Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanna See My Wakin?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
kingyoo
These 2 boys are about 7 inches and not quite tosai.

I am mad that they are pink from eating too much krill. They will go to the "spa" this next summer and get white again.

I tried to get good still shots to see their beatiful fin patterns, but they are not used to being panned and were sort of "freaked out".

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
dennis
Are this the type which the Japanese strip their scales while they are young ?
HappyBuddha
Nice wakin! Goosh, you sure have lots of beautiful goldfishes!

[off topic mode] I would put them in a white coloured basin, preferably made of enamel, as their white scales can otherwise reflect the colour of the basin distorting the pleasure somewhat.
kingyoo
Are this the type which the Japanese strip their scales while they are young ?

No, those fish are called Jikin. They look similar, but the tails are totally split to disticnt lobes. Some con-artists will try to sell wakin as jikin.

This is a pic of a Jikin(not mine).
IPB Image

I would put them in a white coloured basin, preferably made of enamel, as their white scales can otherwise reflect the colour of the basin distorting the pleasure somewhat

I agree with you somewhat, but when you put place a "not so perfect white" against a perfect white enamel basin the white of the basin will be whiter than the fish. If you put a white fish in a blue bowl, (like in Koi shows) the white is brighter than the blue and makes the fish appear a better quality. My wakin are actually alot more pink in person than in the picture. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.