Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Power Of Green Water & Tubifex
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
void
hi... i'd like to share the power of green water and tubifex worm...

Case 1: due to heavy work load n travelling distance, i've neglected all my goldfish... sad.gif in fact, i feed them only once every 2 days... For example, you can see that my fav red n white ryukins has shrunk considerably... cry.gif But after putting him into a big fibre tank + green water + continuous supply of tubifex worm... ohmy.gif my ryukin seem to be on the road to recovery... good_very.gif Learnt my lesson... even how busy u r, never ever neglect ur goldfish... wink.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
void
Case 2; when i first bought these 2 buggers, they are of the same size... they used to be kept in the aquarium... About 1 month ago, i decided to move the red n white female into the big fibre tank + green water + continuous supply of tubifex worm... Now, you can see the difference... shiok.gif BTW, this red white ryukin is the best looking female i've got... all my other ryukins are male... hmmmm....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Allan
QUOTE(void @ Sat, 13 Nov 2004 4:54 pm)

very impressive especially since it has only been a month! i noted there are more red on the finages. it should be interesting to see this ryukin again next month. please keep us posted.
GF Lover
Maybe you should try the red one with sunlight, no greenwater using filter and lots of tubifex worms. See how it will grow after 1 month. In this way, you can confirm that greenwater makes a difference and not other factors.
The Matrix
It proof a few things ....

1. Human needs to eat, fish too.
2. Regular feeding is not equal to insufficient feeding.
3. Good food is never a wrong choice.
4. Filtered water is not as good as green water.

As for growth, still cannot come out a more conclusive statement leh.
Jos Nana
QUOTE(goldfish Lover @ Sat, 13 Nov 2004 8:25 pm)
Maybe you should try the red one with sunlight, no greenwater using filter and lots of tubifex worms. See how it will grow after 1 month. In this way, you can confirm that greenwater makes a difference and not other factors.

Seems that you have a lot of reservations about green water. Why dun you share your bad experiences on green water, if any ?
GF Lover
QUOTE(Jos Nana @ Sat, 13 Nov 2004 10:29 pm)
Seems that you have a lot of reservations about green water. Why dun you share your bad experiences on green water, if any ?

You see I don't use greenwater, how to have bad experiences. I am just a hobbyist enjoying my goldfish. How to enjoy my goldfish when I cannot see them swimming. You mean I have to take them out evertime I want to watch them? Or maybe have to do a 90% to 100% water change everytime I want to enjoy my goldfish?

I bought 3 Fukami ranchu from Selatar Farmway 1 some months ago(cannot remember exactly how long ago). I went to see the second batch recently and I was surprised to see that they were that small when I first bought them. They are now averaging 12cm long. No green water, just filtered and crystal clear water with occassional water change. Buffalhead is well develope.
Jos Nana
QUOTE(goldfish Lover @ Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:40 pm)
You see I don't use greenwater, how to have bad experiences. I am just a hobbyist enjoying my goldfish. How to enjoy my goldfish when I cannot see them swimming. You mean I have to take them out evertime I want to watch them? Or maybe have to do a 90% to 100% water change everytime I want to enjoy my goldfish?

I bought 3 Fukami ranchu from Selatar Farmway 1 some months ago(cannot remember exactly how long ago). I went to see the second batch recently and I was surprised to see that they were that small when I first bought them. They are now averaging 12cm long. No green water, just filtered and crystal clear water with occassional water change. Buffalhead is well develope.

So you dislike green water for very obvious reasons. This I can understand. Different hobbist at different levels have different requirements.

It just puzzled me that you keep trying to find reasons and excuses to defeat the use of green water.

Please open up and be more receptive to other methods of keeping other than your own prefered type. Only then you will learn.

If you say Fukami, do you know that Fukami ranchus has very early headgrowth ? So its the water, way of keeping or the line ?
CyberET
I don't like to see my fishes.. if i can see them.. something is wrong sad.gif which i have been experiencing these few weeks
GF Lover
QUOTE(Jos Nana @ Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:14 am)
So you dislike green water for very obvious reasons. This I can understand. Different hobbist at different levels have different requirements.

It just puzzled me that you keep trying to find reasons and excuses to defeat the use of green water. 

Please open up and be more receptive to other methods of keeping other than your own prefered type. Only then you will learn.

