Pages: 1, 2
mountain
Something i haven't done ...

here ya go..

IPB Image

IPB Image
mountain
IPB Image

shiok.gif butt shot for u freaks.... haven't seen one ard for quite sometime..

IPB Image
mountain
check this out.. an odd piece of white wen

IPB Image
CyberET
Oversized Linked Image (Click to Expand)
IPB Image

IPB Image

beer1.gif

cheers.. lets all post all the fishes we got from GnG biggrin.gif
LASERGUY
QUOTE(mountain @ Sat 20 Dec 2003 12:06 PM)
Something i haven't done ...

here ya go..

IPB Image

IPB Image

Oh, so you got the same problem as one of my GNG fish.
The top part of the tail is slightly deformed. The reverse "Y" problem.
Seacucumber
nice pics and most important nice fishes too....
prefer the one in the 1st pic...
mountain
all the 3 duds have some problem with their tails openin .. well .. maybe my tank is too high... always up and down .. no chance to waggle the tail..
Seacucumber
side view fish never mind mah....
tail close also ok...
kingyoo
All of you have wonderful goldfish. I am humbled by your appreciation of beauty in the form of ranchu.

*bows head and kneels* beg1.gif :
white horse T1
cybeET,

i like yr first one best. chunky and good head growth with nice cheek. will sure turn out a nice beauty when fully grown
square_guy
very nice! u must be one of the 1st few?
white horse T1
QUOTE(mountain @ Sat 20 Dec 2003 12:11 PM)
check this out.. an odd piece of white wen

IPB Image

yr fish also very nice. colour is densely red on the head.

these g N G have really grow in less than a mth that u guys got it. feeding a lot is it??
mountain
wait hor.. bef4 some of u get too excited,
my camera is digital viewcam hor. it will do some auto-color correct.
so u need to "downgrade" the coloring hue a bit. same same for the black ranchu pics.
CyberET
bad news.. i lost 3 of them cry.gif
CyberET
QUOTE(whtan1 @ Sun 21 Dec 2003 01:36 PM)
cybeET,

i like yr first one best.  chunky and good head growth with nice cheek.  will sure turn out a nice beauty when fully grown

its the most recent one i bought from GnG
CyberET
QUOTE(square_guy @ Sun 21 Dec 2003 03:07 PM)
very nice! u must be one of the 1st few?

nope.. they were bought a few months ago.. and raised in green water..
CyberET
QUOTE(hun citizen @ Tue 23 Dec 2003 01:28 AM)
What happened, CyberET???

used too big a heater for too small a volume of water... water overheat.. fish suffocate and die cry.gif

150watt heater in a 1ft tank...

temperature went too high.. and they suffocated... they were in the heater for 3 days and were fine..

my itchy hand.. i shouldn't have adjusted the dial and not observe them for the next few hours.. weep.gif

i took them out of green water to quarantine for white spots.. accidental cross infection from a qh fish i bought recently.. (never wash hand)

now i'm left with 3 out of 6 broken_heart.gif
square_guy
QUOTE(CyberET @ Tue 23 Dec 2003 12:09 AM)
bad news.. i lost 3 of them cry.gif

hey man, sorry to hear that sad.gif
mountain
cry.gif oh no .. not a heater incident again!! cry.gif
Ronald
Indeed a sad loss....my sympathy, esp the one wif the white wen at the forehead.

But correct me if I'm wrong....I tot goldfish should never be treated with heater.
Any infection juz quarantine with adequate medicine & salt is good enough??
CyberET
was using heater to accelerate the treatment.. sad.gif
white horse T1
my heart ache for u also.
pls take good care of the rest. i will miss my fravorite one. unsure.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(mountain @ Sat 20 Dec 2003 12:08 PM)
shiok.gif butt shot for u freaks.... haven't seen one ard for quite sometime..

Freak here appreciates the butt shot! That's a single anal fin dude (or babe)!

Since you're in a photo taking mood... I share with you a simple trick.

For side-profile shots, it's best to aim your camera directly at the fish at a perfectly horizontal level.This way there's no lens distortion. The problem is, often time, you can see a reflection of your camera on the tank's wall.

To overcome this problem, tilt your tank (hopefully a small one) by raising the back up a few millimeters (I use 2 cigarette lighters on each corner). Now the glass wall is slanted and the reflection of your camera will not show up! This method works well to get rid of the burnt image of your flash too. You hardly ever see ET's pics with his camera reflection becoz he uses a plastic betta tub that has slanted walls (but plastic not very transparent).

Cheers, and take more pics!

IPB Image
Inxs
QUOTE(CyberET @ Tue 23 Dec 2003 01:35 AM)
used too big a heater for too small a volume of water... water overheat.. fish suffocate and die  cry.gif

150watt heater in a 1ft tank...

temperature went too high.. and they suffocated... they were in the heater for 3 days and were fine..

my itchy hand.. i shouldn't have adjusted the dial and not observe them for the next few hours.. weep.gif

i took them out of green water to quarantine for white spots.. accidental cross infection from a qh fish i bought recently.. (never wash hand)

now i'm left with 3 out of 6 broken_heart.gif

Haiz! Shouldn't have happen mah. I have describe in my post on white spot. About it liao. Sorry to hear it too.
mountain
thanks for the photo taking tip HB.
btw, all my 3 gng ranchu have single anal fins. GnG group say is alright though.. i would have prefer a pair. it would look more symmetric as a whole, too bad that night i am too excited to bargain for lower price happydance.gif
white horse T1
QUOTE(mountain @ Tue 23 Dec 2003 04:42 PM)
btw, all my 3 gng ranchu have single anal fins. GnG group say is alright though.. i would have prefer a pair. it would look more symmetric as a whole, too bad that night i am too excited to bargain for lower price  happydance.gif

GNG can bargain also mah? even after u order it and due for collection?

