Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Name For My Baby Girl
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Chit Chat & Gossip
Lester001
thinking of new name for my baby girl blush.gif (according to my doctor said my baby girl will born around frst week of april). so my wife was give me a task to think... cry.gif she wan me me think a christian name which is two tone and the last two alphebet was EL. (eg rachel. ariel). i will appreciate if any bro here can help me to think some of the name which is no the common hor... beg2.gif pls.. millions of thanks!!! good_very.gif
jhansolo
congrats

I can only think of one

Abaigael - gives joy (but your wife wants 2 syllabus so this is no good)

http://www.homepagers.com/names/girls/girls1.htm

Hope this helps
Seacucumber
QUOTE(jhansolo @ Wed, 26 Jan 2005 9:26 am)
congrats

I can only think of one

Abaigael - gives joy (but your wife wants 2 syllabus so this is no good)

http://www.homepagers.com/names/girls/girls1.htm

Hope this helps

wah lan eh....sounds wierd...how to pronounce??

Ah Bai Gail??
desireless
QUOTE(Seacucumber @ Wed, 26 Jan 2005 5:47 pm)
wah lan eh....sounds wierd...how to pronounce??

Ah Bai Gail??

This name is spoilt by the MediaCorp transsexual...
mountain
hey, i heard she is actually an art scene artist. just that mediacorp ride on her .. profile and make her look ... hmm.. rolleyes.gif
LASERGUY
QUOTE(desireless @ Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:00 am)
This name is spoilt by the MediaCorp transsexual...

Eh, she is a female lah, stay around my mom's neighbourhood.
Remembered that Macdonald Aunty ? That's her mother...
desireless
What I heard is different. Yes indeed the MacDonald's ah mah is related to 'her' but this Abigail underwent sex change.

Eh eh eh, back to the subject...

_ _ _ el??

How? Angel? Isabel? Jewel?
mountain
wait ppl sue your tiny backside and then end up u are the one who needs to do sex change to siam law suits.. bahahaha..
peter porker
how about something that sounds like 'el' but is spelt differently (almost lah)?

AVRIL...lovely name (and not because of Avril Lavigne)

Otherwise, I know it is a common name but Rachel is a very nice name also. All the Rachels are know are not bad looking..(Disclaimer: I do not know that bimbo Rachel, the one on telly ah).

I cannot imagine people giving their children unique but weird names. Imagine: Pan Zero Zero named her son Beckham...next time the son will end up hating his name. Go to club also how to pick up girls? 'Hi, I'm Beckham...can I buy you a drink?' HAHAHAHA!
white horse T1
QUOTE(Lester001 @ Wed, 26 Jan 2005 1:27 am)
thinking of new name for my baby girl  blush.gif (according to my doctor said my baby girl will born around frst week of april).  so my wife was give me a task to think... cry.gif  she wan me me think a christian name which is two tone and the last two alphebet was EL. (eg rachel. ariel).

i went to see a geomancy to pick a name. wife also want me to think christian name. coincidentatlly the hanyi pinyin name can also be used for christain name.
so my daugther now has a short and sweet chinese name as well as english christain name and easy to write also

but why must "EL" strange....any particular reason or u have decided that yr boy should be JOEL and the girl should also be " _ _ _ EL"
CP
Suggest standby name for boy as well,if ultrascan shows girl there is still a very small chance outcome may be boy.
If ultrascan is boy then always confirmed boy.
If amniotic fluid test is conducted (for mums aged above 35) the sex of baby is confirmed.
CP
How about this :
I had a friend who named his son and 2 daughters Eugene,Eunice and Eudora.

Pronounced in Mandarin,sounds like 'have gold', 'have silver' and 'have dollar'.
The Matrix
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:59 pm)
How about this :
I had a friend who named his son and 2 daughters Eugene,Eunice and Eudora.

Pronounced in Mandarin,sounds like 'have gold', 'have silver' and 'have dollar'.

Hahahahaha .... GOOD ONE !

Kan Siong, Kan Song and Kan Seng ...
The Matrix
joke aside ...

Mabel 玫寳, 美寳

Carmel 佳美, 嘉媚

Hazel 海婕

Joel 祖兒

夠了嗎?
Seacucumber
since u like ranchu....

ranchu + el = ranchuel

swee boh??
Lucky777
QUOTE(Seacucumber @ Thu, 27 Jan 2005 6:47 pm)
since u like ranchu....

ranchu + el = ranchuel

swee boh??

Doesn't sound nice leh... imagine a Hokkein-accent school-bus-driver uncle call out to her "Lan-Cheow mei mei, why so slow? Quick quick quick!"

Joking only.. no offence...

