Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2ft Tank Can Keep 6 goldfish?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
DeviLFisH
blush.gif wonder is it over crowded?
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(DeviLFisH @ Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:06 pm)
blush.gif wonder is  it over crowded?

Of coz! Can just manage 6 young fish in a 2ft X 3 ft X 2ft.
Hope that help.
CP
Assuming your tank is 2x1.5x1.5 its abt 120 litres of water.
I would recommend at lest 80l per fish so its only 1 or max 2.That way with 100% water change per week its managable.

If you really want to keep 6,they have to be young fishes less than 1 inch and chances are they will not grow big.Water changes has to be more frequent and nitrate levels are to be kept below 50ppm.
DeviLFisH
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:37 am)
Assuming your tank is 2x1.5x1.5 its abt 120 litres of water.
I would recommend at lest 80l per fish so its only 1 or max 2.That way with 100% water change per week its managable.

If you really want to keep 6,they have to be young fishes less than 1 inch and chances are they will not grow big.Water changes has to be more frequent and nitrate levels are to be kept below 50ppm.

blush.gif ya mine 2ft is those standard one lor....

I see..thanks for ur info by the way how to know the nitrate level than?how to test?
CP
Get a nitrate test kit,many diff. brands in the market,I use Tetra and its available at most LFS.
wycklk
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Sat, 29 Jan 2005 9:37 am)

May i know why the goldfish will not grow big ?
CP
Or maybe shd I say they will not reach the full potential of their size.Keep an arowana in a 2ft tank and another in a 6ft tank and which will grow bigger?

6 goldfish in 2ft tank is less than 20litres per fish.Thats the volume of a big can of paint.Fill a disused paint can with water and rear a goldfish in it,how big can it grow?

And in cramped environments,fishes secrete growth inhibitors.See this topic.

http://www.RafflesGold.com/forums/index.ph...topic=1661&st=0

Hope that helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.