$25 -30 bucks a piece right... how much reduction $10??
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(mountain @ Tue 23 Dec 2003 04:42 PM)
btw, all my 3 gng ranchu have single anal fins. GnG group say is alright though.. i would have prefer a pair. it would look more symmetric as a whole, too bad that night i am too excited to bargain for lower price  happydance.gif

Funny why you think two anal fins are more "balanced" then just one. I prefer one anal fin becoz it's more balance to me that way. You ever see fishes with two dorsal fins? Kekeke. But of course, a pair of anal fins is more ... natural for goldfish.

In top-view competition very little weight is placed on the anal fins; can't see them from the top. But in side-view competition they do look at the anal fins. I understand the Thais would disqualify a goldfish, no matter what, if it only has one anal fin!

So much for my preference. biggrin.gif

Take a closer look at your ranchu; the lone fin stick out from the left, or the right side of the ... anal hole? Bet you never notice that! Ah... there goes my claim that it's more balanced! NOT! mad.gif
mountain
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Tue 23 Dec 2003 05:12 PM)
Take a closer look at your ranchu; the lone fin stick out from the left, or the right side of the ... anal hole?  Bet you never notice that!  Ah... there goes my claim that it's more balanced!  NOT!  mad.gif

beg1.gif HappyBuddha beg2.gif
CyberET
erm.. don't slant the wall too much also, will cause too much refraction and the fish looks out of proportion smile.gif
CyberET
updates anyone?
just measured the remainding 3.. 8, 9, and 12cm
one of them has pom pom even laugh.gif
mountain
12cm!!

u rear in green water?
Allan
QUOTE(CyberET @ Tue 27 Jan 2004 05:55 PM)
updates anyone?

I only have one and it's now 11 cm (including the tails). I didn't measure its length when I bought it home with me but visibly I could tell it's now bigger.

Strangely mine also have small pom pom. Unfortunately one is red and the other, white.
CyberET
QUOTE(mountain @ Tue 27 Jan 2004 06:15 PM)
12cm!!

u rear in green water?

yup yup, the remainding 3 of them in a 3ft tub
CyberET
QUOTE(Fatallan @ Tue 27 Jan 2004 06:17 PM)
I only have one and it's now 11 cm (including the tails).  I didn't measure its length when I bought it home with me but visibly I could tell it's now bigger.

Strangely mine also have small pom pom.  Unfortunately one is red and the other, white.

hehe.. mine have twin red small pom poms, kawaii happydance.gif
Allan
QUOTE(CyberET @ Tue 27 Jan 2004 06:21 PM)
hehe.. mine have twin red small pom poms, kawaii happydance.gif

You are so lucky. I wish mine has a balanced pom pom.

I'm actually quite worried over this ranchu. It's one of two in a green water "Guppy" tub with about 5 inches (depth) of water. I have been noticing it is a heavy breather. The gill plates open and close at a much faster pace than all other ranchus I've seen. Fred say it may have gill disease but we can't tell if the gills are abnormal in colour or size. He could be right as I once left it in a clear water tank for a week without good filtration. I'm so disappointed at myself for allowing that to happen.
mountain
i just measured mine .. whoohoo .. also 12cm .. but head to tail laugh.gif
also got small pom pom .. but both same color laugh.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(CyberET @ Tue 27 Jan 2004 05:55 PM)
updates anyone?

Are the length with or without the tails? unsure.gif
CyberET
with
juve10
Cyberet, how i wish I could have the butterfly owned shown juz below your nick on the left. cry.gif

Me still searching for butterfly... hmm.gif

Went AC yesterday but seah say no swee butterfly for the time being, ask to call to check again. Sian liao...
juve10
Wat Gng stands?
Green & gold?
Advise?
Inxs
QUOTE(juve10 @ Wed 28 Jan 2004 03:03 PM)
Wat Gng stands?
Green & gold?
Advise?

Yes! you are right.
CyberET
doh
during water change.. that 12cm gng ranchu spray so much eggs out ohmy.gif
too bad i don't have any more male gng ranchus left sad.gif
CyberET
QUOTE(juve10 @ Wed 28 Jan 2004 02:47 PM)
Cyberet, how i wish I could have the butterfly owned shown juz below your nick on the left.  cry.gif

Me still searching for butterfly... hmm.gif

Went AC yesterday but seah say no swee butterfly for the time being, ask to call to check again. Sian liao...

u interested in that piece ah? wink.gif

IPB Image
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(CyberET @ Wed 28 Jan 2004 04:24 PM)

I chop first can?

Give you... $30?
CyberET
the first ranchu is 12cm
2nd is 8cm

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
CyberET
9cm GnG ranchu..
anyone wants this piece?

IPB Image

IPB Image
juve10
QUOTE(CyberET @ Wed 28 Jan 2004 04:24 PM)

How come look so different? The 1 under your nick look nicer leh... good_very.gif

Is it the same fish???
juve10
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Wed 28 Jan 2004 05:27 PM)
I chop first can?

Give you... $30?

happybuddha, how can cut Q 1... sad.gif
For this time only, I pass. Let you have it. smile.gif

Anyway the bigger pic look so different from cyberet pic below his nick. unsure.gif
juve10
QUOTE(WongDanny @ Wed 28 Jan 2004 04:14 PM)
Yes! you are right.

I tot its online sales?

Is there any location for gng for visting???
CyberET
its the same fish
maybe due to the white background and angle, can't see the edges of the tail
photo taken while in 2% salt dip, so fish abit stone anyway
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.