Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Colour Change
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
white horse T1
from white to orange and still changing....

strange???

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Seacucumber
unstable genes?
or is it your water?
white horse T1
QUOTE(Seacucumber @ Sun, 09 Jan 2005 2:32 pm)
unstable genes?
or is it your water?

http://www.RafflesGold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1843

so far, one more canna the same case as noted by others. must be the unstable genes ...yucks

water never change what....
one turn black before.
nobnoba
white horse,
are you keeping it in greenwater? what are you feeding it?
i experience the same with you, but not as extreme as yours. mine only change color under the belly.
desireless
The same thing occured to one of my fishes too. Mine was quite extreme. The bottom turned orange like nobnoba, and the body turning from pure white to poker-dots of orange scales like yours.

I kept it in green water and fed purely on Hikari Lionhead pellets.
CP
I think its genetics.This piece of mine had an all white body when bought.But the colour will not dissapear,getting more and more instead.I have also had other white bodied fishes with the same 'problem',but not all white body fishes will show this symptom.

http://www.RafflesGold.com/forums/index.ph...indpost&p=23528

Initially i thot it was the colour enhancing pellets (I fed with Superfin colour which claims to enhance red,orange and yellow) but ruled that out as other white fishes did not turn colour after consuming them.
nobnoba
QUOTE(desireless @ Sun, 09 Jan 2005 8:20 pm)

I kept it in green water and fed purely on Hikari Lionhead pellets.

I also have the same setup as you, desireless. Greenwater and fed on Hikari Lionhead.
my initial conclusion is, its not genetic, heck 4 out of 5 ranchus that i have turn yellow in the underbelly. But rather the culprit is spirulina that present in greenwater and Hikari Lionhead (read the ingredients)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.