Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where can I buy green water
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
articguardian
can you buy green water? from where?
I can't "make" any green water! cry.gif
CP
QUOTE(articguardian @ Fri, 29 Oct 2004 3:38 pm)
I can't "make" any green water!  cry.gif

see this link
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=435
articguardian
Well... The thing is the place that I live in is very windy and not much sun comes into the house. If I were to turn on my lamp just to cultivate green water my mom would probably scream at me and shove the monthly electrical bill under my nose. tongue.gif you get the picture.
CP
QUOTE(articguardian @ Fri, 29 Oct 2004 4:22 pm)
Well... The thing is the place that I live in is very windy and not much sun comes into the house. If I were to turn on my lamp just to cultivate green water my mom would probably scream at me and shove the monthly electrical bill under my nose.  you get the picture.

Well,you'll just have to deal with your mom,just like I have to deal with my wife.
bash.gif
A word of caution.Not only bills,its tiring as well.See this link

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6
nobnoba
articguardian,
wake up from your wishful thinking. because, even if you can buy greenwater, you still need natural sunlight or artificial light to make the algae stay alive!
The Matrix
QUOTE(articguardian @ Fri, 29 Oct 2004 4:21 pm)
Well... The thing is the place that I live in is very windy and not much sun comes into the house. If I were to turn on my lamp just to cultivate green water my mom would probably scream at me and shove the monthly electrical bill under my nose.  tongue.gif  you get the picture.

It is not a MUST to obtain green water. It will depends on how far you want to go. If really due to some constraints, dun do ! Dun force yourself to follow without the knowledge.

So just maintain a good water quality and perform the basic - that's Change Water !

shiok.gif

Wanna buy har ? I got tonnes of it every months. How much u offer ?

Those are waste water liao. Buy for wat ?
Seacucumber
eh Matrix,
good chance wor.....sell lah......start small and who knows next time your greenwater company get listed!!
The Matrix
QUOTE(g-string @ Fri, 29 Oct 2004 9:45 pm)
eh Matrix,
good chance wor.....sell lah......start small and who knows next time your greenwater company get listed!!

siao meh .... sell dirty water. If black black brown brown one still can fake fake machiam blackish water extract.
articguardian
You all are so bad! Cheat some young unsuspecting victims! tongue.gif hmmp... Don't friend you already.
The Matrix
QUOTE(articguardian @ Fri, 29 Oct 2004 3:38 pm)
I can't "make" any green water!  cry.gif

QUOTE(articguardian @ Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:41 am)
You all are so bad! Cheat some young unsuspecting victims!  tongue.gif hmmp... Don't friend you already.

Still say we bad har ....

at least now u know there is no such thing as green water for sale. If someone really sell, then u better be careful liao.
articguardian
But I mean like medicine that comes in bottle, green water can come in bottles too right. Haha... nvm. You think I so stupid ar?
mrchoco
if we can start from scratch, you also can one.
GF Lover
I am still very confused about the use of green water. I noticed both the Vermillion Club and Ozeki Club advocate the use of green water. Our "consultant" Geert on the other hand do not. He mentioned in one of the threads that it is outdated. I know of some TVR hobbyist being successful without using green water and some with greenwater. Can anyone help me clear the air? Greenwater or clear water. Which is better?

Given a choice, I would want to be successful in keeping my goldfish without using greenwater. goldfish is meant to be appreciated by viewing them, not hidden in greenwater.

I would appreciate if anyone can share their success story using clear water.
desireless
It is a matter of CHOICE.

Either use green water in simple setup OR clear water with effect filtration and regular water change. You cannot see your fishes in green water and thus cannot immediately react when your fishes are sick. Yet, it ensures minimal toxins (zero) and thus provides most ideal environment for your fish. On the other hand, you can 'admire' your fish in clear water and can arrest any problem almost immediately. Yet, there's always a nitrate problem, thus you have to religiously change water.

For me, I am lazy. So I choose the easier method of goldfish keeping by using green water. So long as I maintain the regualr check on my fishes, I know that at all time they are in good living environment in green water. Water Change (for green water) is 90% every 7-10 days. Even when I am not home one whole day, i know the fishes are well-fed because the green water algae is a good source of food! I have used clear water before and it is 20% every 3 days and 100% every 10 days. And of course, washing of filters is no joke.

