Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big community
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
articguardian
Can ranchu and oranda live together? My father say cannot. But my aunt has this really spectacular fish tank with all the different goldfishes inside. She keeps orandas, ranchu, pearlscale and even the celestial eyes altogether. So can or cannot?

PS. Has anyone try rearing oranda with ranchu before? how was it?
GF Lover
QUOTE(articguardian @ Wed, 03 Nov 2004 2:45 pm)
Can ranchu and oranda live together? My father say cannot. But my aunt has this really spectacular fish tank with all the different goldfishes inside. She keeps orandas, ranchu, pearlscale and even the celestial eyes altogether. So can or cannot?

PS. Has anyone try rearing oranda with ranchu before? how was it?

Your aunt already answers your question.
RanchuGOD
Most goldfish species can be mixed together but it is not advisable.

Their feeding nature would be different. You might end up seeing your Orandas or Ryukins outgrowing your other fishes.

Another reason is the habbits. You can sometimes see Oranda chasing and attacking it's own kind (weaker ones) in the same tank. But seldomly you see ranchus doing that.
Dymax
I am keeping ranchu, oranda, pearl scale together but nothing happen.

What I observed:

i) Most shy probably is oranda, maybe because they swim quite fast.
ii) Most clumsy is pearl scale, they can't even control their direction, just bounce here and there.
iii) Most friendly (to human) and most rude to other fishes will be ranchu. They keep colliding with other fishes. cry.gif
they have different eating habit also. But with patience and care, I don't see the problem (ocassionally esp when tail rot happen, pearl scale likes to snip off the edges of the tail of oranda) and they live happily in the comm tank. tongue.gif
Panda_ranchu
QUOTE(Dymax @ Fri, 05 Nov 2004 3:56 pm)
I am keeping ranchu, oranda, pearl scale together but nothing happen.

What I observed:

i) Most shy probably is oranda, maybe because they swim quite fast.
ii) Most clumsy is pearl scale, they can't even control their direction, just bounce here and there.
iii) Most friendly (to human) and most rude to other fishes will be ranchu. They keep colliding with other fishes.  cry.gif
they have different eating habit also. But with patience and care, I don't see the problem (ocassionally esp when tail rot happen, pearl scale likes to snip off the edges of the tail of oranda) and they live happily in the comm tank.  tongue.gif

That' s a good one.... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.