Ranchuel is so hard to spell leh. hmm.gif... and sounds vulgar (in hokkein)...
CP
Though this is the chit chat & gossip section I believe that name callings may be kind of sentitive if not taken in the right spirit.I believe the topic starter is somewhat genuine in his queries asking for suggestions.

Anyway,i have a pointer for Lester:

I take great pride in letting only my parents or myself&wife naming my children.I am not saying that it is wrong to ask from strangers in the net but what if in the future your daughter asks you how her name cameabout and you tell her " I got the suggestions from RafflesGold"??!!

Get my point?

Anyway, if you want my vote for the names mentioned by a few of the bros here its MABEL.

p/s - I give my children only Chinese names.At least when they grow up they have a choice of choosing their own English names,if they so desire.
Lucky777
soli soli... I just wanna point out how that name can go wrong. No offence to Lester hor.... salute.gif
Lester001
bro. im realy thanks for ur help.. rolleyes.gif is comfirmed a baby girl. laugh.gif my wife was keep laughing when she saw ur bro replied the forum. hysterical.gif i will try myself to get a suitable name for my baby girl. im agree wat bro cpiw2002 said. dats my duty as a father.. blush.gif im appreciate all the bro here their effort too...
jhansolo
QUOTE(Lester001 @ Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:37 am)
bro. im realy thanks for ur help.. rolleyes.gif  is comfirmed a baby girl.  laugh.gif  my wife was keep laughing when she saw ur bro replied the forum.  hysterical.gif i will try myself to get a suitable name for my baby girl. im agree wat bro cpiw2002 said. dats my duty as a father.. blush.gif  im appreciate all the bro here their effort too...

but there is nothing wrong in getting suggestions ... so good luck
felinefrend
thinking of new name for my baby girl  blush.gif (according to my doctor said my baby girl will born around frst week of april).  so my wife was give me a task to think... cry.gif  she wan me me think a christian name which is two tone and the last two alphebet was EL. (eg rachel. ariel). i will appreciate if any bro here can help me to think some of the name which is no the common hor... beg2.gif pls.. millions of thanks!!! good_very.gif

http://www.babynames.com/
In the search box - select "names ending with" <key in> "EL".

Found: Ariel, Hazel, Jewel, Mariel, Taniel, Zariel....

so many nice ones...

and Congrats on the baby!
GF Lover
thinking of new name for my baby girl  blush.gif (according to my doctor said my baby girl will born around frst week of april).  so my wife was give me a task to think... cry.gif  she wan me me think a christian name which is two tone and the last two alphebet was EL. (eg rachel. ariel). i will appreciate if any bro here can help me to think some of the name which is no the common hor... beg2.gif pls.. millions of thanks!!! good_very.gif

Go to the bookshop and buy as many books on name of boys and girls. List out as many as you like and shortlist them. Be prepared. Sometime the doctor can be wrong and "skali" you have a boy. Be prepared.

I got a friend who was told that he was going to have twins. Double bed, double everything. On that day, came out triplets. First set of male triplets in Singapore. Suddenly so blurrrrrrr!!!!!!!! Everything becomes blur. Imagine feeding 3 babies at the same time. Got to recall mother-in-law from East Malaysia to help. Come to think of it, the 3 fella is about 20 years old now.
desireless
1st set? No leh... I got a friend who's about 27 yr old this yr and he is one of 3 male triplets. But they look really quite different from each other
GF Lover
QUOTE(desireless @ Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:46 pm)
1st set? No leh... I got a friend who's about 27 yr old this yr and he is one of 3 male triplets. But they look really quite different from each other

Are they Singapore born? If so then I must have gotten wrong info.
GFSLAVE
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:40 pm)

I take great pride in letting only my parents or myself&wife naming my children.

I've the same view as cpiw2002.

Lester:
Congrats and give praise to your God for the coming of your little one good_very.gif good_very.gif good_very.gif
Lester001
Hi all. my little baby girl was born last three week. dis week is the fouth week, she is healthy, her christian name is isabel, finally.... anyway thanks all the bro concern n sharing ur experience and i really appreciate it... thanks!
desireless
Great choice biggrin.gif

I got the idea from my cousin. She's 4 yr old this year and dam cute. We like to call her "Bel Bel" happy.gif:
maryjanecapri
what about Ariel?
CP
Congrats!!!
jhansolo
have fun!
Lester001
QUOTE(maryjanecapri @ Tue, 19 Apr 2005 5:27 am)
what about Ariel?

Ariel was my second daughter . good_very.gif good_very.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(Lester001 @ Wed, 20 Apr 2005 2:23 am)
Ariel was my second daughter . good_very.gif  good_very.gif

erh ... Ariel was ???
Seacucumber

WAS!!!!!!!!!
Seacucumber

eh bro....is or was??
you remarried?? or erm.....something else?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.