Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ryukin And Oranda
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
DillIuSionS
After 2 years of trying, i still can't reach the 1kg goldfish. How to make a goldfish reach that size? Must water parameters be perfect? weep.gif
CP
QUOTE(DillIuSionS @ Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:05 am)
. How to make a goldfish reach that size?

Buy one.
top_view_ranchu
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Sat, 05 Mar 2005 1:52 pm)
Buy one.

Other than that, maybe lots of space.
CP
What is the approximate length of a ryukin / oranda,tails not included,before it reaches 1kg? 10 inches? Or 12?

I think it is almost impossible for hobbyists like us to raise a ryukin / oranda to 1kg in our home setups.First,you've got to get one the the right bloodline.Spawns from both 1kg parents will not produce 1kg offsprings.And probably after obtaining the quality spawns it has to be raised outdoors,in ponds.I do not have much knowledge on these but I think mud ponds (and deep ones) will be the best environment to raise a huge goldfish.
DillIuSionS
The ones at rainbow? They ordered it arhz? Okay.....den what is the biggest you guys ever got?
desireless
Locally, the biggest that I have seen was a 1-feet-long oranda. But I think some bros have seen bigger ones around. Orandas grows big very fast. But it will need a lot of space to achieve it's max size (before it stops growing).
CP
QUOTE(DillIuSionS @ Sat, 05 Mar 2005 9:06 pm)
The ones at rainbow? They ordered it arhz? Okay.....den what is the biggest you guys ever got?

The biggest i ever got (and still have) is a 7 inch ryukin (height abt 6 inches).Not because I am good at pumping the fish up but rather it was already that size when I got it. rofl2.gif .My tank is big (7ft),the water parameters are good,I dont overstock,but after keeping it for 15 months now it just cant grow.

The biggest I have seen in Singapore is an oranda at the now defunct AMK 133.Brought in from Thailand.And according to Albert (the owner),fish was brought up in mud pond.Almost 1ft I if I remembered correctly.

And of course,the most famous is Bruce the oranda.(Not too sure whether from HK or China)
DillIuSionS
Dun mind arhz...but i not say that adult so i wont be able to afford those expensive types. The most i got was 6 inches oranda
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.