Mid Autumn Festival Bonsai, Goldfish & Pottery Show

日期:2004年9月24日(周五〕至26日(周日)
地点:东陵民众俱乐部 (Tanglin CC)

Opening Ceremony : 24th Sept 7pm
25th - 10am to 10pm
26th - 10am to 6pm

Tanglin Community Center
245 Whitley Road (297829)

FOC, parking at the nearby school, short walking distant away.

Featuring :
Display of wonderful bonsai
Display of hand-made pottery
Chinese Goldfish displays
Japan Ranchu displays
Top view butterfly tail demekin competition 25th day only from 12noon to 5pm.

All fishes are from Ozeki Ranchu Club SG and Vermillion Goldfish Club SG.
HappyBuddha
This is by far the most exciting and anticipated goldfish show this year.

I hope it will be as good if not better then the one organized many years ago at Tanglin mall.

IPB Image

What's the entrance fee like?
supertop
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Thu, 16 Sep 2004 10:05 am)

I hope it will be as good if not better then the one organized  many years ago at Tanglin mall.

http://www.geocities.com/leongcy8/goldfish-b1-5.jpg

Wow, so exciting. The goldfish statues looks so cute. shiok.gif
Chinmo
shiok.gif Cool! Event not to be MISSED! shiok.gif SUre got lotsa nap nap goldfish on display there! good_very.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Thu, 16 Sep 2004 10:05 am)

I hope it will be as good if not better then the one organized  many years ago at Tanglin mall.

FOC lah.

I wish I could see Tanglin Mall show repeat again, but unlikely lor.
cktan
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Thu, 16 Sep 2004 3:20 pm)
FOC lah.

I wish I could see Tanglin Mall show repeat again, but unlikely lor.

Repeat? Easy mah. Go get a video cam and shoot the entire event. Then u can play back as many times as u like tongue.gif
HappyBuddha
Just three more days to go! happydance1.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Tue, 21 Sep 2004 7:50 am)
Just three more days to go!  happydance1.gif

You going ? Sure wanted to meet up with you.
HappyBuddha
You know the answer lah. biggrin.gif

Beside, I very cheena one; celebrating traditional chinese festivals back home.
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Tue, 21 Sep 2004 9:55 am)
You know the answer lah.  biggrin.gif

Aiya...too bad! Gonna miss it! cry.gif
desireless
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Tue, 21 Sep 2004 9:20 am)
You going ? Sure wanted to meet up with you.

QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Tue, 21 Sep 2004 9:55 am)
You know the answer lah.  biggrin.gif

Chay....

You at home do what? Play with fire ah? Or snatch your grandchildren's lanterns to play yourself? laugh.gif
CyberET
he must be stay at home play mountain laugh.gif
leogon
Went to the Exhibition just now
Saw some of the usual Ozeki Club members etc
Was mainly interested in the Top View Ranchu and saw a few
Bigger ones did not impress me - most did not have the impression of strength
Liked the 2 tosai ranchu from Seikiya best.
But am just a novice so cannot take my comments too seriously blush.gif
CyberET
bought any fish? smile.gif
CyberET
Preview

IPB Image

IPB Image
Chinmo
QUOTE(CyberET @ Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:19 pm)
bought any fish? smile.gif

shiok.gif they have goldfish for sale at the Exhibition ? shiok.gif
leogon
Yes - some for sale...
Some from Blue Aquarium and Ozeki Club ranchu as well.
Blue selling several varieties incl pandas, ST Ryukins etc
top_view_ranchu
Which school allow parking? St. Joseph or SCGS?
white horse T1
QUOTE(CyberET @ Sat, 25 Sep 2004 12:08 am)
Preview

donno if that is the same guy squatting there , he was seen there drooling at the tank when i was there around 1130-1200.

finally seen the famous sinranchu and its 2nd batch of offsprings. not as good as 1st batch though. or maybe the best were not display there.

very tempted to buy the smaller blue tub but after i see the hikari pellets selling @$10. i left.

check out the bonzhai, got some standard...
CHLeong
Been there, the display was not focus on TV or SV, rather on telescopic butterfly. Generally there is a competition on the butterflies, quit rewarding to see the good collection of different TBs.

Guys looking for TV or SV only please skip the visit.

Hope this helps
Allan
Together with two fellow RG bros, 3 of us went this afternoon and had a wonderful time especially when Alvin joined and enlightened us on some of the displays including his personal goldfish memobrilia. Myself is most mesmerized by two locally bred veiltails, a variety I had the impression is extinct until Alvin corrected me.

