Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trip To Japan (part 6) - Mr. Ogawa Tosakin
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
yamato38gunkei
Some photos made at the pond of Mr. Ogawa. Mr. Ogawa is the number 1 Tosakin breeder in Japan.

On the first photo you can see from left to right : my very good friend Mr. Masaki Okamoto, Mr. Ogawa and myself. wink.gif

The second photo is a very high quality Nisai Tosakin.

Regards,

Geert Coppens

IPB Image

mountain
Greet, really appreciate your generosity and efforts to share your japan trip. The Tosakin picture is a beauty.
desireless
HOLLY MOLLY! This is such a gorgeous piece of Tosakin! Woo hoo! good_very.gif

I myself have never seen one such like this in SG before blush.gif Those already-considered-highend ones ($300 and more) I see here were mostly miniature and I have not seen one that has its tail formed so nicely as this piece.... and wow.. it is BROWN in colour!! happydance1.gif
Wicked, man... really wicked biggrin.gif
CP
Cheem!
Jos Nana
QUOTE(desireless @ Sat, 27 Nov 2004 10:51 pm)
HOLLY MOLLY! This is such a gorgeous piece of Tosakin!  Woo hoo! good_very.gif

I myself have never seen one such like this in SG before  blush.gif Those already-considered-highend ones ($300 and more) I see here were mostly miniature and I have not seen one that has its tail formed so nicely as this piece.... and wow.. it is BROWN in colour!!  happydance1.gif
Wicked, man... really wicked biggrin.gif

Its not brown, yet to change colour.
desireless
Really? blush.gif Oh no... It will be so great if it is really brown in colour! So this tosakin still small small?
Jos Nana
Greet says its Nisai. So it should not be small. Top quality Tosakin normally keep their black baby colour for 9 months and more.
yamato38gunkei
QUOTE(desireless @ Sat, 27 Nov 2004 4:34 pm)
Really?  blush.gif  Oh no... It will be so great if it is really brown in colour! So this tosakin still small small?

The good colours for Tosakin are all red and all black (uncoloured). Tosakin breeders are not very fond of Sarasa Tosakin. Some Tosakin are black all their life and this is ok.

Regards,

Geert Coppens
top_view_ranchu
Can tell his your very good friend!
You don't smile the way you do in your previous pics!
Strange! Mafia looks gone! tongue.gif

Tosakin have a facinating tail!
Seacucumber
Geert, you look more handsome when u smile.... biggrin.gif

so btw, is colour a major criteria in judging a tosakin??
yamato38gunkei
Another Nisai Tosakin

Regards,

Geert Coppens

Zissura Akadata Suraatmaja
Dear all,

My name is Zissura Akadata Suraatmaja. I've been keeping goldfish for about 6 months only, but intend to go seriously. Tosakin and TVR are my favorites. Does Mr Ogawa exports his Tosakin?

I may not may a purchase right now but think it's great to know if he does. A good motivation to work harder to collect some money to make a purchase.

best regards,
yukie
desireless
Hi Yukie,

Welcome on board.

It is a big regret that most of the beautiful pictures that we had in past were lost after a database breakdown quite some time back. The lost is permanent.

As for your question on whether Ogawa exports his fishes, Mr Coppens will be the best person to answer you.

Happy fish keeping.
yamato38gunkei
QUOTE(Zissura Akadata Suraatmaja @ Fri, 26 Aug 2005 4:59 pm)
Dear all,

My name is Zissura Akadata Suraatmaja.  I've been keeping goldfish for about 6 months only, but intend to go seriously.  Tosakin and TVR are my favorites.  Does Mr Ogawa exports his Tosakin?

I may not may a purchase right now but think it's great to know if he does.  A good motivation to work harder to collect some money to make a purchase.

best regards,
yukie

Hello Yukie,

Mr. Ogawa is a hobbyist Tosakin breeder. It will be difficult for him to export his Tosakin. Maybe when you visit him and collect the Tosakin yourself.
But, I am afraid you will need a lot more experience before you can start keeping and breeding Tosakin. Tosakin is not so easy to keep and breed. In the past, I have bred Tosakin from Mr. Ogawa's bloodline. Very laborintensive.

Regards,

Geert Coppens
Hi all,

Thank you for your kind answer. At least it is great to know that I could possibly make a purchase from him. good_very.gif

I have just started to breed my Ranchus. I'll learn as much as I could with all your help.

best regards,
Yukie
QUOTE(yamato38gunkei @ Sat, 27 Aug 2005 3:47 pm)
Hello Yukie,

Mr. Ogawa is a hobbyist Tosakin breeder.  It will be difficult for him to export his Tosakin.  Maybe when you visit him and collect the Tosakin yourself.
But, I am afraid you will need a lot more experience before you can start keeping and breeding Tosakin.  Tosakin is not so easy to keep and breed.  In the past, I have bred Tosakin from Mr. Ogawa's bloodline.  Very laborintensive.