If you say Fukami, do you know that Fukami ranchus has very early headgrowth ? So its the water, way of keeping or the line ?

We can all argue till the cow comes home and will not find a solution. I have nothing against greenwater and I did not say that I am not open to the concept of using greenwater. It is God's give to humanity. That does not rule out Man's gift to humanity.

Feeding worms and daphnia to our goldfish is God's gift to humanity. Feeding Hikari and Japan Ranchu Lord to our goldfish is Man's gift to humanity.

Is the former better than the latter or vice versa? You be the judge.
void
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sat, 13 Nov 2004 9:14 pm)
It proof a few things ....

1. Human needs to eat, fish too.
3. Good food is never a wrong choice.
4. Filtered water is not as good as green water.

As for growth, still cannot come out a more conclusive statement leh.

this is just maybe... as for the growth, it may because i give continuous supply of tubifex worm... well, maybe...
Allan
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sat, 13 Nov 2004 10:14 pm)

Pardon me but I don't understand point 2.

Regular feeding is equal to sufficient feeding is the other way to read that point, but I still catch no ball. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks.
white horse T1
QUOTE(goldfish Lover @ Sun, 14 Nov 2004 7:55 am)
It is God's give to humanity. That does not rule out Man's gift to humanity.
Feeding worms and daphnia to our goldfish is God's gift to humanity.
Feeding Hikari and Japan Ranchu Lord to our goldfish is Man's gift to humanity.

bro, God also come into the picture alr.
too profound and philosphical for me, better keep religion out of the picture.

to me, this is just merely food chain when i come to feeding worms and daphnia.
for hikari and pellets, it is just man-made fish food only what...

defintely no place in the list of "Man's gift to humanity"......
GF Lover
QUOTE(white horse T1 @ Sun, 14 Nov 2004 9:54 am)
bro, God also come into the picture alr. 
too profound and philosphical for me, better keep religion out of the picture.

to me, this is just merely food chain when i come to feeding worms and daphnia.
for hikari and pellets, it is just man-made fish food only what...

defintely no place in the list of "Man's gift to humanity"......

If God is too profound to you, then kindly replace the word God to Nature. That is my way of expressing.
GF Lover
I have a request for Void. If it is possible for you to reverse the place and put the red goldfish in greenwater and the red and white goldfish in place of the red one, and see if the red one catches up with the red and white one in 1 month time. If it does, then it will prove your point of the potent greenwater and tubifex worm combination.

Oh by the way, you did not mention how the red goldfish is being kept and raised?
The Matrix
QUOTE(Allan @ Sun, 14 Nov 2004 9:06 am)
Pardon me but I don't understand point 2. 

Regular feeding is equal to sufficient feeding is the other way to read that point, but I still catch no ball.  Could you please elaborate? 

Thanks.

Regular feeding as in feeding in a fix interval. Once every 2 days ??? Once a day ? 3 times a day ....

But if the amount is insufficient, no matter how regular also no use.

So no matter how one hobbyist said "I feed regularly", I will only ask " did your fish grow."

Wakarimasu ka ?
The Matrix
QUOTE(goldfish Lover @ Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:40 pm)

Fukami fish always big big head one lah. 2 very pronounced head lights even when the fish before reaching Nisai. Nothing special lah. If want big big head fish, then go for Fukami lineage. Know your fish first lah.

It's up to you on how to keep. Since you have bad experience, why not share it with us and maybe we, the green water keepers, will spot some of your mistakes.
Allan
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:50 am)
Regular feeding as in feeding in a fix interval. Once every 2 days ??? Once a day ? 3 times a day ....

But if the amount is insufficient, no matter how regular also no use.

So no matter how one hobbyist said "I feed regularly", I will only ask " did your fish grow."

Wakarimasu ka ?

Oui, et merci.
GF Lover
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:56 am)
Fukami fish always big big head one lah. 2 very pronounced head lights even when the fish before reaching Nisai. Nothing special lah. If want big big head fish, then go for Fukami lineage. Know your fish first lah.

It's up to you on how to keep. Since you have bad experience, why not share it with us and maybe we, the green water keepers, will spot some of your mistakes.

Agree about the head, but tail very "koya" right?
Jos Nana
QUOTE(goldfish Lover @ Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:28 am)
If God is too profound to you, then kindly replace the word God to Nature. That is my way of expressing.