For those who will be driving, there are actually "bus bay" lots by the side-road, although I know some visitors parked their cars inside the CC's compound. Sigh.

Oh yeah, I bought a Tie Bao Jing ranchu picked by a friend. But it's not a straight forward sale. I have to past a test personally conducted by Alvin! Fortunately I managed to score a 2 out of 3 and he handed over the fish to me. Phew!

Sorry, no pic of my new fish nor the show.

Bring your family to support the event! Got aircon too.
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(Allan @ Sat, 25 Sep 2004 8:07 pm)
Oh yeah, I bought a Tie Bao Jing ranchu picked by a friend.  But it's not a straight forward sale.  I have to past a test personally conducted by Alvin!  Fortunately I managed to score a 2 out of 3 and he handed over the fish to me.  Phew!

*&^%$#@!

OMG! You scored a 2 out of 3??????!!!!

Which test question you have trouble with? longpia.gif

Trust me, the answers in order are

TRUE
TRUE
TRUE

Shame on you! Er... you didn't identify yourself as someone from RG hor? mad.gif Also... who were with you? They don't know the answer as well?????

I think we need to set up a "Goldfish Kindergarden". mad.gif
desireless
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Sat, 25 Sep 2004 8:18 pm)
Shame on you!  Er... you didn't identify yourself as someone from RG hor?  mad.gif  Also... who were with you?  They don't know the answer as well?????

whistle.gif

It is certainly worth the trip. There is a tank deco internal compeition. Some of our bros took part in it too. There was one tank which made quite an impression on me because of it's cute name "三只小珠" laugh.gif

And have a good look at the "Singachu", along with its "specifications". You seldom see this fish as it is not so easily shown to the public. There are also several almost perfect ranchus in the show. And not forgetting one superb giant black crowned pearl scales.

So grab this rare opportunity to look at some rare stuff. The fishes there are worthed the trip liao. It may be small scaled but it is rather complete. As already mentioned, this is a goldfish "SHOW". Not a goldfish sale. So those going there to buy fish will be so disappointed.

As for the Pottery side... oh well, the only good thing is a "SUPER HAVOC" auntie who simply dressed to kill (will turn ah peks like HB on happydance.gif) ... leather spaghetti with fish net back (can see got no bra), and short leather skirt above half thigh level, with two pieces of clothes that are supposed to be the cover skirt... As she walked, the 2 pieces of cloth would wave in the air like flag, which reminded me of the vile-tailed goldfish Allan was talking about earlier. And to think she was so "lau hiao" as to purposely walk pass us at least times. Wwoo hoo...
HappyBuddha
Hahahahahaha. Linda right?

Alright, one more reason to go to the show!

Tomorrow last day hor....
desireless
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Sat, 25 Sep 2004 9:46 pm)
Hahahahahaha.  Linda right?

Yeah man...
See? I told you? Ah peks sure kena turned on! happydance.gif

I bet HB now singing that Jacky Cheung's song...

"Linda, Linda... Linda, Linda... 你不要不說話
你的沉默彷彿是種懲罰, 怪我讓你也有一點掙扎
Linda, Linda... Linda, Linda... 你不要太害怕
有多愛你我還不會表達, 沒說的你都懂嗎"
white horse T1
I know some visitors parked their cars inside the CC's compound.  Sigh.

why cannot mei? as long as don hog the lot for hrs.park at designated bus lot outside SJI is also illegal. i reckon talking to CC mgt is better than writing to Traffic police for waiver. park in school also must talk to guard and work out a sweat to walk to CC.that why choose Option A: park at CC first since there are a couple of lots empty. if stop, Option B: go to school, Otpion C: go to bus waiting area.
for the record, i park there for less than 30 mins. hoot me.....
top_view_ranchu
I parked at the Dog Hospital beside the Shell petrol kiosk!
Can visit pet shop there too!
Allan
QUOTE(white horse T1 @ Sun, 26 Sep 2004 10:25 am)
why cannot mei?  as long as don hog the lot for hrs.park at designated bus lot outside SJI is also illegal.  i reckon talking to CC mgt is better than writing to Traffic police for waiver. park in school also must talk to guard and work out a sweat to walk to CC.that why choose Option A: park at CC first since there are a couple of lots empty. if stop, Option B: go to school, Otpion C: go to bus waiting area.
for the record, i park there for less than 30 mins.  hoot me.....

