CyberET
i not expert..

no good
lousy tail
loudy body
lousy photo angle

where u buy from?
desireless
QUOTE(Ranchu_Lord @ Sun, 19 Sep 2004 1:56 am)
What you experts think of this side-view?Commentz!  shiok.gif

Who are the "you experts" whom you're directing to? mad.gif

Since it is side view, please provide an exact side-view profile of this fish for fair comments. The 1st pic is still not exactly its side-view profile as fish is still tilted at some angle.

And lastly, if this is your fish, perhaps you can make full use of the GA forum for comments on this fish.
mrchoco

here no experts so please do not ask for comments on fish.
Ranchu_Lord
If you guys here are not experts here who is?Show me a nice fish then?Since some of you can dtermine a fish from which breeder just by looking at pics and have comments on fish...isn't that 'expert' enough? hmm.gif
desireless
mad.gif
I don't really know what you're driving at.

QUOTE(Ranchu_Lord @ Sun, 19 Sep 2004 3:31 am)
If you guys here are not experts here who is? .. Since some of you can dtermine a fish from which breeder just by looking at pics and have comments on fish...isn't that 'expert' enough?

If you want to praise some of the more knowledgeable bros here, I support you too because I share the same sentiments.
...Show me a nice fish then?....hmm.gif

But if you're challenging us, then pls go somewhere else. The admins for RG will not allow such pandemonium to happen here.

If you want to look at nice fishes. We have many nice fishes at the GA (Goldfish Academy forum). Take your time to browse through.

As ET mentioned, the photos shots were take at lousy angles. If you refer to GA, we seldomly take the frontal-view photos of the fishes for comment as they serve no purpose.
mrchoco
If you guys here are not experts here who is?Show me a nice fish then?Since some of you can dtermine a fish from which breeder just by looking at pics and have comments on fish...isn't that 'expert' enough?  hmm.gif

hmm.gif
http://www.ranchushop.com/Board/comment.asp?webboard_id=528

go this link..
lots of pics you can see.
Seacucumber
hey baby! let me take the rap for it....
i the self proclaimed expert is here......behold....

ok, as for comments....i will make it short and sweet....

your fish is lousy......dull colours, arc is not smooth, lots of kink.......fish is too skinny.....

okok lets stop the joke....

Mr. Lord, in fact you should post in the Academy....
hehehehehe......
The Matrix

Everyone's a learner.

This is a very poor specimen.
HappyBuddha
I should clarify a few things about the academy.

I have heard some comments that the annoymous nature of GA means the commenters don't stand behind what they wrote and as such the comments have little weight.

It's not true.

For one thing, I know who are the writers and if they write rubbish I usually won't approve the posting. If there's a dispute to a writer's claim (not that it happen before), I am sure I can mitigate. As such, just becoz you can write annoymously doesn't imply you don't have to support what you write.

The annoymous feature of GA is set up mainly to:

1. Allow members here to comment freely without prejudice. You can't put someone down just because you don't like him despite him showing a good fish. Your assessment is also not influence by the owners' reputation as a good/bad breeder/keepers. The commenters, aka Frankie, write what he sees.

2. Allows members to comment frankly and straight to the point not worrying over hurting the owners' (who's usually annoymous too) feeling. The owner don't have to feel bad, or be shamed by his poor goldfish keeping/selection skills.

So... put the GA to good use.

Often newbies get carried away thinking they have a great fish by focusing only on one feature of the fish, and totallly neglecting the rest. Remember, a good goldfish is well balanced in every way.

For the rest, I suggest you put your prized fish up for comments if you want to learn more about your fish -- don't be surprise you too is in the same trap as that mentioned newbie. Just be forewarned you may be devastated when you find out your oh-so-cool fish is considered a junk by Frankie. But then... better to find out the truth then constantly getting more junks to add to your collection right? unsure.gif
RBT
Hi Bro Ranchu lord,
I find a little flaw here there,but not to worry looks cute though.

Also,what bro HB has written is good.Better get frank opinion in GA rather then so open..hehe

But 1 thing...ok...ok ....memory not so good,i get a feeling that the word "expert" almost always draws flak/rebuke.

And to those bros that find this word irritating,
1.Chinese 'thinking',not shiok/paiseh to be called a 'expert'....later kenna suan my other bros in the forum?
2.lots of newbies will use this word,don't know why....but they do..hehe.Maybe anyone that can give advise(even those that voice out..u need to use anti-chlorine)is a shifu('expert'?).Or maybe knowlegdeable is harder to spell??(ok ok i think i spelt it wrongly too...hehe).Or maybe 'those bros who knows something about......' slightly too long winded?
3.Those bros that come for advise,definately not out to 'suan' one.So don't take it to heart.

Conclusion:Those bros that ask for help,whether,using the word 'expert' really feel happy that some bros respond with a little advise.These bros won't post 'KNN u know what u talking or not!!!!!'

Those who feel offended,please don't.I know this RG forum is your baby n m damn proud of it.But remember a lot of newbies won't know that this word is taboo n a lot of them will use it again n again n again.

Cheers
CP
Ranchu Lord,
My initial thoughs of the colour was that it is fading from the transition of black baby but the third pic does not have the pointed head of a young,my guess is it is at least 6 months old measuring abt 3 inches incl tail.
Save for the promising 'buffalohead' and wen development it is not a good fish in the other aspects for its age.

Regards

"What is a good fish?"
"Any fish that you like is a good fish"
GF Lover
I would consider this ranchu with good potential if it is given the right grooming. After all we are not talking about competition here. As what HB said, if you think you have a better fish, then put it up for all to appreciate and see how it compares with the others. In ranchu keeping, I find that most of us tends to feel that the grass is greener on our side of the fence.

Even the best fish have their flaws. To the Chinese, most prefer the lionhead, to the Japanese they prefer the buffalohead. Are the Chinese or the Japanese right. Standards are set by man and it will change with time and taste. Just look at all those very old photos in some Japanese magazines. The photos of the ranchus are mostly shown in side view and not top view.

This is not a Japanese ranchu forum. It is a Goldfish forum. We should look at things in a general perspective and not just Japanese TV. Some Japanese TV winners do not have a perfect back when view from the side.

Perfect fish are expensive and hard to come by. Let us encourage each other to promote this hobby and not to set standards that even Kashino or Kawai etc. finds it hard to follow. I think we should encourage RL and give him tips to improve his fish rather than to compare his ranchu with a Yokozuna.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.