Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bubble Eyes Are Cute
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
ball
Seem like not many people talk about bubble eyes goldfish in this forum. Hope to see more member post their bubble eyes pic here.
Got these two fishes less than 3 months ago. They were about 2.5" head to tail.

Now they are close to 4" head to tail. Fatter also.
Pics with single fish in it are their photo take today using a Nokia handphone. Hope to get a digi cam soon to share better pic.

IPB Image
CHLeong
Hi nice bubbly-eyes you have. You have to put in more effort raising bubble-eyes and they cannot be mixed with other goldfishes. This is one fish I have difficulty keeping, it is not the life span of this fish but the eye sac that can easily be damaged.

However its quite a challenge to raise this fishes and very rewarding if its eye sac grows big and large.

Rgds
CH Leong
ball
QUOTE(CHLeong @ Sun, 09 Jan 2005 8:49 am)
Hi nice bubbly-eyes you have. You have to put in more effort raising bubble-eyes  and they cannot be mixed with other goldfishes. This is one fish I have difficulty keeping, it is not the life span of this fish but the eye sac that can easily be damaged.

However its quite a challenge to raise this fishes and very rewarding if its eye sac grows big and large.
Rgds
CH Leong

Thanks for the advice.
I mixed the bubble eye with some other goldfish such as ranchu, dragon eyes, pearl scale. So far seem OK.
CHLeong
QUOTE(ball @ Sun, 09 Jan 2005 11:12 pm)
Thanks for the advice.
I mixed the bubble eye with some other goldfish such as ranchu, dragon eyes, pearl scale. So far seem OK.

Oh,...... they might not survive because they are trully lousy when competing for food. And to move them, try not to use hand or net but a "used" 1 liter plastic ice-cream container. Enjoy, do post them for us after a few months.

Rgds
CH Leong
infinity
seldom see fellow hobbyist with bubble eyes.
i guess we are not mainstream.
besides ranchu, i am into celest chong....erm oops CELESTIALS and bubble eyes.
ball
QUOTE(infinity @ Wed, 12 Jan 2005 9:02 pm)
seldom see fellow hobbyist with bubble eyes.
i guess we are not mainstream.

celest chong ..... nice legs.

So far, there are only 3 non-mainstream guy here.

Actually I kind of tired of ranchu.
I also cannot tell the difference between a 50 dollar ranchu and a 150 dollar ranchu other than the size.

So how many bubble eyes do you have? Pls post the pic if possible.
The Matrix
3 people only ? add 1 more ... hahahahaha you guys are the rare breed now. when the people spending big bucks, there is always a small group collecting cheaper fish.

just one collected some months ago. still looking for more good ones. heh heh heh ... sorry hor, not convinient to show the whole fish.

IPB Image
ball
OK, now we got 4. Hope to see more.
Cheap , cute and nice fish, good deal mah.
I find Ranchu price are a bit speculative liao. Some seller even prey on innocent customer by selling low quality ranchu at high price. Have seen many top view ranchu seller doing that. Not expert in ranchu, but definitely can tell a ugly one.

BTW, the fish look great. The bubble colour contrast well with the white head.
Maybe should start a thread on field report of non mainstream goldfish.
The Matrix
QUOTE(ball @ Fri, 14 Jan 2005 9:06 am)
OK, now we got 4. Hope to see more.
Cheap , cute and nice fish, good deal mah.
I find Ranchu price are a bit speculative liao. Some seller even prey on innocent customer by selling low quality ranchu at high price. Have seen many top view ranchu seller doing that. Not expert in ranchu, but definitely can tell a ugly one.

BTW, the fish look great. The bubble colour contrast well with the white head.
Maybe should start a thread on field report of non mainstream goldfish.

Ranchu mainstream ? I doubt that. It's due to the cuteness and influcence by a big group of hobbyists from Japan and followers in asia. When comes to fanciful goldfish, the muscular oranda, majestic ryukin and graceful dragon eyes maintain the same title elsewhere in the world.
LASERGUY
Yah, there was one incident when I wanted to give some of my lesser ranchu to my friend as he wanted to start a goldfish pond. After showing pictures of the fishes to his wife, the comment was "Yeeee....why keep this type of "残废" fishes ????" Because to her, with an absence of a dorsal fin, she considered ranchu as crippled.... rolleyes.gif
ball
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:54 am)
Ranchu mainstream ? I doubt that. It's due to the cuteness and influcence by a big group of hobbyists from Japan and followers in asia. When comes to fanciful goldfish, the muscular oranda, majestic ryukin and graceful dragon eyes maintain the same title elsewhere in the world.

I keep my fishes in plastic tub. So I always prefer top view fishes. Butterfly is my favourite. But compare a top view ranchu and a butterfly or bubble eyes, I still think top view ranchu don't look as great as the others.

In fact, I find a good looking butterfly or bubble eyes is more difficult to come by
than a ranchu. Today I shall go to C328 and see got anything nice other than ranchu. Cheap, nice and cute sure worth buying.
The Matrix
QUOTE(ball @ Fri, 14 Jan 2005 1:26 pm)
I keep my fishes in plastic tub. So I always prefer top view fishes. Butterfly is my favourite. But compare a top view ranchu and a butterfly or bubble eyes, I still think top view ranchu don't look as great as the others.

In fact, I find a good looking butterfly or bubble eyes is more difficult to come by
than a ranchu. Today I shall go to C328 and see got anything nice other than ranchu. Cheap, nice and cute sure worth buying.

In se asia, ranchu demand high high but still can find.
In northern part, butterfly demand high until cannot find.