For the more blessed hobbyists staying in countries like Thailand and Indonesia, where water is dam cheap, they can afford the clear-water trickling method. And it works well even with no filtration.
The Matrix
QUOTE(goldfish Lover @ Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:25 am)
I am still very confused about the use of green water. I noticed both the Vermillion Club and Ozeki Club advocate the use of green water. Our "consultant" Geert on the other hand do not. He mentioned in one of the threads that it is outdated. I know of some TVR hobbyist being successful without using green water and some with greenwater. Can anyone help me clear the air? Greenwater or clear water. Which is better?

Given a choice, I would want to be successful in keeping my goldfish without using greenwater. goldfish is meant to be appreciated by viewing them, not hidden in greenwater.

I would appreciate if anyone can share their success story using clear water.

One keeping method will never be the same as the others. Weight the advantages and disadvantages and understand yourself. No method will suit you until the one that really suit the your own personal needs.
Jos Nana
Errr, Geert is using clear water without filtration. Dun anyhow assume and make baseless comparison.

If your water is green, your fish is not sick. Simple as that ! No such thing as cannot see fish so dunno they are sick or not.
desireless
I have always believed that if fish get sick, the green water will turn brown in response. That was proven when my fish contracted gill flukes once. The green water turned brown within 3-4 days.

However, I had another incident when one fish in the green water tub contracted fungus attack and fin rot and there were white poos and uneaten food. Yet the water was still green that time.

So I started to wonder if green water will give the sign to only certain sickness unsure.gif
Jos Nana
QUOTE(desireless @ Sun, 31 Oct 2004 5:08 pm)
I have always believed that if fish get sick, the green water will turn brown in response. That was proven when my fish contracted gill flukes once. The green water turned brown within 3-4 days.

However, I had another incident when one fish in the green water tub contracted fungus attack and fin rot and there were white poos and uneaten food. Yet the water was still green that time.

So I started to wonder if green water will give the sign to only certain sickness  unsure.gif

Your water change cyle is too long 7-10 days 90% only, derterioraitaion of green at intense green stage is hardly visible. Try a shorter cycle and increase to 95%.

If your fishes are contracting gill flukes, fungus and finrot while you are keeping them, i think you better review your quanrantine methods and procedures.
desireless
QUOTE(Jos Nana @ Sun, 31 Oct 2004 5:36 pm)
Your water change cyle is too long 7-10 days 90% only, derterioraitaion of green at intense green stage is hardly visible. Try a shorter cycle and increase to 95%.

If your fishes are contracting gill flukes, fungus and finrot while you are keeping them, i think you better review your quanrantine methods and procedures.

Oh.... That should explain why my green water didn't turn brown when my fishes are sicked.
Seacucumber
from my experience, water will turn brown if parasites are present....
and if greenwater dies, which i mean the algae dies and sink to the bottom and water starts to clear, it might indicate presence of bacteria.....

so far, i think if QT is done right, chance of hitting fungus are highly unlikely....
Jos Nana
QUOTE(g-string @ Wed, 03 Nov 2004 8:15 am)
from my experience, water will turn brown if parasites are present....
and if greenwater dies, which i mean the algae dies and sink to the bottom and water starts to clear, it might indicate presence of bacteria.....

so far, i think if QT is done right, chance of hitting fungus are highly unlikely....

Wow, years of spotting strays from the longkang behind your house has yield fruit.

Good for you !
The Matrix
QUOTE(Jos Nana @ Thu, 04 Nov 2004 3:49 pm)
Wow, years of spotting strays from the longkang behind your house has yield fruit.

Good for you !

hahahahahaha .... it just a matter of time. still lacking but improving.
desireless

Good for you !

hahaha... reminds me of something... his fishes at the backyard always have chiku to eat one!
Seacucumber

Good for you !

how u know??
a bloody chiku tree keep dropping chiku into my tub....
mountain
chiku good .. basket .. nowadays a lot of young kids dunno how to enjoy a sweet chiku .
they only know apple and orange and durain and mango .. geezzz..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.