Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Honing Grooming Skill
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
white horse T1
wanted to submit this in academy but my purpose is not to let this piece be judged for its "beauty" but rather on whether the improvement is ok. criteria is also quite stringent in submission and i too lazy to take with newspaper leh.

this has been in clear water during quarantine for 2 weeks in Aug 04, thereafter in green water. then in clear water again for 2 weeks before soaking in green water again.

all in all, for 4 mths. 1 mth in clear water. feeding is twice only per day.
never measure the length when arrived so the growth is
i think judging by the size of my palm is at most half to one inch.

comments?

BEFORE

IPB Image
white horse T1
AFTER

IPB Image
white horse T1
port view

IPB Image
mountain
i go first..

you can actually overlay the first 2 pics to do comparison .. but the second pic is too blur to make judgement.. overall.. red scales has replaced the white scales beneath the body... and it has definitely grown broader. ranchus that look broad (from the top to the bottom) are always beautiful SV ranchus..

but i am not sure if it has benefited from the green water because the redness seems to have faded into a pale orange.. it could be the dull photo color .. and the headgrowth seems to have shrinked significantly..but hard to tell lei bro.. 2nd pic a bit blur.. take back take back peace.gif

btw, can you confirm the tail is really tat small or is it the camera angle in the 3rd pic??
white horse T1
QUOTE(mountain @ Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:03 pm)
i go first..

you can actually overlay the first 2 pics to do comparison .. but the second pic is too blur to make judgement.. overall.. red scales has replaced the white scales beneath the body... and it has definitely grown broader. ranchus that look broad (from the top to the bottom) are always beautiful SV ranchus..

but i am not sure if it has benefited from the green water because the redness seems to have faded into a pale orange.. it could be the dull photo color .. and the headgrowth seems to have shrinked significantly..but hard to tell lei bro.. 2nd pic a bit blur..

btw, can you confirm the tail is really tat small or is it the camera angle in the 3rd pic??

u are right on the quality of the photo taken. will take it in the same tank with black background. the first one was taken with flash light. but the later ones were not. Redness has improved.

hold yr comment will re-take the pictures
The Matrix
sure or not, fish where got grow so little. At least half head and 1 tail. thickness also ! a little too slim to me from the blurry pics ... ok wait for the re-take.

fish seems grew in broadness but not lesser length wise. hmmmmm what the heck u have been feeding !!!???!!!
Seacucumber
tan,
according to your pic, actually your fish gain quite a bit of bulk....
but clearer pics might yield a fairer judgement on the fish....
mountain
hehe.. hey guys .. dun stress him .. bet he is running ard with his camera now ..

whistle.gif .. 3 guys waiting.. .waiting..
Seacucumber
faster leh!
wah lau.....take a few clear pics also so slow!
hehehehehehe biggrin.gif
desireless
There are quite a few improvements to this fish. One quite strange improvement is the colour. I notice the fish has whitish based but after the 4 months, the whitish area is gone!

Another is the bulkiness. Indeed this ranchu has been in good hands. It was quite skinny in the beginning, but now it looks just nice for a SV. Maybe can feed more BW for the hood.
white horse T1
this is as fast as i could take.

still no flash and it was taken in main tank. so got some reflection.
i am using the black backgrd tank as QT so don't want to do a quicky by putting this fellow in the QT tank holding the red/white ranchu.

the middle picture was taken during QT.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Seacucumber
QUOTE(white horse T1 @ Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:26 pm)
this is as fast as i could take. 

still no flash and it was taken in main tank. so got some reflection.
i am using the other one for QT so don't want to do a quicky by putting this fellow in the QT tank holding the red/white ranchu.

Tan......
forget about "honing grooming skills".....

you should "hone photo taking skills"
muahahahahaha

hysterical.gif
mountain
QUOTE(g-string @ Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:29 pm)
Tan......
forget about "honing grooming skills".....
muahahahahaha

his main tank super big .. very hard to take photo.
suggust you go and buy those white guppy plastic tank.. just a medium one will do .. you can place it on the coffee table and take photo slowly. no stress.
desireless
ya lor.. still blur blur leh rofl.gif

Or can use the goldrush method:
http://www.RafflesGold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1736
white horse T1
QUOTE(g-string @ Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:29 pm)
muahahahahaha

hysterical.gif

an old man once said: he take hundreds to select a handful pictures. what do u expect , i take 5 and choose 2 in 10 mins..... blush.gif
mountain
okay.. can stop poking him liao.. his face is red..

we talk the fish now ..
mountain
wat can i say .. there are marked changes..

i think most of us are on the line where you can feed more to the fish to make it a monster! go go go ..
LASERGUY
I might be wrong, overall the fish increases in bulk but the wen shranked in comparsion.
The spot-light shrink from B-cup to A-cup....
white horse T1
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:22 pm)
I might be wrong, overall the fish increases in bulk but the wen shranked in comparsion.
The spot-light shrink from B-cup to A-cup....

i doubt the the wen has shrunk but rather the growth of the 2 spotlights has remain stagnant compared to the growth of other parts...

