Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sponge Filter
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
infocus
May I know how to see if the sponge filter need to be washed? Of is there a guide as to when we should wash it?
Lester001
hi bro.. usually when i see my sponge filter covered by the brown yellow thin ( shit thin or watever). i wil wash it. sum time hv to depend hw many goldfish dats u keep and type of food u feed them. example my fibre tub was 4x2x1.5 n i got 4 nos of goldfish. i feed them in pallets n frozen worm. usualy i wash every week ( i try to make it as a habit) u can see the dirt water come out was brown colour when u squeeze it.. cheers!
infocus
QUOTE(Lester001 @ Tue, 11 Jan 2005 1:02 am)
hi bro.. usually when i see my sponge filter covered by the brown yellow thin ( shit thin or watever). i wil wash it. sum time hv to depend hw many goldfish dats u keep and type of food u feed them. example my fibre tub was 4x2x1.5 n i got 4 nos of goldfish. i feed them in pallets n frozen worm.  usualy i wash every week ( i try to make it as a habit) u can see the dirt water come out was brown colour when u squeeze it.. cheers!

Thanks bro. This my first time using sponge filter. So not sure if you guys know how to see if it need cleaning or not. Guess I need to wash it weekly too. smile.gif
jhansolo
just squeeze with old tank water
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.