Regards,

Geert Coppens

Dear Geert,

I surely hope that your message means that you are willing to teach me. I may not be a fast learner, but when I say I'll learn it means that I will learn as much as I can.

best regards,
Yukie
mountain
QUOTE(Zissura Akadata Suraatmaja @ Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:59 pm)
Tosakin and TVR are my favorites.

Hi Yukie, so you have kept any Tosakins?
QUOTE(mountain @ Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:15 am)
Hi Yukie, so you have kept any Tosakins?

Yupe, hehehe............. blush.gif

The first two are living prove of what a maiden purchase could be........... High price....hm....not so satisfying....... cry.gif

The third is better, only if we look at the out part of the fish.

The first two are females, the third are male.

The male, eventhough looks much better then the first two.....I don't know what's wrong. It just doesn't swim well, I suppose.

best regards,
Yukie
desireless
Wow.

Can you please show us some good pictures of your tosakins?
yamato38gunkei
I will post some new photos I made at the pond of Mr. Ogawa. First photo is an Oya Tosakin.

Regards,

Geert Coppens

IPB Image

\"IPB
yamato38gunkei
Another Oya Tosakin.

\"IPB
yamato38gunkei
Some Nisai Tosakin.

IPB Image

\"IPB
yamato38gunkei
More Nisai Tosakin.

\"IPB

IPB Image
yamato38gunkei
Some Tosai Tosakin.

IPB Image

IPB Image
yamato38gunkei
Some more Tosai Tosakin.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
yamato38gunkei
Tosai Tosakin Bowls.

IPB Image
yamato38gunkei
Tosakin Ponds.

IPB Image
desireless
Hi Geert,

Thanks for the beautiful pictures.

Frankly speaking, I enjoy looking at Tosakins more than TVRs...

Guess I must be abnormal unsure.gif
ranchu8
wow ... really solid Tosakins, their tails are incomparable ...

Geert, may I ask how would you describe the swimming motion for such awesome Tosakins pls?
yamato38gunkei
QUOTE(ranchu8 @ Mon, 29 Aug 2005 6:32 pm)
wow ... really solid Tosakins, their tails are incomparable ...

Geert, may I ask how would you describe the swimming motion for such awesome Tosakins pls?

I like to study Tosakin photos, but I do not like the way they move. I think a Ranchu swims much more beautiful and powerful. I guess it is a matter of taste.

Regards,

Geert Coppens
ranchu8
Thanks Geert smile.gif I like to see Tosakins esp their tails. Many of the live Tosakins I see have their gill plates a bit wide; are they more prone to parasites? I don't know how to descibe the way they move, maybe like fat bums --- move ?? smile.gif

Geert, are the tails in post #22 (the two right/left parts appear more separated from the main part) considered better or worse than the others pls?
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(yamato38gunkei @ Wed, 31 Aug 2005 5:55 am)
I like to study Tosakin photos, but I do not like the way they move.  I think a Ranchu swims much more beautiful and powerful.  I guess it is a matter of taste.

Regards,

Geert Coppens

I'll always choose not to see them! rusure.gif Especially these awesome ones! drool.gif I find them a threat. dry.gif
They boil up my blood....... sweatingbullets.gif
QUOTE(desireless @ Mon, 29 Aug 2005 5:33 pm)
Wow.

Can you please show us some good pictures of your tosakins?

Huhuhuhu............

Frankly speaking: I was thinking about posting my Tosakin pics for you all to see. But then Geert "being so cruel to torture me" with all those pics. blush.gif

My Tosakins are nothing beeing compared to those Tosakins Geert shares the pics with us!!

To be more frankly: I do now think that Indonesia is somewhere left behind. I were very amazed by the fish I saw in the first show I enter at the end of July.

But there was no Tosakin and the TVRs are not so good now I can say.

I know I could be wrong since I didn't have much time to enjoy all the goldfish; I had to go to another city to give speech on Feline Genetics and to judge in a cat show.

Am a beginner in goldfish fancy, I've worked very much longer with Persian cats and am a non certified national judge.

best regards,
Yukie
yamato38gunkei
QUOTE(ranchu8 @ Wed, 31 Aug 2005 6:15 am)
Thanks Geert smile.gif I like to see Tosakins esp their tails. Many of the live Tosakins I see have their gill plates a bit wide; are they more prone to parasites? I don't know how to descibe the way they move, maybe like fat bums --- move ?? smile.gif

Geert, are the tails in post #22 (the two right/left parts appear more separated from the main part) considered better or worse than the others pls?

Tails in post #22 are perfect tails !

Regards,

Geert Coppens
ranchu8
Thanks Geert, I'm trying to understand the tails ... I thought the tails should progressively curl from tosai to oya. But the tails in post #22 seem to be more curled (therefore causing the more separated look of the 2 right and left sides?) than the older Tosakins in posts #20 and 21?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.