in any case, this one will remain in main tank. it is cheaper than those in main tank yet it stands out already in colour. will see how the other 2 perform.
nobnoba
considering that you only feeding twice a day, the growth is pretty good. what have you been feeding it?
The Matrix
overview :

size : average growth rate
color : excellent improvement. Desireless spot on on the stomach area !
head : strong growth
hood : weak
cheek : not bad at all
body : slightly bulky

overall : above average. tune food selection.
mountain
can we use Tan's fish and talk abt hoods development.

hmm.. most headgrowth are genetically linked.. if the parents doesn't have much wens or hoods.. the children ain't gonna have fantasic ones..

wens and headbulbs can be improved by pumping with BWs and high protein pellets. what abt hoods? same feeding methods?

or is it all connected as 1 headmass and once it grows.. you can't control .. just leave it to chance.. so far i have only seen just sideview ONE!! ranchu with LH-style headgrowth and it looks quite nice.
white horse T1
QUOTE(mountain @ Tue, 14 Dec 2004 8:20 am)
can we use Tan's fish and talk abt hoods development.

hmm.. most headgrowth are genetically linked.. if the parents doesn't have much wens or hoods.. the children ain't gonna have fantasic ones..

wens and headbulbs can be improved by pumping with BWs and high protein pellets. what abt hoods? same feeding methods?

or is it all connected as 1 headmass and once it grows.. you can't control .. just leave it to chance.. so far i have only seen just sideview ONE!! ranchu with LH-style headgrowth and it looks quite nice.

just abt to ask the same on hood and head development. if u see wee yap's ranchu offspring, some of them have better hood, wen than their parents. as such i doubt it is genetic.

for this piece BW was fed only once a day for one week. but i stopped after seeing a spate of diseases on my main tank and after the sudden death of my priced ranchu while i am overseas. i do not know if it is the contaminated BW but i stopped and dumped all the BW.

length wise, i don think it grow very much, i suspected it is due to the small tub of 30 litre per fish i ve for this one. hmm.gif by the way i blasted it with 4 PL tubes every day.

Food wise, it is a mixed of cheap wheat gem taiwan/malaysia made bought from Petmart (one big pack at $4.5), Hikari Lionhead sinking and medigold pellets.
i don concoct my own food in case thats what u all are thinking....

recently i tried dried tubilex worms, but they will not touch it unless really hungry.

thank u for yr kind words, will vary the food to see if there is any improvement.
mountain
the medigold pellets are "vitamined" pellets .. i only used them as the first food after the quarentine period is over for my fish. after which i would stop and revert to normal pellets. not sure what effect it has for prolong usage.

you can try chroma .. or Mimozi lionhead .. (the red pack) but it cost about 4.50 per 100g from AC ..
peter porker
QUOTE(white horse T1 @ Tue, 14 Dec 2004 8:39 am)

for this piece BW was fed only once a day for one week.  but i stopped after seeing a spate of diseases on my main tank and after the sudden death of my priced ranchu while i am overseas.  i do not know if it is the contaminated BW but i stopped and dumped all the BW.

I just have to mention this...2nd time actually, once in AF...recently 3 more of my babies got wen rot and don't know whether its the BW.

damn headache...what happened to your prized fish? any physical symptoms?
mountain
hmm .. dun't really remember anyone else posting about wen rot here recently..

but there is a difference between wen ROT and wen shrinking due to sickness..
do you have a photo?

wens are known to shrinked when the water condition are not good, certain breeds like the lionhead wouldn't even have much grown in filtered water. Massive feeding of FBW can improve wen growth over a period of time (not over night i guess) , but without increased frequency of water change .. it could defeat the purpose and stress the fish.. maybe thats why the wen "rot"??

you mentioned baby .. what kind of baby goldfish? ranchu? how are you feeding with bw and keeping them? what brand of BW are you using?
peter porker
QUOTE(mountain @ Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:02 am)
hmm .. dun't really remember anyone else posting about wen rot here recently..

but there is a difference between wen ROT and wen shrinking due to sickness..
do you have a photo?

wens are known to shrinked when the water condition are not good, certain breeds like the lionhead wouldn't even have much grown in filtered water. Massive feeding of FBW can improve wen growth over a period of time (not over night i guess) , but without increased frequency of water change .. it could defeat the purpose and stress the fish.. maybe thats why the wen "rot"??

you mentioned baby .. what kind of baby goldfish? ranchu? how are you feeding with bw and keeping them? what brand of BW are you using?

sorry...not literally babies, but adult fish. I think I just used the wrong term...it should be hold in the head but part of the process is the wen rotting away...can see the pus..I'm using Hikari btw.

cheers..
white horse T1
QUOTE(peter porker @ Tue, 14 Dec 2004 9:55 am)
what happened to your prized fish? any physical symptoms?

actually i didnot get to see the deadbody, ask my wife to put in the fridge for autopsy. but she freak out.

from what i know, no obvious rotting or red mark , no fungus.
peter porker
QUOTE(white horse T1 @ Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:55 am)
actually i didnot get to see the deadbody, ask my wife to put in the fridge for autopsy. but she freak out.

from what i know, no obvious rotting or red mark , no fungus.

roger that....for me, got to go through the long process of curing my fish...sigh...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.