Well Nature is the word. So in Nature, how does fish live ? Definitely not on filters. No matter what fish you keep, if you can create as close to the fish original natural enviornment as possible, you fish will "groom."

Now Groom is the word, do you want to groom the fish or see the fish ?
The Matrix
QUOTE(goldfish Lover @ Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:30 pm)
Agree about the head, but tail very "koya" right?

not really. I have seen very good grade yatomi from the same place u bot your fish. koya as in the dealer do not know what he is taking at all. simply WYSIWYG lor ...

If the fish already that koya, yet do not want to proceed to find a solution rather with the same concept of "want to see" .... know the Must and the Want.

Agent Smith said to Mr Anderson "Why, why why"
void
QUOTE(goldfish Lover @ Sun, 14 Nov 2004 9:32 am)
I have a request for Void. If it is possible for you to reverse the place and put the red goldfish in greenwater and the red and white goldfish in place of the red one, and see if the red one catches up with the red and white one in 1 month time. If it does, then it will prove your point of the potent greenwater and tubifex worm combination.

Oh by the way, you did not mention how the red goldfish is being kept and raised?

now, i've put both fishes in the big fibre tank + green water + tubifex liao... in fact, i've moved all my fished in the fibre tanks... no more aquarium for me... well, just for hospital or quarantine purpose i guess... happydance.gif

the red one used to be kept in the filtered aquarium.... given pellets... yes.gif

since putting them in the fibre tanks + green water + tubi, i notice rapid growth... it's really amazing... and i will never look back... hehehe... good_very.gif
CyberET
just take care of your water ;)
void
QUOTE(CyberET @ Sun, 14 Nov 2004 9:08 pm)
just take care of your water ;)

yes.gif ... roger that... over...
jacky_ckw
looks like i have to come back to read more abt green water which ang mos dont really know much abt green water from the forum i used to come from.

i think tis place is much better for me. happydance1.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(jacky_ckw @ Mon, 15 Nov 2004 1:51 pm)
looks like i have to come back to read more abt green water which ang mos dont really know much abt green water from the forum i used to come from.

i think tis place is much better for me.  happydance1.gif

Becos u are all along talking to the wrong angmo mah. There are some that are using green water. Except they dun go forum only.
void
Case 3: Sakura Ryukin

The first pic was taken on 23 oct...

The 2nd pic was taken on 12 nov...

almost 3 weeks after...

IPB Image

IPB Image
CyberET
QUOTE(void @ Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:16 pm)
Case 3: Sakura Ryukin

The first pic was taken on 23 oct...

The 2nd pic was taken on 12 nov...

almost 3 weeks after...

is this piece in the bigger tub?
jacky_ckw
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Mon, 15 Nov 2004 5:42 pm)
Becos u are all along talking to the wrong angmo mah. There are some that are using green water. Except they dun go forum only.

i dono much abt green water until tis year when i bought a ranchu from a LFS the owner told me if my tank has green water or not.

now there are so many ppl here with green water, i guess i need to read up more from here and learn. good.gif
Panda_ranchu
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sun, 14 Nov 2004 2:25 pm)
not really. I have seen very good grade yatomi from the same place u bot your fish. koya as in the dealer do not know what he is taking at all. simply WYSIWYG lor ...

If the fish already that koya, yet do not want to proceed to find a solution rather with the same concept of "want to see" .... know the Must and the Want.

Agent Smith said to Mr Anderson "Why, why why"

Agree..bro. He doesn't know much about JR as his bread n butter is koi but now it is different. RAN-chu liao already la..make quick bucks first then say.
Among the hundreds or thousand pcs,some are quite good tho if u know what u want.Also if u compare the ranchu from this place with JK Aquatic, the latter is of premium grade.Pay more la...some of them do have wonderful tail tho..
void
QUOTE(CyberET @ Mon, 15 Nov 2004 9:52 pm)
is this piece in the bigger tub?

yup... this piece is in the bigger tub...
void
updated... 28 Nov 04...

IPB Image
The Matrix
QUOTE(void @ Sun, 05 Dec 2004 3:33 pm)
updated... 28 Nov 04...

Outstanding !!!
Seacucumber
finished!

erm....dun humtum me.....i mean its already too good liao...
nothing more for improvement.... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.