Seacucumber
Qianhu Fancy Goldfish Competition 2004

Benching In 5 Feb 2004
Competition Date 6 Feb-8 Feb 2004
Entry Closing Date 18 Jan 2004
Venue : Qianhu Fish Farm

Registration Fee : $15 per entry

Competition Category:

Cat A : Body length of fish 10cm - 13cm (exclude length of tail)
Cat B : Body length of fish 14cm - 16cm (exclude length of tail)

Six classes for each category as follows:

Class 1 : RANCHU
Class 2 : PEARLSCALE
Class 3 : ORANDA
Class 4 : DRAGONEYE
Class 5 : RYUKIN
Class 6 : RARE/NEW VARIETY

*Maximum number of entries per participant per class : ONE

PRIZES:

1st PRIZE : 5ft Tank (Full Set) worth $2000 & trophy
2nd PRIZE : 4ft '' '' worth $1500 & trophy
3rd PRIZE : 3ft '' '' worth $1000 & trophy

GRAND CHAMPION ADDITIONAL $1000 CASH and TROPHY
Seacucumber
i will be going for it!
anybody wanna join me??
Seacucumber
will post a pic when the time is right.... wink.gif
bro Laser might be entering a pair of monster ryukin.....
LASERGUY
Guys, looking at the categories, thought about them for some time, just like to comment, how can someone possibly enter into this competition?

Ranchu with body that is 14 ~ 16 cm, that means around 6 inches excluding tail, if including the tail, this ranchu will need to be at least 7 to 8 inches ! Not even needs to talk about pearlscale! Even for the cat A, which you need to submit a pair, will need both fishes to be at least 5 or 6 inches..... sad.gif

Probably only jumbo size ryukins, oranda or moor can possibly enter into this contest..... Koi or aro will definitely qualify.... biggrin.gif
Seacucumber
biggrin.gif birchir also can....
JIU JIE LONG
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(g-string @ Mon 15 Dec 2003 07:16 PM)
i will be going for it!
anybody wanna join me??

I'd love to but I don't have such a big fish. sad.gif Ok ok, even if I do, I'd probably be embarssing myself since my big fishes are those that have been with me since I started keeping goldfish (read... hopelessly clueless then on what to do.)

But bro laser may have a point there; the sizes of the fishes seem too large.

I could win a couple of prices if they have a category for Stunt fish. biggrin.gif

My best wishes to all who will be taking part in the event.

It's nice to know QH is actively promoting goldfish now, and further shows goldfish is coming back with a bang!
10daniel
hmmm... QH never meant this competition to be for the general public huh? Or else they would know from SG HOBBYISt alone it would be hard to fill 100 tanks, let alone 500...
LASERGUY
Personally, I feel that if QH really want to invite the public to participate, first, they should have segregate different sizes for different breeds and secondly, they should state a standard size of each breed, anything larger than this size belong to Cat A and smaller classified as Cat B.
Then, this will attract interested participant to enter their favourite/tokong fishes and not hindered by the size limitation.
Seacucumber
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Tue 16 Dec 2003 04:21 PM)
Personally, I feel that if QH really want to invite the public to participate, first, they should have segregate different sizes for different breeds and secondly, they should state a standard size of each breed, anything larger than this size belong to Cat A and smaller classified as Cat B.
Then, this will attract interested participant to enter their favourite/tokong fishes and not hindered by the size limitation.

i think their thought is to prevent those very small fishes from entering...
for ranchu, its not easy finding a good small fish....

but for the rest, its easy to find small specimen which are nice, e.g. oranda, moor
etc....

but wat the hack, they lay the rules, we try to follow.... haha
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(10daniel @ Tue 16 Dec 2003 03:42 PM)
hmmm... QH never meant this competition to be for the general public huh? Or else they would know from SG HOBBYISt alone it would be hard to fill 100 tanks, let alone 500...

I heard it through the grapevines that there will be competitors from around the world taking part in this competition. So I guess they are not entirely counting on local participants only. But still, 500 tanks seem hard to fill up.

