Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Effect Of Greenwater
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
eAngler
look what greenwater did to my calico ranchu in 5mths.
now look like a sakura ranchu. rofl2.gif

IPB Image
mountain
can i check how big is the fish when the left photo is taken?
Allan
Hi eAngler

That's not a Calico ranchu.

A calico goldfish has very little to a complete absence of reflective scales.

A sakura goldfish is a calico with just red and white color and a complete absence of other color especially black.

But hey, that's a beautiful ranchu you have! Maybe it's a camera distortion but how come it looks like there are missing scales near the mid-point of the body? cry.gif
eAngler
the fish was about 4" in the Before pic and 5" in the After pic.

if not calico, what kind of ranchu is it?

some scales drop off during water changing.

is it possible for an adult ranchu to change it's color? Actually i doubt green water can change it's color to this extend. I suspect because the PH value during green water was low.
eAngler
another pic.

no camera distortion, pic shows exact color of the ranchu, only brightness difference.

IPB Image
Allan
QUOTE(eAngler @ Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:48 am)
another pic.

no camera distortion, pic shows exact color of the ranchu, only brightness difference.

You very funny you know. The new combi pic is good but why a before & after of two different sides? What are we suppose to compare? laugh.gif

But seriously, the new "after" pic seems to show it is a calico afterall. sad.gif
mountain
nice isn't it to get a red fish for nothing. could be mixed with calico somewhere along the way, which is why it doesn't know whether it wanna be a straightout calico or a proper red/white ranchu..

but hei ..interesting fellow.. this is a second count where a fish change its colors due to green water .. the first was from a red to a black!!
CyberET
i like it's original color sad.gif
CHLeong
Hi Bros and Sis,

Sharing with you my tank set up in the past to date.

Past
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Present 3' tank
Click to view attachment

I will capture my tub later for posting.

Sorry if I did not post the pic well, please advise me how to improve.

Rgds
CH Leong
Allan
QUOTE(CHLeong @ Sat, 18 Dec 2004 4:09 pm)
Sorry if I did not post the pic well, please advise  me  how to improve.

Hi CH

Here's the instruction on how to upload and attach pics.

Alternatively, you can email it to me at allan@RafflesGold.com and I'll include them for you.

Cheers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.