely to cost over few Ks.

This is just a "monkey see monkey do" strategy. And each one tries to outbeat another with ridiculous price to attract attention. RXXNBXW did it successfully and was in media. Other monkeys just follow only.

FYI, the one owned by HOR that won QH #2 last yr only commanded $1300 at the time of winning nia. And it is a "Showgrade with title".

These few fishes dunno got win anything before or not and already selling at 1K plus. You think the BXXX Aquarium fishes are perfect fishes? Not to me at all. RXXNBXW even worse... Those fishes from suspicious background (Jap SV) and no title still got cheek to ask for $3288. Even if you have a few millions of wealth, you also won't buy any because they are not the best fishes that you have seen and obvious to you they are casting net for carrots.
Seacucumber
sob sob, mine i wanna sell $200 also nobody wans.... sad.gif
ball
Sian liao, seem like another "Luo Han" pricing strategy.
Very soon, any tom dick and harry shop also jack up price.

Simple hobby also become so speculative.
GF Lover
QUOTE(Seacucumber @ Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:42 pm)
sob sob, mine i wanna sell $200 also nobody wans.... sad.gif

Sent in for competition. If win maybe can sell for 2k.
desireless
QUOTE(goldfish Lover @ Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:28 pm)
Sent in for competition. If win maybe can sell for 2k.

FYI, bro seacucumber's (ex g-string) pair of blackies were QH 1st runner-up for cat A. And he was selling only at $200 but no one wants.

http://www.RafflesGold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=395

http://www.RafflesGold.com/forums/index.ph...findpost&p=4440
The Matrix
1st of all, we think like a not so rich hobbyist. Pure, simple and want as affordable as possible. But if we are now running RG pte ltd and selling fish as a living supporting families ... ok, name me a price that you want to sell the best fish u can really find.

Business is business, they can do anything they like to make a deal as long as dun get caught performing naked cheat. How to get caught ? dunno wor .. too chim for my lawyer to figure that out, worst CASE also bo chap this type of thing becos it's not under the law of fair deal. Already not easy for many to tell the different between a thai and a japan fish, if a local breed mix in, who knows !

They find the fishes, we paid for it. Treat it as outsourcing, we want something good they must deliever the goods. Or not happy about it, make a trip and do it yourself. Come to the end, it's about the same price. Still demand and supply rulez.

Consumers like us can do wat ? Simply nothing. Just brag but got a lot of X here X there becos we say something wrong, kenna bankrupt. Clean backside squad inside.

If a fish is good enough, a reasonable pricing will see hand shakes. If the fish is not good enough, no way an auction occurs.
white horse T1
QUOTE(desireless @ Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:37 pm)
FYI, bro seacucumber's (ex g-string) pair of blackies were QH 1st runner-up for cat A. And he was selling only at $200 but no one wants.

http://www.RafflesGold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=395

http://www.RafflesGold.com/forums/index.ph...findpost&p=4440

i think it is not his price or his fish no good lah.

maye he step on too many toes .......
maybe pplp "pan tang" to buy blacky before CNY.
maybe got better luck tie up with some LFS with a good front, state yr reserve price and let them sell whatever they want or sell to LFS at discount as they could boost their reputation that they have prized fish for sale.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.