Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caster's new Ryukins
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
caster
My new Ryukins.... please comment...... they are abt 6~7" (including tail)

http://www.arofanatics.com/members/caster/mynewryukins/

I do not know have to attach pics directly.... so plse use the link smile.gif
white horse T1
QUOTE(mountain @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 01:28 PM)
smoke.gif laser is the one who corrected the beng to seng..

aiya click at the wrong quote.sorrie...
from "seng to siong" not "beng to seng"

cannot appreicate ryukin, but i tot bro caster's ones look not bad for the 1st and 3rd and 4th ones.

at least they look majestic, elegant and healthy....notice these are not fish judging terms huh.....
square_guy
i dun know much abt ryukins. maybe bro handsome can have a go? wink.gif
mountain
hey .. we ask ppl to post pic, then ppl post liao, all say dunno much abt ryukins tongue.gif

indeed, i find it hard to desc ryukins, and this board kinda short of ryukin experts eh... let me have a go.

starting from the tail. can be short version, can be long version. i would prefer short tail ryukins, making the overall body shape like this.

/\
\/

long tail ryukins i saw all have collapse tails .. a big no no i dun like .. but hei, caster's ryukin05 like not long not short, a bit strange, maybe its the photo angle.

then still have color, fin shape color, balance, aggressive behavioural, eating patterns... perhaps some expert can come down the mountain and highlight..
caster
QUOTE(mountain @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 02:29 PM)
long tail ryukins i saw all have collapse tails .. a big no no i dun like .. but hei, caster's ryukin05 like not long not short, a bit strange, maybe its the photo angle.

The Ryukin05 is a medium~long tail Ryukin... that fish is about 10"~11" long(Including Tail. The tail is abt 4~5" long
HappyBuddha
Hi all, I split this topic out from the Goldfish Field Report thread. Carry on from here....
dennis
I love your Ryukin, makes me see short tail from another light. ..... si liow hand itchy liow laugh.gif laugh.gif

Anyway, no horse run. I love all the Red White.
caster
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 04:08 PM)
Hi all, I split this topic out from the Goldfish Field Report thread.  Carry on from here....

Thank you very much !!

I need more advises..... going to fish for another 2 pcs in 2days time tongue.gif... I need all the help that I can get happydance.gif
HappyBuddha
Can I put in my non-expert comments in point form? sad.gif

- Caster... there's no such thing as "medium-short tails" ryukin. Whoever told you that was trying to sell you ... a not 3 not 4 ryukin.

- No. 1 looks great... until I realized it's the same fish as no. 3. I guess the photo distorted it somewhat.

- No. 2's tails too high.

- No. 2's head is unbalanced.

- No. 7 has some faded red scales. Maybe from previous injuries? Hope those can be restored to deep red soon.

Dun hood me don't hood me. Take cover take cover.
mountain
why not try maintaining the color of the current lot instead of buying 2 more ..
hmm.. then again, got enuff space ..should add-on
caster
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 04:27 PM)
Can I put in my non-expert comments in point form? sad.gif

- Caster... there's no such thing as "medium-short tails" ryukin.  Whoever told you that was trying to sell you ... a not 3 not 4 ryukin.

- No. 1 looks great... until I realized it's the same fish as no. 3.  I guess the photo distorted it somewhat.

- No. 7 has some faded red scales.  Maybe from previous injuries?  Hope those can be restored to deep red soon.

Dun hood me don't hood me.  Take cover take cover.

Thank you !! Thank you!!

Ryukin02.... head unbalance ?? why huh... it have a head that looks like kenna punch into the body and stuck there.... wahahhahaha.... isn't it a good feature ?? It actually makes the hump much more pronounce !!

Ryukin07.... faded scales.... yes indeed there are red scales and orange scales... because these are over 2 sides of the body.. some here and some there... do u think it could be natural ???

more comments...plse
caster
QUOTE(mountain @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 04:40 PM)
why not try maintaining the color of the current lot instead of buying 2 more ..
hmm.. then again, got enuff space ..should add-on

The add-on is not mandatory smile.gif....

If got good fish than I will buy.... my 4ft tank now have 6 ryukin...... though of making it 7 or 9....
dennis
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 04:27 PM)

Hey HB, paiseh but could I bother you to roughly draw what you mean by this 2 comments? I like Ryukins and would be great to learn more of your selection critial. Thanks.
caster
QUOTE(dennis @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 05:12 PM)
Hey HB, paiseh but could I bother you to roughly draw what you mean by this 2 comments? I like Ryukins and would be great to learn more of your selection critial. Thanks.

hi Dennis

I found the link... for Aquarama 2003.... we can now study those show grade ryukins and compare.... thank you for the leads smile.gif

http://homepage.mac.com/rafflesgold01/showcase/index3.html

http://pub111.ezboard.com/frafflesgoldfrm7...tart=21&stop=40
LASERGUY
Agreed with Buddha, there is not such thing as medium short tail ryukins. It's either long or short, anything in between is good_no.gif .

Well, here are my comments although I am not expert. Listed by my personal ranking:

Ryukin#01/03/04 (same fish): Overall best of this lot, but tail flair a little too much, (this might leads to swimming/buoyancy problem later.) Perhaps I am wrong due to the picture.

Ryukin#02/06: Head looks a bit funny, kind of flatten. But excellent finnage.

Ryukin#07: Overall shape okay but not those not white not red patches and white finnage good_no.gif

Ryukin#05: tail not 3 not 4, white finnage also good_no.gif

The above is based only on these few fishes.

