Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Butterfly Tail Dragon Eyes
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Pages: 1, 2
The Matrix
A sudden surge in Butterfly Tail Dragon Eyes 蝶尾龙睛 appreciation ? hmmmm ....

Ok, me start a gallery to look at this wonderful beauties ... No cut/Paste from other site please ....

got this piece at a small lfs. 4 bucks, great price !
Paisey, dun ask for side view pic ....

IPB Image
GF Lover
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Tue, 26 Oct 2004 9:25 pm)
A sudden surge in Butterfly Tail Dragon Eyes 蝶尾龙睛 appreciation ? hmmmm ....

Ok, me start a gallery to look at this wonderful beauties ... No cut/Paste from other site please ....

got this piece at a small lfs. 4 bucks, great price !
Paisey, dun ask for side view pic ....

Ayoh for 4 bucks no need to be paisey. Must say heng, because my friend paid so many times more for a similar one from a LFS (the one always claiming their fish from Japan but actually from Thailand and Malaysia). This time really paisey to say how many times more than you fish.

BTW I think your fish more beautiful than my friend's fish.
The Matrix
QUOTE(goldfish Lover @ Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:39 pm)
Ayoh for 4 bucks no need to be paisey. Must say heng, because my friend paid so many times more for a similar one from a LFS (the one always claiming their fish from Japan but actually from Thailand and Malaysia). This time really paisey to say how many times more than you fish.

BTW I think your fish more beautiful than my friend's fish.

Japan got meh ? They also import from China one lah. I recalled some sites selling at 300-500 Yen. If re-export out, i rather go for original China one.

I guess I quite in deep love with Panda pattern. Bery chio.
Ed Yeo
Went to Qian Hu yesterday to look for some...those currently there...not so good, so did not buy. I am looking for the red/white butterflies...anyone care to share where u can get them ? Or for that matter, anyone got some to unload ? tongue.gif
GF Lover
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:42 pm)
Japan got meh ? They also import from China one lah. I recalled some sites selling at 300-500 Yen. If re-export out, i rather go for original China one.

I guess I quite in deep love with Panda pattern. Bery chio.

Just like electronic goods. Made in China, ship to Japan for QC become made in Japan. You don't know meh! People very easy kena con one. Like my friend, after spending several thousand dollars then realized it. Like kena "kong tau". Want goldfish only know how to go to that LFS.
The Matrix
QUOTE(Ed Yeo @ Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:35 am)
Went to Qian Hu yesterday to look for some...those currently there...not so good, so did not buy. I am looking for the red/white butterflies...anyone care to share where u can get them ? Or for that matter, anyone got some to unload ? tongue.gif

Go to LCK ... there is a koi farm that got a few tubs of goldfish. Also got ranchu and ryukins. A tub of interesting coloration butterfly also.

QUOTE(goldfish Lover @ Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:04 am)
Just like electronic goods. Made in China, ship to Japan for QC become made in Japan. You don't know meh! People very easy kena con one. Like my friend, after spending several thousand dollars then realized it. Like kena "kong tau". Want goldfish only know how to go to that LFS.

hahahahaha ... i know which lfs already ... the famous con shop that many other hobbyists "love" to go and donate money to their imitation japan fish. Ok let's not talk about this ... hahahahahaha lost my appetite for lunch ..
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:16 pm)
Go to LCK ... there is a koi farm that got a few tubs of goldfish. Also got ranchu and ryukins. A tub of interesting coloration butterfly also.
hahahahaha ... i know which lfs already ... the famous con shop that many other hobbyists "love" to go and donate money to their imitation japan fish. Ok let's not talk about this ... hahahahahaha lost my appetite for lunch ..

Ai! I thought they close down already?
How can they survive with their trick being known?
You mean there are still ppl who patronise meh? rolleyes.gif
GF Lover
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:16 pm)
hahahahaha ...

LCK so big with so many Koi farm. Which one?
GF Lover
QUOTE(top_view_ranchu @ Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:42 pm)
Ai! I thought they close down already?
How can they survive with their trick being known?
You mean there are still ppl who patronise meh? rolleyes.gif

Every day got new people born and got new people start ranchu hobby. Surely everyday got new people kena con.
medusa
Sorry guys, FYI,I bought 2 of this type (Panda) it changes colour. 1 of them used to be white and black combination now turn greyish color. the other 1 a black and gold turn to black. tongue.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(medusa @ Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:25 pm)
Sorry guys, FYI,I bought 2 of this type (Panda) it changes colour. 1 of them used to be white and black combination now turn greyish color. the other 1 a black and  gold turn to black. tongue.gif

U ever saw a panda bear with golden color ? Panda refer to pure black and white only.

Your 2nd fish is a tie-bao-jin 铁包金 or red/black.