Excellent! First we have the Ozeki competition on New Year’s Day. This is followed closely by QH’s competition. I’ll bet that local fish magazine will dip their feet into organizing one too.

… and RG will do its own online competition just like AF did it for their members. But instead of going to your place to take photos and judge your fish, you’ll submit your own photo and be your own judge. biggrin.gif

oranda.gif
nanik
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Wed 17 Dec 2003 06:46 AM)
I heard it through the grapevines that there will be competitors from around the world taking part in this competition. So I guess they are not entirely counting on local participants only.  But still, 500 tanks seem hard to fill up.

Excellent! First we have the Ozeki competition on New Year’s Day.  This is followed closely by QH’s competition.  I’ll bet that local fish magazine will dip their feet into organizing one too.

… and RG will do its own online competition just like AF did it for their members. But instead of going to your place to take photos and judge your fish, you’ll submit your own photo and be your own judge.  biggrin.gif 

oranda.gif

Hi,

It's good to know that there are competition going to be held, just hope that it is fair, because in my experience where I come from the winner (1st and 2nd) is always the fish that belongs to a member of the local goldfish club and on top of that also the points are never released to the public not to mention the judging criteria are not very clear.

Personally I hope the competition will not be bias to any clubs or fish, so I hope this will be a fair play.

Hope member in this forum can bring home a trophy !! happydance.gif good_very.gif

Cheers
Nanik
Seacucumber
personally i feel that bro Laserguy's pair of ryukin will stand a chance...
and i will trying my luck in the ranchu class....

laugh.gif
mountain
cry.gif why there ain't no "Best Feeder Category"??

I got a ranchu feeder, live in FiveStar Hotel, Get 5 Star Service... this type of category maybe i got chance ah .. laugh.gif
CyberET
i've no fish of any suitable size at all sad.gif
either too small.. or not big enough to be entered as a single fish..
i've no pairs..
LASERGUY
I was thinking, if any of us have a very solid fish and due to size limitation which you can only enter in pair, why not invite each other to submit combined entry ? How about it, workable ?
mountain
It would be nice to see a combined submission under Rafflesgold banner eh ..

i volunteer to be pom pom boy in front of the tank happydance.gif
Seacucumber
it will be great to submit under Rafflesgold....
but hor, very difficult to find a matching pair leh.... sad.gif
LASERGUY
QUOTE(g-string @ Thu 18 Dec 2003 06:21 PM)
it will be great to submit under Rafflesgold....
but hor, very difficult to find a matching pair leh....  sad.gif

Posting pictures of your best fishes lah, then everyone will do the match-making hug.gif here lor...
HappyBuddha
QianHu has finally updated their web site with info on the competition in the form of a graphic bitmap (*.bmp) file that... goosh... haven't they heard of jpg file?

Here's the link. http://203.116.88.76/content/download/gf_poster.bmp

IPB Image

There's also a competition registration form.

:-pdf

- Updated link to new registration form
HappyBuddha
Kekeke.

According to a mailing list I just received from GnG, it states "...please verify with the organiser that the length criteria should include the tail. "

I dunno... I think it's pretty funny that the organizer can misprint such an important competition criteria.

While I'm at it, I should set the record that "goldfish" is written as one word, and not "Gold Fish" as printed in large print in the aforementioned bmp file by QH.

rofl.gif

I can't wait to see them misspell ranchu as lanchu and engrave it on the trophy! biggrin.gif
CyberET
eh.. i've received news that the criterias most probably changing to include tail..
Seacucumber
hmm.....then got chance liao!!!
fish hunting starts for me now!!!!!!!
dennis
Hi, I am back wink.gif been away in Malaysia for slightly over a week.

Just something I want to mention about transporting big goldfish, do make sure they have enough room to swim upright in the bag which you use to transport them, breed such as Oranda can get their dorsal ray ( the main one ) broken easily, so great care much be taken while transporting.