My overall opinion on these are way above average already, beat those Hokaido camel ryukins in rainbow anytime in term of price/quality. Unless you are telling me that you pay about the same price.
Seacucumber
ranchu i can comment...ryukin i dun dare....later kenna flame....

but from basic goldfish point of view....your fishes are simply...

SWEE AH! good.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 06:49 PM)

If you look carefully, the head appears flatten becoz it tilts upwards, as if the fish has a neck and is looking up. wink.gif

dennis, the head is hence... unbalanced.
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(caster @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 04:44 PM)
Ryukin07.... faded scales.... yes indeed there are red scales and orange scales... because these are over 2 sides of the body.. some here and some there... do u think it could be natural ???

You'll have to look closely to examine if the faded scales look "new".

I might be wrong but a nice ranchu's colour pattern should ideally be identical on both side. The left and right side of no. 1 are too drastically different they could be mistaken as two different fish. Thank goodness for that white bent spot on the 1st ray of its dorsal fin or I would have been fooled.
square_guy
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 09:06 PM)
I might be wrong but a nice ranchu's colour pattern should ideally be identical on both side.

OT:

I brought up this question abt symmetry of pattern to Mr K.A. Chang of Ozeki during FishTalk2003. He said it is not important. Main thing about ranchu is still balance. To me balance would include the colour pattern, but apparently this is not the case.
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(square_guy @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 09:19 PM)
OT:

I brought up this question abt symmetry of pattern to Mr K.A. Chang of Ozeki during FishTalk2003. He said it is not important. Main thing about ranchu is still balance. To me balance would include the colour pattern, but apparently this is not the case.

Yeah... apparently only Koi pple care about this colour balance aspect of a top-view fish. But to me... drastically different colour on each side is too shocking and surely would affect a judges decision on ranking, even though Ryukin is a side-view fish. smile.gif

OT too:

Best ryukin colour = 13 reds. Woo hoo; won't fade one!! biggrin.gif
void
Hi Caster... where do you buy your ryukins? expensive? Thanks...
kingyoo
Nice fish. I usually don't like short tail, but I am starting to appreciate their beauty.

Here in USA, similar color patterns on both sides of the ryukin is highly desirable and is judged in shows.
LASERGUY
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 09:23 PM)
Yeah... apparently only Koi pple care about this colour balance aspect of a top-view fish.  But to me... drastically different colour on each side is too shocking and surely would affect a judges decision on ranking, even though Ryukin is a side-view fish.  smile.gif

OT too:

Best ryukin colour = 13 reds.  Woo hoo; won't fade one!!  biggrin.gif

13 red shiok.gif shiok.gif shiok.gif
White ryukins with all the fins red, red lip and red eyes, yuhoo, tokong ah..... Must be your dream fish, right....
dennis
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 08:59 PM)
If you look carefully, the head appears flatten becoz it tilts upwards, as if the fish has a neck and is looking up.  wink.gif 

dennis, the head is hence... unbalanced.

Okay I got what you meant.

BTW why are you guys talking about Ranchu suddenly????

HB post ... Posted on Mon 29 Dec 2003 09:06 PM said "I might be wrong but a nice ranchu's colour pattern should ideally be identical on both side."

square_guy post ... Posted on Mon 29 Dec 2003 09:19 PM said "Main thing about ranchu is still balance."

Is that a mistype or are u guys talking about ranchu ?? unsure.gif
square_guy
QUOTE(dennis @ Tue 30 Dec 2003 01:40 AM)

HB post ... Posted on Mon 29 Dec 2003 09:06 PM said "I might be wrong but a nice ranchu's colour pattern should ideally be identical on both side."

square_guy post ... Posted on Mon 29 Dec 2003 09:19 PM said  "Main thing about ranchu is still balance."

tat's why OT mah tongue.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Tue 30 Dec 2003 12:16 AM)
13 red  shiok.gif  shiok.gif  shiok.gif 
White ryukins with all the fins red, red lip and red eyes, yuhoo, tokong ah..... Must be your dream fish, right....

Yeah, 13 reds. Any kinds of 13 red goldfish with a dorsal fin I sure grab.

Well, I did. A few months ago at QH I found an oranda that is 13 reds. It's not perfect. The body has a few red scales (plucking them off was on my mind! biggrin.gif).

Died within a day in QT before I could even show it off.

sad.gif

Seah kept a few photos of 13 reds Ryukins he sold to his customers. Those lucky priviliged guys ah....
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(dennis @ Tue 30 Dec 2003 01:40 AM)

square_guy post ... Posted on Mon 29 Dec 2003 09:19 PM said  "Main thing about ranchu is still balance."

Sorry sorry. I was and still talking about Ryukin. Somehow was using Ranchu as a generic term for goldfish. biggrin.gif Paisei paisei.
caster
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Mon 29 Dec 2003 06:49 PM)
Agreed with Buddha, there is not such thing as medium short tail ryukins. It's either long or short, anything in between is  good_no.gif .

Well, here are my comments although I am not expert. Listed by my personal ranking:

Ryukin#01/03/04 (same fish): Overall best of this lot, but tail flair a little too much, (this might leads to swimming/buoyancy problem later.) Perhaps I am wrong due to the picture.

Ryukin#07: Overall shape okay but not those not white not red patches and white finnage  good_no.gif

Ryukin#05: tail not 3 not 4, white finnage also  good_no.gif

The above is based only on these few fishes.

My overall opinion on these are way above average already, beat those Hokaido camel ryukins in rainbow anytime in term of price/quality. Unless you are telling me that you pay about the same price.

I paid less than half the price of those Hokkaido ryukins smile.gif....

Thank you for your comments !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.