Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Yellow A Desirable Color?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
kingyoo
Just wondering if yellow (for any solid colored variety) is rare? Is it a color that would benifit a good quality goldfish?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
HappyBuddha
I don't have an answer ...

But since you brought up yellow goldfish... here're are some.

IPB Image

If I understand correctly, these are hybrid Tosakin and named "Yellow Scales Goldfish". Lightly yellow in colour all round, has small yellowish headgrowth, and all-black eyes. Apparently it took some japanese breeders years to breed this new variety, and they have succeeded in stablizing the genes. Theire web site is here (with altavista translation).

click-me.gif
Inxs
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Sat 03 Jan 2004 09:24 AM)
I don't have an answer ...

But since you brought up yellow goldfish... here're are some.

IPB Image

If I understand correctly, these are hybrid Tosakin and named "Yellow Scales Goldfish".  Lightly yellow in colour all round, has small yellowish headgrowth, and all-black eyes.  Apparently it took some japanese breeders years to breed this new variety, and they have succeeded in stablizing the genes.  Theire web site is here (with altavista translation).

click-me.gif

Sorry har HB! Last them we use to call this type of goldfish , "Ghost fish".
Because it look white and with 2 black round eye and no white part.
kingyoo
Ah these pics are what they call a "Muse" pronounced mew-zay. I have a picture of a nice one in a book. (I wish a had a scanner). It seems they have a scale pattern that look like brocade. Matt and shiney scales to form a pattern. The Muse I have seen don't always have the black eyes. They look better without the black eyes.

Anyway, I went to the Bristol Aquarists site and they have pic of a yellow comet, which seems to be a rare varietyas mentioned on the GFSA site.
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.