Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can I Mix Goldfishes?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
cowhead
Can I mix oranda and ryukin? I already have 6 orandas. Falling in love with ryukins.
lincoln
QUOTE(cowhead @ Sat, 09 Apr 2005 4:53 pm)
Can I mix oranda and ryukin?  I already have 6 orandas.  Falling in love with ryukins.

yes you can provided your tank space is adequate.
CP
Depends.

Ryukins are more aggresive and some are known to attack/bully other goldfish.

I keep ryukin with ranchus,had 4 initially but has given 2 away due to their aggresive behaviour.I still have the balance 2 that are more docile.
cowhead
Thanks. I had similar experience. My two fantails kept attacking the orandas. No choice but to give away the fantails. That's why I asked about ryukins. I am afraid that the ryukins will bully the orandas. Guess I have to try my luck if I want to add ryukins into my tank.
Jack Ng
Hi, as a beginner, would like to know can pearl scale go along with Ranchu. Visited Qian Hu three weeks ago, they have couple of tanks with China breed Ranchu with different in sizes. For everyone information.
mountain
QUOTE(Jack Ng @ Wed, 02 Nov 2005 6:03 pm)
Hi, as a beginner, would like to know can pearl scale go along with Ranchu. Visited Qian Hu three weeks ago, they have couple of tanks with China breed Ranchu with different in sizes. For everyone information.

Go ahead. Some Pearlscales have poor swimming skills as compared to the more agile Ranchu. yes.gif If you got a huge tank, do take some small look whether they get enough food, otherwise they issn't any need to attend special care.
LoboChan
My 2 cents of opinion here... is my personally view, some GFs have their own personailty.. som r more aggresive n some less.. I reckon among all my types of GFs (ryukins, ranchus, orandas, pom poms) (i don mixed them).. my most socially active ones (n possibly "aggresive" types) r my orandas...

when I buy GFs, (if it is possible) I make a point to choose the active (some say healthly) ones, but not a leader.. juz those tat goes w the group.. so this was the shld be some kind of grp cohension whn u add them in..

I think I cn usually spot a leader type wher the pack might juz follow it.. there is usually 2-5 depending on the number of fishes in e LFS tank

And of course, don pick those tat r like "introverts" s they well prob b tat or hav some probs (possibly health/disease), which is y the others r not groupin with it/them

Thn again, this is juz my opinion lah!
AlucardHellSing
May I know if I can mix the above three under the same tank. smile.gif

Regards
Alucard
CP
Pls browse thru the forum before asking commonly asked questions.Your answer can be found here (Point 19):

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...t=0&#entry36846
goldrush
I see Alucard is DRACULA spelt backwards witn VAN HELSINGS ,his nemesis added to complete your nick.

Luckily your fishmates ain't antagonising as above but compatible in most areas except perhaps during feeding where speed is concerned.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.