Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Increase/maintain The Black?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Hamad
I'm noticing the black is fading to more silver-ish with metalic shine instead of deep black on my adult orandas, they used to be darker.

Is there anything special to do beside sunlight that could maintain the color? I'm feeding JBL sinking pellets with 10% spirulina which supposably enhances color.

They eat very well and very lively and I change the water [80% every 2 days]. Also indirect sunlight is there during the day so I hope there's something to do!

Thanks!
CyberET
try not to feed color enhancer food, it'll enhance the red pigment instead smile.gif
goldrush
Dear Hamad

Perhaps this thread will enlighten you on your blacks and your feeding of high content of spirulina

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/GoldfishChaningColor.html

Blacks are especially hard to maintain in terms of coloration
As such they are recommended to be kept by themselves if color enhancing food are required by other coloration breed.They are sensitive to the environment as well.A dark base floor and surrounding will deter color lost compare to clear glass tank and white or lighter based floor.It is also sensitive to salt content in the water which may rectify chromatophores listless in its presentation.If the fish are not in the pink of health,the blacks will be listless,showing more reflective gold and pale shade looking.

regards

goldrush
Hamad
Thank you so much! That is really informative and enlighting! I had salt AND fed them a lot of spirulina - so this explains it!! Gonna have to look for a substitute now, no other sinking pellet food available in stupid fish stores here - Tetra products are conquering almost all LFS in the UAE..sad.gif
goldrush
Hi Hamad

If you are hard working enough you can convert all your floating food into sinking ones by making it into a paste.Pls feel free to see my previous post on this

regards

goldrush
The Matrix
QUOTE(Hamad @ Sat, 21 May 2005 3:43 pm)
Thank you so much! That is really informative and enlighting! I had salt AND fed them a lot of spirulina - so this explains it!! Gonna have to look for a substitute now, no other sinking pellet food available in stupid fish stores here - Tetra products are conquering almost all LFS in the UAE..sad.gif

if only tetra in your country, can try tetra gold exotic and tetra growth. tetra food is quite powerful for goldfish. if u can find tetrafin gold, give it a try. i not sure the price there, but not a low cost food.
The Matrix
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sun, 22 May 2005 4:08 pm)
Hi Hamad

If you are hard working enough you can convert all your floating food into sinking ones by making it into a paste.Pls feel free to see my previous post on this

regards

goldrush

why bother to convert ?
LoboChan
Hi folks,

Was chatting w a fish breeder n he mentioned tat black goldfish shld not b fed food w spirulina... s it w change their colour... any truth in the matter?
yckhor
Hi,
I mixed some Thailand manufacturer high spirulina based pallets with my hikari pallets. To cut cost mah.. but the Thai Black Ranchu doing very well, the black really nice and even. However, when I switch to total Hikari pallets only, it's belly changed to orange, not only that, my black butterfly and red cap oranda had the same effect as well. What is happening? Will post some pics later.
desireless
It is more on the genes. Black fishes with good genes stays black in green water combined with Hikari Lionhead diet.

If you are not sure of your source, then it is best to avoid food with carotenoid. Of course it goes without saying to avoid food with colour enhancing properties too. Yet doing all these might still not prevent black fishes with weak black genes from fading.
koolbeep
hey guys, im new here.... can anyone advice me about the new black ranchu i just bought and seems his blackness is fading and changing to dark gold... sad.gif
desireless
QUOTE(koolbeep @ Fri, 02 Dec 2005 12:59 pm)
hey guys, im new here.... can anyone advice me about the new black ranchu i just bought and seems his blackness is fading and changing to dark gold... sad.gif

Post shifted.

Reading the Newbies' FAQ (1st paragraph) written by CP here will definitely help:
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3031
koolbeep
QUOTE(desireless @ Fri, 02 Dec 2005 1:37 pm)
Post shifted.

Reading the Newbies' FAQ (1st paragraph) written by CP here will definitely help:
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3031

reading that link was first thing i did when i got here.. biggrin.gif

thank you for redirecting me to this thread.... its now makes sense...
TROJANISM_22
i just wanna ask you guys... how to maintain the black color of black ranchu? it seems like the color of my black ranchu is fading... thanks in advance for answring my newbie question hi.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.