Do check your water parameters, maintain as low N by-product as possible and regular water change. Black coloration is not easy to maintain.
mountain
another one

IPB Image
LASERGUY
QUOTE(mountain @ Fri, 29 Oct 2004 8:26 pm)
another one

You bought new fish ???
The Matrix
QUOTE(mountain @ Fri, 29 Oct 2004 8:26 pm)
another one

Not bad wor ... eyes a little small only.
mountain
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:35 am)
Not bad wor ... eyes a little small only.

first time keeping dragon eyes .. so no idea wat is the idea size .. if u didn't mention it, i don't even know this size is considered small .. ohmy.gif
articguardian
I don't like huge eyes. So scary... Anyway, I know why the Chinese want to breed goldfishes that have huge upturn eyes. So that they will always look up to heaven. tongue.gif Heehee... see I know so many things about goldfish also right?
The Matrix
It's a BROWN !!!! Shocking BROWN !!!

IPB Image
Seacucumber
where the hell u get this fellow??
gorgeous tail....
top_view_ranchu
Gorgeous color! Resembles a Tosakin tail!
Very nice fish indeed!
Do you think the color will change?
mountain
QUOTE(top_view_ranchu @ Fri, 05 Nov 2004 10:50 pm)
Gorgeous color! Resembles a Tosakin tail!
Very nice fish indeed!
Do you think the color will change?

Tosakin Tail? dun look like to me lei ..
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(mountain @ Fri, 05 Nov 2004 10:59 pm)
Tosakin Tail? dun look like to me lei ..

I do not know much about most goldfish, but so far Tosakin and Butterfly interest me most! I thought Butterfly have divided tails (just like buttlefly)?
Not too sure leh! blush.gif But dont look like the tail is divided?
I always feel that Tosakin's flat and open tail looks elegant!
mountain
QUOTE(top_view_ranchu @ Fri, 05 Nov 2004 11:12 pm)
I do not know much about most goldfish, but so far Tosakin and Butterfly interest me most! I thought Butterfly have divided tails (just like buttlefly)?
Not too sure leh! blush.gif  But dont look like the tail is divided?
I always feel that Tosakin's flat and open tail looks elegant!

keke.. i also dunno ..

anyway, G-string thinks the tail is gorgeous .. suppose the tail is opened a good way up .. then i think the tail is very big .. swee ah
The Matrix
Fish from Seaview. cheap cheap but my MRT/bus fare more expensive than the fish .... quite small and hidding at a corner among some blue/brown fish.

nope, TVR, not a tosakin tail. Splited one.

Usually blue/brown line should stay quite consistent coloration. Deepen eventually. Hopefully the blue dun come out. Brown is real tough to find.
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sat, 06 Nov 2004 12:07 am)
Fish from Seaview. cheap cheap but my MRT/bus fare more expensive than the fish .... quite small and hidding at a corner among some blue/brown fish.

nope, TVR, not a tosakin tail. Splited one.

Usually blue/brown line should stay quite consistent coloration. Deepen eventually. Hopefully the blue dun come out. Brown is real tough to find.

OIC, but the tail must be very strong the way it stays up! Nice!
I wonder if butterfly do have a tail like Tosakin?
To me it will be a perfect match then! yes.gif
Bro Matrix, if you ever ever ever come across in any LFS! Please buy for me can? tongue.gif
mountain
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sat, 06 Nov 2004 12:07 am)
Fish from Seaview.

rusure.gif damn .. mad.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(top_view_ranchu @ Sat, 06 Nov 2004 8:40 am)
OIC, but the tail must be very strong the way it stays up! Nice!
I wonder if butterfly do have a tail like Tosakin?
To me it will be a perfect match then! yes.gif
Bro Matrix, if you ever ever ever come across in any LFS! Please buy for me can? tongue.gif

Tail not strong. Require a lot of attention than ranchu just to keep it in position and even growth on both eyes. That's the challenge of keeping a butt nice.

Tail not the same as tosakin.

buy for you har ? hahahahahahaha in hokkien short form, TKK ...
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sat, 06 Nov 2004 11:50 am)
Tail not strong. Require a lot of attention than ranchu just to keep it in position and even growth on both eyes. That's the challenge of keeping a butt nice.

Tail not the same as tosakin.

buy for you har ? hahahahahahaha in hokkien short form, TKK ...

Hahahaha... tongue.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Fri, 05 Nov 2004 9:39 pm)
It's a BROWN !!!! Shocking BROWN !!!

Just an update .... it's 40 odds day and doubled in size.

IPB Image
Allan
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sun, 19 Dec 2004 11:02 pm)

Nice! It has changed. The eyes look like a different type, while the first ray of its tails was arc but now kinked. unsure.gif But that's the beauty of goldfish; changes.
LASERGUY
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sun, 19 Dec 2004 11:02 pm)

I thought it was a rare brown fish initially (which is more desirable ?), but now it had darken closer to black ? But then it may be because of the effect of camera's flash ? unsure.gif
Seacucumber
wah......
u pump your fish during QT???? ohmy.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(Allan @ Mon, 20 Dec 2004 7:18 am)
Nice!  It has changed.  The eyes look like a different type, while the first ray of its tails was arc but now kinked.  unsure.gif  But that's the beauty of goldfish; changes.

Ya lor. small small can only see a little bit. aiya, can save a dying fish good enough liao. clever, it's a different type of eyes.

QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:13 pm)
I thought it was a rare brown fish initially (which is more desirable ?), but now it had darken closer to black ? But then it may be because of the effect of camera's flash ?  unsure.gif

it's still brown under the hot sun. somehow with flash, darker look.
The Matrix
QUOTE(g-string @ Mon, 20 Dec 2004 7:13 pm)
wah......
u pump your fish during QT???? ohmy.gif

of course lah, how not to feed for 1 mth meh.

even human medication also "take after/before meal" ... no eat where got strength to tahan the yellow powder and salt for so long.
The Matrix
Still brown .... and 90 odds days later ...

恭喜又发财, 好运不断来. 添子又添丁, 家和万事兴. 五海创事业, 金钱一蝶蝶 ...

Happy Lunar New Year !

IPB Image
ball
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:54 pm)
Still brown .... and 90 odds days later ...

恭喜又发财, 好运不断来. 添子又添丁, 家和万事兴. 五海创事业, 金钱一蝶蝶 ...

Happy Lunar New Year !

Beautiful. Have gone to sea view, QH, mainland recently, just cannot find any good butterfly. Saw one in QH last week with very beautiful tail, unfortunately, one eye big and one eye damn small. Totally out of balance. Was holding the fish and wonder why god so unfair to this beautiful "tail". hahaha
The Matrix
QUOTE(ball @ Tue, 08 Feb 2005 12:20 am)
Beautiful. Have gone to sea view, QH, mainland recently, just cannot find any good butterfly. Saw one in QH last week with very beautiful tail, unfortunately, one eye big and one eye damn small. Totally out of balance. Was holding the fish and wonder why god so unfair to this beautiful "tail". hahaha

got lah, just got this over the weekend ....
3 lope butterfly tail ... chio chio fish.

big small eyes unless too obvious lah. still can try try mah. no good then throw away lor.

IPB Image
ball
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Tue, 08 Feb 2005 12:01 pm)
got lah, just got this over the weekend ....
3 lope butterfly tail ... chio chio fish.

big small eyes unless too obvious lah. still can try try mah. no good then throw away lor.

Click to view attachment

Wah lau, where you got this ah ???
Regarding the big small eyes ... its so obviouse, one side is dragon eyes, one side flat eyes lah.
mountain
simi 3 lope butterfly tail?
YLD
QUOTE(ball @ Tue, 08 Feb 2005 12:20 am)

can try your luck at blue aquarium.

cheers
ranchette
Where is blue aquarium??
mountain
some culls in the lfs .. wat the heck .. price of a bowl of char kuay teow

IPB Image

oh yah .. i hope u can find my signature in the photo nap1.gif
ball
QUOTE(mountain @ Fri, 18 Feb 2005 9:37 pm)

Click to view attachment

oh yah .. i hope u can find my signature in the photo  nap1.gif

Very nice mah. Cull meh?
I will buy if i spot it too.
ball
QUOTE(mountain @ Fri, 18 Feb 2005 9:37 pm)

Click to view attachment

oh yah .. i hope u can find my signature in the photo  nap1.gif

I bought a similar one from QH last week too. $3.00. Price of a Char Kway Teow too.
The Matrix
WAH LIAO !!!!! That's a cull ? Good fish.

Today also went shopping around and caught one unique color piece. Not brown, not black, something like a bronze coloration. Definitely not a faded black type.

Must be QH remaining fishes all distributed out before CNY and most are skinny one ...

How come u guys paid so cheap one ... i bargan down from $4.50 to $2.80 ... yi fatt yi fatt hahahaha ... somemore must buy a box of bloodworm then give me discount.
mountain
i will see if it survis and i wil try ti pump it up..
ball
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sat, 19 Feb 2005 2:16 am)
WAH LIAO !!!!! That's a cull ? Good fish.

Today also went shopping around and caught one unique color piece. Not brown, not black, something like a bronze coloration. Definitely not a faded black type.

Must be QH remaining fishes all distributed out before CNY and most are skinny one ...

How come u guys paid so cheap one ... i bargan down from $4.50 to $2.80 ... yi fatt yi fatt hahahaha ... somemore must buy a box of bloodworm then give me discount.

Still cheaper by 20 cents mah. For cheap fish like this, 20 cent discount not bad liao. Go primary school canteen can get you a pineapple drink.
The Matrix
long time no put up pic ....

IPB Image
yckhor
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Wed, 15 Jun 2005 4:21 pm)
long time no put up pic ....

wah lau leh.. hand ichy liao....
damn nice lah... the coloration.
so, any guideline for choosing a good one?
The Matrix
QUOTE(yckhor @ Wed, 15 Jun 2005 5:23 pm)
wah lau leh.. hand ichy liao....
damn nice lah... the coloration.
so, any guideline for choosing a good one?

other than the tail, the head and eyes not as good leh. only give an average grade to this piece.

not much criteria, just try to know what's a dragon eyes will do and of course a tail of a butterfly.
ball
With a black background, flowing butterfly tail, two bulging eyes, and the angle of the pic, look like a spaceship. Although eyes not big enough, but the colour and tail is enough to make me a happy owner if I were to own it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.