Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outdoor Harvest Against Indoor Harvest
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
Dear bros
Just harvest some of my ranchus from an outdoor main pond and indoor pond.Fishes in their respactive environment for about a month.Please draw your own conclusion.from the attached pictures laugh.gif

indoor first

IPB Image

IPB Image
goldrush
All indoor

IPB Image

IPB Image
goldrush
These are from outdoor

IPB Image

IPB Image
goldrush
Some more outdoor

Please enjoy............. smile.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
Seacucumber
erm....you have equal number of fishes indoor and outdoors?? smile.gif
RBT
Hard to differentiate!!!!

Is it possible to put them together n at the same time give some details ie same batch or not,how much they have grown n age....

Thanks
The Matrix
What are the different form of setup between your indoor and outdoor ?

Indoor as in blue tub, MH lamp, tap water ?
Outdoor as in cement pond, sunlight and ground water ?

Same type of stocking level, same water change and same food ? Change in size ?

How to draw own conclusion where info are not given ....
nobnoba
I also have questions.
I just setup a tank outdoor, however it doesnt receive direct sunshine AT ALL. now, will that tank receive the same benefit as other outdoor tanks? (Supposedly fish outdoor will have better color thanks to sunlight.)
goldrush
QUOTE(g-string @ Wed, 06 Oct 2004 5:41 pm)
erm....you have equal number of fishes indoor and outdoors?? smile.gif

Yes I have equal fish in both outdoor and indoor.
goldrush
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Wed, 06 Oct 2004 6:36 pm)
What are the different form of setup between your indoor and outdoor ?

Indoor as in blue tub, MH lamp, tap water ?
Outdoor as in cement pond, sunlight and ground water ?

Same type of stocking level, same water change and same food ? Change in size ?

How to draw own conclusion where info are not given ....

No major difference as in filtration(sponge)No MH,No green water in indoors.Outdoor plastic tanks,only full sun
Daily change in water(up to 30%)Overnight tap for outdoor tanks.Tap water (no anti chlorine)for indoor tanks
5 days(100%)change of water
Food:up to five meals a day
1)Paste food comprising of Wheatgerm based,krill,vitaminC,honey and egg
2)JRL pellet
3)Frozen blood worm
4)Hikari sinkin pellet
5)Frozen spinach:minced for roudghage ,:to prevent constipation

From an average.It seems the indoor perform better in size and bulk(Maybe becos I 'm always present to personally feed them laugh.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 07 Oct 2004 9:22 am)
No major difference as in filtration(sponge)No MH,No green water in indoors.Outdoor plastic tanks,only full sun
Daily change in water(up to 30%)Overnight tap for outdoor tanks.Tap water (no anti chlorine)for indoor tanks
5 days(100%)change of water
Food:up to five meals a day
1)Paste food comprising of Wheatgerm based,krill,vitaminC,honey and egg
2)JRL pellet
3)Frozen blood worm
4)Hikari sinkin pellet
5)Frozen spinach:minced for roudghage ,:to prevent constipation

From an average.It seems the indoor perform better in size and bulk(Maybe becos I 'm always present to personally feed them laugh.gif

Wah seh ... overnight tap ... meaning the water in and overflow out continously ? Then the outdoor should not be a green water setup liao. Likely fading, tinted green, like those koi ponds I seen at some of the farms.

Both indoor and outdoor using the overnight tap method ?

Interesting, paste food. So far, only larger farm using such food to reduce cost. The wheatgerm based food is a powdered form right ?

Indoor no lamp, so an unfiltered water setup ?

My worthless comment hor, at the initial look, the indoor does show better coloration and also overall wen growth. But the outdoor fish looks better in term of build. Indoor fish too fat and a little out of shape.

