Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metal Halide
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
YLD
What are the factor/features to look out for purchacing metal halide lamp for a approx 3ft guppy brand blue plastic tub?
YLD
Can a 70Watts MH do the job? Is UV shield required and how to tell the lamp is UV shielded?

Anyone has any advice?
Allan
I don't own a MH lamp nor have any experience with them.

however i have been *planning* to use it in place of natural sunlight so i read up.

I will want mine for multi-duty, meaning to sun at least 2 guppy tubs. To do that, I will not fix mount it but make it mobile. Morning one tub, afternoon move/swing it to another tub.

70 watts may not be good for my purpose; I need it strong so that I can sun 2 tubs in mere hours.

But hey... don't listen to me.
YLD
thanx for the feedback.
jowy_ham
Me also thinking of getting MH light, anyone want to pool to buy together ? maybe cheaper

I'm looking for at least 150W and above though tongue.gif
YLD
I'm looking to convert normal light to PL type after reading HB article. rolleyes.gif

Also can visit petfrd.com, under the DIY section for more info.
Pevert
To all the profeesional in the forum, may I have your advise on where can I get a good deal to purchse metal halide and what sizes(length). Which LFS will you guys recommend. I have a 3ft x 2ft x 1ft guppy tank. Thanks.... yes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.