BTW can anyone tell me once the dorsal ray breaks can it heal and grow back after some time. My gut feel is that it will not, but a LFS who was trying to push a fish told me otherwise.
mountain
this is interesting, i also want to know.
but if its a grown fish, if it breaks, you would wan to cut it off rite? leaving it there would cause suffering to it as it wouldn't be able to swim properly, and leave it open to bateria infection. i am not sure will it grow back after cutting it off.. bro hb had a little experiment on removing the dorsal fin i think .. maybe he knows the answer.
HappyBuddha
I seriously doubt a broken ray will grow back nicely. In some cases, it will rejoin but will most likely be out of shape. I avoid buying such a fish. sad.gif
Seacucumber
CONFIRMATION

was at QH today....confirm with the staff there that there's a typo error on the application form.

officially, the sizes mentioned WILL INCLUDE TAIL OF THE FISH.
mountain
sure still got ppl send in HuGe fish for compliance .. we are in for a eye feast. smile.gif
Seacucumber
huge doen't mean nice....
look at Bruce......yuks!
Seacucumber
yeah!
found my fish for the competition liao!
i had already submitted my entry.....
now is to quarantine one of my fish and condition both of them....

widh me luck man!
square_guy
QUOTE(g-string @ Tue 30 Dec 2003 10:02 PM)
yeah!

widh me luck man!

wow, fast action. from AC?

any chance of a preview shiok.gif
HappyBuddha
yeah!

widh me luck man!

happydance.gif

Good luck!

It must be quite exciting to prepare for competition.
white horse T1
yeah!

widh me luck man!

why must be a pair? did not say so in the form what
HappyBuddha
I just read the amended entry form and you'll only need to submit a pair if your fish is between 10 cm to 13 cm. If it's above 14 cm, only one fish is necessary.
white horse T1
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Mon 05 Jan 2004 01:01 PM)
I just read the amended entry form and you'll only need to submit a pair if your fish is between 10 cm to 13 cm.  If it's above 14 cm, only one fish is necessary.

i tot 2 is the limit for that category 10-13 cm
so if u ve 1, it is still within the max limit, isn't it?

and 1 is the limit of for category > 14 cm
HappyBuddha
The limit of "1" applies to the different classes you can enter. Suppose you have two 15 cm ranchus, one black and the other a calico. No matter how nice they both are, you can only submit entry for either one. Your chosen ranchu will participate in Class 1 Category B becoz it's a ranchu and it's more than 14 cm.

If however, they are 10-13 cm nia, then you can and MUST enter both as a pair in Class 1 Category A.

I hope I interpreted the requirement correctly. unsure.gif
Inxs
just like to ask one pair ia refering to one male one female? Can send in 2 female?
Seacucumber
QUOTE(WongDanny @ Thu 08 Jan 2004 03:04 PM)
just like to ask one pair ia refering to one male one female?  Can send in 2 female?

can.....2 females or 2 males also can....
BUT...if 2 females, you must prove that they are Lesbians....
and for 2 males, you have to prove that they are Gay.....
biggrin.gif hahaha....

bro....they dun check the sex lah...
as long as they are a pair of compatible and matching fish can liao....
i mean red/white with red/white....
black with black....
good headgrowth with good headgrowth etc.....
CyberET
eh.. one male one female. later spawn in the display tank, laugh.gif
LASERGUY
Then, everybody have free tiger show lor..... shiok.gif
HappyBuddha
It's taking place next weekend!
Seacucumber
wah lanz....
sibay jialat.....i sian 1/2
even with special treatment and care, one of my competition fish kenna ulcer today!
i boring liao.... now treating.....dun think will recover in time for the competition....

cry.gif longpia.gif
CyberET
personally i feel the qh competition is more interesting than aquarama's goldfish section biggrin.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(CyberET @ Thu 05 Feb 2004 05:55 PM)
personally i feel the qh competition is more interesting than aquarama's goldfish section biggrin.gif

That's good to know, especially since it's a goldfish-only competition.

Good luck to our participating bros!

We'll all cheer for you guys. yes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.