Quite a lot of different in term of both in-door and outdoor keeping. If you could reduce the differences, that might be a better comparison.
goldrush
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Thu, 07 Oct 2004 9:35 am)
Wah seh ... overnight tap ... meaning the water in and overflow out continously ? Then the outdoor should not be a green water setup liao. Likely fading, tinted green, like those koi ponds I seen at some of the farms.

Both indoor and outdoor using the overnight tap method ?

Interesting, paste food. So far, only larger farm using such food to reduce cost. The wheatgerm based food is a powdered form right ?

Indoor no lamp, so an unfiltered water setup ?

My worthless comment hor, at the initial look, the indoor does show better coloration and also overall wen growth. But the outdoor fish looks better in term of build. Indoor fish too fat and a little out of shape.

Quite a lot of different in term of both in-door and outdoor keeping. If you could reduce the differences, that might be a better comparison.

No no dont get me wrong.Overnight as in stored for at least 24 hrs in a reservoir before introducing it after water change
You can actually blend hikari wheatgerm large pellet into powder form using the grinder(dry form)to save cost

Indoor filtered thro sponge only yes.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 07 Oct 2004 9:47 am)
No no dont get me wrong.Overnight as in stored for at least 24 hrs in a reservoir before introducing it after water change
You can actually blend hikari  wheatgerm large pellet into powder form using the grinder(dry form)to save cost

Indoor filtered thro sponge only yes.gif

Oh ... paisey ...
so ...
indoor filtered clear water, outdoor no filtered (no info is it green water)
indoor no light, outdoor sunlight
indoor no direct tap water and no anti-CL, outdoor overnight water storage
indoor 5 days 100% change, outdoor daily 30% change

Food the same for indoor and outdoor ?
How come indoor u feed personally and outdoor not leh ? Not in the same plot of land right ?
goldrush
Sorry to add that the blackies are isolated(No intent of anyracial discrimination)in a 150 litres tub by themselves.Subjected to same outdoor regimen.
However they show the slowest growth.Any bros experience such rate in relation to black colored ranchus

Here more black fotos

IPB Image

IPB Image
goldrush
hi matrix ,pasey to cause such confusion longpia.gif

http://rafflesgold.dyndns.org/~rg/images/0...orry_Matrix.doc
CHLeong
Yes, my black ranchu don't seem to be growing as compared to others. (outdoor envirnoment).
goldrush
QUOTE(CHLeong @ Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:54 am)
Yes, my black ranchu don't seem to be growing as compared to others. (outdoor envirnoment).

thxs bro CHLeong for your assurance that I'm not alone..Maybe bo ho cheng leh (especially shot body type) hmm.gif

regards

Goldrush
CHLeong
Bro, you are welcome.
Learn from my zoo keeper friend, TLC, Tender Loving Care, it will grow.

CHLeong
CP
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:14 am)
Sorry to add that the blackies are isolated(No intent of anyracial discrimination)in a 150 litres tub by themselves.Subjected to same outdoor regimen.
However they show the slowest growth.Any bros experience such rate in relation to black colored ranchus

Here more black fotos

My view on blackies.
1)Slow growth
2)Sleep more
3)More easily succumb to diesase ie weaker resistance
4)Also shows white "infections",sometimes slimy, as shown in the photo.But will go away naturally without any treatment
5)Makes most noise when fed floating pellets

Overall higher mortality rate compared to others.But one of my favourites.
The Matrix
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:50 am)
hi matrix ,pasey to cause such confusion longpia.gif

OHHHH ... got it now ... peace.gif

I still find the outdoor ones nicer. Not too sure the photo doing the trick, but really I go for those outdoor. I find the color richer and deeper.

Will you try one that do not have daily change ?
And another without filter ?
The Matrix
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:14 am)

Here more black fotos

Yup, mine thai black also slow slow ... chinese ones fast leh.
Seacucumber
mine also slow.....
damn it, only 1 inch in 6 months!!!!

well, blackies are not that bad....
as for those white slimy stuffs, i usually clean them with cotton buds every now and then....especially in the crevices on the head....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.