Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What food to feed Orandas?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
hazie
Hi guys,

Just wanted some recommendations of fish feed to give to my Orandas cos the one I have is not good as it is too generalised and have no idea what feed is good for them, what kind, what size, etc.

Any good ones to recommend? By the way, they are still junior Orandas... about 1" plus in length only... smile.gif

Thanks... wink.gif
GF Lover
QUOTE(hazie @ Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:39 am)
Hi guys,

Just wanted some recommendations of fish feed to give to my Orandas cos the one I have is not good as it is too generalised and have no idea what feed is good for them, what kind, what size, etc.

Any good ones to recommend? By the way, they are still junior Orandas... about 1" plus in length only...  smile.gif

Thanks...  wink.gif
Do you want the head to be really big or not so big? Hikari Lionhead is by far the best value for money and you cannot go wrong using it. There are some other brands which sells for more than twice its amount. You have to decide. Petmart sells the 350gms for $6.80 a packet. Once they even sell it for $6.50 a packet. Junior or fry, the pellet size will soften after a while in the water and the goldfish will nibble on it.

Just watch out for the colour fading if you keep it indoor. goldfish needs some sunlight to give it colour.
The Matrix
QUOTE(hazie @ Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:39 am)
Hi guys,

Any good ones to recommend? By the way, they are still junior Orandas... about 1" plus in length only...  smile.gif

Thanks...  wink.gif

no diff on food. But your fish very small leh. Most of the food recommended here are for larger fish. Even Hikari lionhead also not suitable liao. Try to find small pellets if possible. U can always ask Goldrush on how he made paste food from dried food.
hazie
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sun, 31 Oct 2004 1:39 pm)
no diff on food. But your fish very small leh. Most of the food recommended here are for larger fish. Even Hikari lionhead also not suitable liao. Try to find small pellets if possible. U can always ask Goldrush on how he made paste food from dried food.

He makes him own dried food??? Wow... impressive... Hehe.... tongue.gif

Hmm... Hikari Lionhead is the really big bag ones is it? Err... Ok if my GFs still junior then what ingredients should I look out for? Are you saying that most GFs' food are the same?

Well, the tank can't get any sunlight so I guess they won't be very red then ya? They are now "orangey" in colour...
goldrush
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sun, 31 Oct 2004 1:39 pm)

I dont manufacture my food but rather modify them to suit my fish according to age,size or whether to color enhanced them.For details pls read my thread under paste food. Thxs Matrix for the referral hahaha

regards

Goldrush yes.gif
CP
See this link

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1644
goldrush
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Mon, 01 Nov 2004 10:58 am)

good_very.gif good_very.gif good_very.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.