328 batch of bubbles not outstanding enough ... go to all the farms tomorrow after lunch or wait after CNY.
ball
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:30 am)
In se asia, ranchu demand high high but still can find.
In northern part, butterfly demand high until cannot find.

328 batch of bubbles not outstanding enough ...  go to all the farms tomorrow after lunch or wait after CNY.

Yup. Went to C328, saw the bubble, those common orange long tail type. Saw at the new shop further down the same block, the bubble eyes colour look bright and red. $3.50 only. Only left a few, but never buy. Somehow don't find the tail nice, too long liao. Scare it will droop down when grow big.
Seem like bubble eyes season now, so many shop sell bubble eye, but quality not so good.
jhansolo
QUOTE(ball @ Sat, 15 Jan 2005 8:55 am)
Seem like bubble eyes season now, so many shop sell bubble eye, but quality not so good.

Just came back from Blue Aquarium, if you like dragon eyes butterflies they have a batch behind the shop ... drool.gif

And !!! they are selling tung hoi food now! $15 for 500gm for the head growth one.

Next time go HK better buy some back
ball
QUOTE(jhansolo @ Thu, 20 Jan 2005 3:18 pm)
Just came back from Blue Aquarium, if you like dragon eyes butterflies they have a batch behind the shop ...  drool.gif

And !!! they are selling tung hoi food now!  $15 for 500gm for the head growth one.

Next time go HK better buy some back

Jhansolo,
Thanks for the information.
I am hunting for nice butterfly right now.

Any idea how much are they selling ?
jhansolo
no idea how much they are selling as I believe there will be a difference in price for each piece. So go there fast.
ball
Just got my digicam.
So might as well snap some latest pic of the bubble eyes.
One of them is about 5" another is about 4".
But stomach like too fat liao.

IPB Image

IPB Image
infodog
QUOTE(infinity @ Wed, 12 Jan 2005 9:02 pm)

shiok.gif

Way to go man!!!!!!

shiok.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(ball @ Sat, 19 Mar 2005 4:34 pm)
Just got my digicam.

NOT BAD !!! Not the normal type I used to see at QH or lfs.
From the 1st posting, the color not as brilliant liao.

QH got a few cement ponds of bubbles. Give it a try. see can find anything nice.
LASERGUY
QUOTE(ball @ Sat, 19 Mar 2005 4:34 pm)
Just got my digicam.

Errr, the one on the right got serious finrot ...
ball
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:04 am)
Errr, the one on the right got serious finrot ...

No lah, it has been like that as far as I can remember.
LASERGUY
QUOTE(ball @ Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:40 am)
No lah, it has been like that as far as I can remember.

Sorry, it has been like that since you brought it, doesn't implied that it has not problem at all hmm.gif . The fish is suffering the same faith as your dragon eye posted on the other topic.

Looking at the picture, you can see clearly some blood streaks at the edge of the tail fin. I might be wrong if it is due to how the picture is taken ?

Ultimately, it is still your fish, so you should have the clearest idea on the condition of the fish.....
neuvicd89
They don't have a big selection of goldfish in England so I have to stick to the regular types of goldfish like: common goldfish, comets, shubunkins, black moors, redcapped oranda, telespcope eyes and assorted coloured fantails oranda.gif. I can't find much information on these forums because all you really talk about are ranchus and ryukins which they don't even sell over here cry.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(neuvicd89 @ Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:50 pm)
They don't have a big selection of goldfish in England so I have to stick to the regular types of goldfish like: common goldfish, comets, shubunkins, black moors, redcapped oranda, telespcope eyes and assorted coloured fantails oranda.gif. I can't find much information on these forums because all you really talk about are ranchus and ryukins which they don't even sell over here cry.gif

UK got the best shunkins and extremely beautiful fish. What information you are looking for ?

If I not wrong, there are groups of goldfish lovers in UK that run their own associations. Anyway, watch your lfs for a new variety in comet ... I dunno how long this new variety will land in Singapore, maybe never.
vakratunda
Ball,
You have some of the most amazing Celestials and Bubble Eyes. The white scales on those Bubble Eyes almost look like something from a painting. I hope more Bubble Eye owners show off their fish friends.
qatar son 333
i love bubble eyed goldfish but i am always scared to buy them and put them with other gold fish and in a tank with some sharp things
desireless
A strange bubble eye (left) tongue.gif The one on the right is a normal bubbleeye.

Look at the mellow.gif expression hysterical.gif

IPB Image
Damo
Thats nice. With the red lips, it looks very cute. I think it looks better than normal bubble eyes ...
desireless
Have another look again...

Notice the uniqueness of this piece? The difference is with the eye alignment. wink.gif

IPB Image
desireless
Basketful of bubbles happydance1.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
gohks
Looks good good_very.gif

Any idea how to clear those whitish fluid in the bubble?
desireless
I ever asked a bubble eye guru and he told that the whitish stuff will go over time.

I put the tancho in the picture in green water for about 3-4 weeks but only one side clear doh.gif Very strange fellow laugh.gif
gohks
I saw some nice bubbles with the whitish stuff in one of LFS, was hasitant to buy as I not sure it's infection or what. I remember reading somewhere that the fluid in the bubble must be clear and anything other then that could be sign of sickness.
Not sure whether can piece a hole and let the fluid out as a remedy? sweatingbullets.gif
desireless
Yes usually murky bubble is a sign of sickness.

Actually that is the most straight-forward method. But sometimes I worry about the puncture not healing fast enough and it might just lose the whole sac. :sad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.