Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black Moor Tail Types
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
oenology
As a newbie, I'm wondering about the "allowed" black moor tail types. I just bought a baby (hope it stays black but probably won't...) that has how shall I describe it - hmmm- a full horizontal tail with a half a vertical tail pointing up. All "wings" are attatched so it looks like this when viewed from behind: __|__
Good, Bad, Ugly? unsure.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(oenology @ Wed, 16 Mar 2005 9:51 pm)
As a newbie, I'm wondering about the "allowed" black moor tail types. I just bought a baby (hope it stays black but probably won't...) that has how shall I describe it - hmmm- a full horizontal tail with a half a vertical tail pointing up. All "wings" are attatched so it looks like this when viewed from behind:  __|__
Good, Bad, Ugly? unsure.gif

if you are talking about a black moor tail, then that's bad tail.
a good tail should looks like an inverted V or Y ....
oenology
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Wed, 16 Mar 2005 8:26 pm)

a good tail should looks like an inverted V or Y ....

Looks like an inverted Y - your description is bettedr than my "drawing". Thanks. So a good tail is what I have. (Won't try to post a picture of it because it's a North American fish and we very very rarely get high quality stock in the local big box pet stores sad.gif

I couldn't believe the photos of the little pearl scales in last?years growth compwtion. The one I have doesn't even look remotely like those! I want your kind!
The Matrix
QUOTE(oenology @ Thu, 17 Mar 2005 9:26 pm)
Looks like an inverted Y - your description is bettedr than my "drawing". Thanks. So a good tail is what I have. (Won't try to post a picture of it because it's a North American fish and we very very rarely get high quality stock in the local big box pet stores sad.gif

I couldn't believe the photos of the little pearl scales in last?years growth compwtion. The one I have doesn't even look remotely like those! I want your kind!

U from USA ? NA black moor ? That I want to see ! The tail is 4 pronged split ? Rare here don't you know ? China only ship to NA but seldom here. No choice, not many hobbyists like this variety.
oenology
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:22 am)
U from USA ? NA black moor ? That I want to see ! The tail is 4 pronged split ? Rare here don't you know ? China only ship to NA but seldom here. No choice, not many hobbyists like this variety.

No Canada.

I'll try tomorrow to take a picture but ONLY if you promise not to laugh at my little fish! tongue.gif

I don't know what you mean by 4 pronged split. Seems to me to be just 3. I really doubt these babies were imported from China. More likely bred in Florida and imported to Canada. Didn't pay much, $3 canadian.

I like these guys when they get big. I love the velvety deep black. Unfortunately, I've never been able to buy a baby and grow it to adult size without it turning orange. I'm sure this guy is going to do the same but I liked his tail. I'm pretty sure that my pond fish didn't make it through the winter this year; I wasn't home to clean it properly before the deep freeze hit and the hole I kept open smells of swamp water (I also exhumed one dead fish from the ice surrounding the hole sad.gif )_ so... I'll restock with this guy (and others) if he turns out to be a pond mut!
The Matrix
QUOTE(oenology @ Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:47 am)
No Canada.

I'll try tomorrow to take a picture but ONLY if you promise not to laugh at my little fish! tongue.gif

I don't know what you mean by 4 pronged split. Seems to me to be just 3. I really doubt these babies were imported from China. More likely bred in Florida and imported to Canada. Didn't pay much, $3 canadian.

I like these guys when they get big. I love the velvety deep black. Unfortunately, I've never been able to buy a baby and grow it to adult size without it turning orange. I'm sure this guy is going to do the same but I liked his tail.  I'm pretty sure that my pond fish didn't make it through the winter this year;  I wasn't home to clean it properly before the deep freeze hit and the hole I kept open smells of swamp water (I also exhumed one dead fish from the ice surrounding the hole sad.gif )_ so... I'll restock with this guy (and others) if he turns out to be a pond mut!

Talk to Canada Goldfish club if you could. They can advice you on the winter setup. The black moor you got should be a type with 4 distinctive tail lopes, slightly pointed at the end. The body shape a little longish, unlike those moor or butterfly dragon eyes you see over in the SE Asia.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.