I was sighing to myself over my stupidity for not parking inside the CC's compound, especially since it was quite empty. sad.gif
CP
Oh yeah, I bought a Tie Bao Jing ranchu picked by a friend.  But it's not a straight forward sale.  I have to past a test personally conducted by Alvin!  Fortunately I managed to score a 2 out of 3 and he handed over the fish to me.  Phew!

Er...mind letting us know what was asked?
Allan
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Mon, 27 Sep 2004 9:31 am)

I can't remember anymore but seriously it was more or less a game for children. We were with Alvin and seeing I was quite disappointed to find out I don't qualify for the game personally conducted it and allowed me to 'play' only.

Yet I flunk it.
CP
QUOTE(Allan @ Tue, 28 Sep 2004 8:04 am)
I can't remember anymore but seriously it was more or less a game for children.  We were with Alvin and seeing I was quite disappointed to find out I don't qualify for the game personally conducted it and allowed me to 'play' only.

Yet I flunk it.

Oh,I thought he was asking you fishkeeping questions to make sure that you know how to take care before selling the fishes to you. smile.gif
mrchoco
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Mon, 27 Sep 2004 9:31 am)

1) goldfish originated from which country?

a) Japan
b) China
c) Korea

2) It is better to keep goldfish outdoors
true or false

3) It is better to feed goldfish more frequently but little amount each time
true or false

Answer them.
but no fish to take...
good luck.
cktan
1) China
2) True
3) True

Tio bo? unsure.gif
HappyBuddha
1) Tiong kok.
2) Maybe.
3) Yeah!

2, maybe... outdoors have hungry dogs, cats, big birds, flies, and not forgetting kings & queens who will take pics to post in arofanatics dot com claiming ownership to impress everyone.

rofl2.gif
cktan
like tat also can ah. Then indoor got angry wife and curious babies who might snatch them from the tub and squeeze them as if soft toy.
laugh.gif

So how? Dont get married or hv babies if one is serious in keeping goldfish yes.gif
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(cktan @ Wed, 29 Sep 2004 8:48 am)
like tat also can ah. Then indoor got angry wife and curious babies who might snatch them from the tub and squeeze them as if soft toy.
laugh.gif

So how? Dont get married or hv babies if one is serious in keeping goldfish  yes.gif

Ah...good point there!
Of coz can get married and have babies what!!! That is fun also you know???
Keep them outside la!!! yes.gif
Allan
QUOTE(top_view_ranchu @ Wed, 29 Sep 2004 9:10 am)
Ah...good point there!
Of coz can get married and have babies what!!! That is fun also you know???
Keep them outside la!!! yes.gif

Do allow your children to come inside for food!
HappyBuddha
For those of you who missed the event, Vermillion GFC have posted pictures of the event.

http://geocities.com/GreenNgoldSG/tanglinCC04-frame.html

happy.gif:
nobnoba
i just saw the website of Festival Show. i want to know what is singachu? how does it differ from Ranchu and lionhead?
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(nobnoba @ Fri, 08 Oct 2004 7:52 pm)
i just saw the website of Festival Show. i want to know what is singachu? how does it differ from Ranchu and lionhead?

I don't have a clue. sad.gif

http://geocities.com/GreenNgoldSG/babysitter-frame.html (scroll down the page and check out the 9 months old; sweet!)

There's an email link on the above page about the ranchus. Maybe you can ask them directly.
desireless
QUOTE(nobnoba @ Fri, 08 Oct 2004 7:52 pm)

Singachu is a term they used to described ranchus that they bred (in Singapore). So we take "SINGApore" and "ranCHU", it forms SINGA-CHU.

If you bred some really superb ranchu in Indonesia, you can cell it Indochu. biggrin.gif
nobnoba
desireless,
i know how singachu, the word, came from. but i want to know how it differs from other ranchu? is there really a noticable different?
or its just "well, since its breed here in singapore, lets call it singa-chu!"
Seacucumber
didn't u notice a singapore map design on the left side or the fish??
desireless
QUOTE(nobnoba @ Sat, 09 Oct 2004 2:52 pm)
desireless,
i know how singachu, the word, came from. but i want to know how it differs from other ranchu? is there really a noticable different?
or its just "well, since its breed here in singapore, lets call it singa-chu!"

Commendable point on this ranchu is it's nice pair of pom-pom. Its well-developed headgrowth which is unlike those watery ones from Thailand. It's headgrowth apart from being well-developed, is unique such that the top-centre wens are very developed, such that it seems crowned. Think of a crowned pearlscale.

There's a written specs for this fish. Maybe the GnG members here can give more facts on this fish.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.