Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Feed Flowing Pellets In Ios Tanks
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
Nic
Saw a thread somtime ago regarding a gadget in AquaStar that gather floating pellet in one area of the tank, read the thread came an idea...

Works for me. tongue.gif

IPB Image
Nic
A hole was cut out of the Plastic container (HDPE container) that i alway get when "da bao" wanton noodles.
Nic
The idea is to use this container to hold the pellets in one location.
The container is placed in the tank with the newly cut opening facing up
A clipper is used hold the container in place...
See photo...

In this case its clip to the supporting glass strip.

IPB Image
Nic
Drop floating pellets or duckweeds into the new opening, and see your fish
feeding..... good_very.gif

it works well for me no pellets came out of the parameter.

peace.gif

IPB Image
yckhor
Hi, I ran into your posting by accident.
great idea, I am going to try it in my tank.
thanks.
CP
There is also an old post discussing this, of which i am too lazy to attach the link, but it uses an air hose(those that we use for our air pumps) tied into a loop and then simply placed on the water surface and you can then place your feeds within the loop.
yckhor
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Tue, 14 Jun 2005 9:07 pm)
There is also an old post discussing this, of which i am too lazy to attach the link, but it uses an air hose(those that we use for our air pumps) tied into a loop and then simply placed on the water surface and you can then place your feeds within the loop.

thanks man, another great idea.
good weekend project.
wife must think I am siao liao
Nic
QUOTE(cpiw2002 @ Tue, 14 Jun 2005 9:07 pm)

Using the airhose the floating pellets will always come out of the loop whenevr your fish stir the pellets during feeding and after sometime the airhose will sink.
Tried that before.... hmm.gif

My method no matter how hungry or violent your fish is during feeding the duckweed nor the floating pellet will not flow out of the compound.... good_very.gif

As the blocking media is much deep below the water surface and high above the water surface.

the airhose are just too shallow both above and below the water surface, one head-butt of your ranchu most of your pellets will float out of the compound.

smile.gif
marc9
any bros here using AF with IOS tank?most of my pellets are being sucked up before my fishes can finish them?any1 to rectify the problem?
mountain
any bros here using AF with IOS tank?most of my pellets are being sucked up before my fishes can finish them?any1 to rectify the problem?

change to floating pellet .. doh.gif or change tank .. or switch off the pump .. or buy a pellet holder .. or put the AF further .. or feed less pellets at higher frequency .. wa say .. endless possibility leh marc9 .. up to you to work it out. i seriously don't think there is any magical formula or secret device we are using, its an operational issue. how about a photo instead of everyone guessing, who knows it was a faulty IOS design! THERE was! and the owner was happily using it.

If you had bothered to read or do a search, you would be found poor Nic's posting/solution he had shared.. no.gif i better go try on search function .. i think its faulty and returned 0 results.
CP
Or can get 7 feet tank like mine.Put AF at one end away from IOS, pellets will be eaten up before it can travel to the other end.
marc9
QUOTE(mountain @ Fri, 07 Oct 2005 6:40 pm)
change to floating pellet  ..  doh.gif or change tank  .. or switch off the pump .. or buy a pellet holder .. or  put the AF further .. or feed less pellets at higher frequency .. wa say .. endless possibility leh marc9 .. up to you to work it out.  i seriously don't think there is any magical formula or secret device we are using, its an operational issue. how about a photo instead of everyone guessing, who knows it was a faulty IOS design! THERE was! and the owner was happily using it.
If you had bothered to read or do a search, you would be found poor Nic's posting/solution he had shared..  no.gif i better go try on search function .. i think its faulty and returned 0 results.

well,i have already put it at the other end of the tank,did a search but like what u found--only for floating pellets leh..with the pump off and only a sponge filter running the whole day..dun feel very secure leh..and the AF is already tuned to the smallest capacity which the pellets drop..
marc9
i remembered reading abt a post regarding the feeding of pellets in a ring like hoop..so that the pellets wont flow away and stay in the struncture..did a search but cant find..any kinds souls can help?
marc9
yeah..many thanks..but i dun thk it will work for sinking pellets?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.