GA Secretary
Feel free to comment this ranchu.
IPB Image

IPB Image
Frankie
interesting coloration.
what happened to it's other light bulb?
Frankie
QUOTE(Secretary @ Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:08 am)
Feel free to comment this ranchu.

Body too short & buffulo head slightly unbalance.
GA Secretary
QUOTE(Frankie @ Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:46 pm)
interesting coloration.
what happened to it's other light bulb?

The right funtan was damaged (torn) during arrival.So got a discount for it, hoping it will grow back and be balanced.
Kept it for the past 3 months, the funtan did grew but still one big one small. sad.gif
GA Secretary
QUOTE(Frankie @ Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:46 pm)
Body too short & buffulo head slightly unbalance.

The unbalanced buffalo head is explained in my earlier reply.

Yes, and I wish the body is longer too.
GA Secretary
Just wish to add, been keeping this piece for about 3 months. 4" when I first obtained it, 5" now. Measurement includes tail.

This is an interesting ranchu.I hope to hear more comments.
Frankie
Have not quite commented cos the Ranchu is not a good specimen for a tvr, in my view. The tail is weak, peduncle not thick, body is too short, curving down steeply enhancing the short body, scales and colouration are rough.

I believe it was an inexpensive Ranchu, likely sold as a svr and you bought it intending to groom it well. Are my comments here incorrect?
GA Secretary
QUOTE(Frankie @ Wed, 22 Jun 2005 1:23 am)
Have not quite commented cos the Ranchu is not a good specimen for a tvr, in my view. The tail is weak, peduncle not thick, body is too short, curving down steeply enhancing the short body, scales and colouration are rough.

I believe it was an inexpensive Ranchu, likely sold as a svr and you bought it intending to groom it well.  Are my comments here incorrect?

Negative comments, but very interesting! I believe you have a very keen eye for ranchu.But, I do not want to say whether I choose agree or disagree at this point of time.

I will post my comments in a couple of days' time.I hope to hear from more members, whether positive of negative comments.
GA Secretary
QUOTE(Frankie @ Wed, 22 Jun 2005 1:23 am)

I believe it was an inexpensive Ranchu, likely sold as a svr and you bought it intending to groom it well.  Are my comments here incorrect?

OK, since no one else commented cry.gif I must say that I agree in every aspect of your comments except the 'inexpensive' part.It is not cheap, considering that it was sold as a SV ranchu, but I do not wish to reveal the price.

Thank you for your pinpoint diagnosis. good.gif
GA Secretary
I wanted to see how many forumers can recognise that this is a ranchu that is better appreciated from the side, by posting a top view pic of it.At least we have one person, which is better than none. beg2.gif

OK, here we go.....

The left side:
IPB Image

The right side:
IPB Image
Frankie
Hi i am the Frankie with the pin point analysis wink.gif ; now with side view photos, it's a very very different picture, i can say that it's a very nice piece; slightly off cos of the unsymmetrical funtan; i suppose the tail usually cover more of the anal fin than in the first photo (but i can hardly comment on svr as i am a tvr fella) smile.gif overall i do like the body shape and colour good_very.gif
Frankie
QUOTE(Secretary @ Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:08 pm)
I wanted to see how many forumers can recognise that this is a ranchu that is better appreciated from the side, by posting a top view pic of it.At least we have one person, which is better than none. beg2.gif

i am just wondering if this is a test or a teaser ? otherwise why pose a SVR in a TVR angle to invite negative comment ?
Frankie
This ranchu colour is v. nice it is definitely a side view ranchu but i believe ca also appreciate from top but not as good as side.
GA Secretary
QUOTE(Frankie @ Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:36 pm)
Hi i am the Frankie with the pin point analysis  wink.gif ; now with side view photos, it's a very very different picture, i can say that it's a very nice piece; slightly off cos of the unsymmetrical funtan; i suppose the tail usually cover more of the anal fin than in the first photo (but i can hardly comment on svr as i am a tvr fella)  smile.gif overall i do like the body shape and colour  good_very.gif

Thank you for your kind comments.
GA Secretary
QUOTE(Frankie @ Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:05 pm)
i am just wondering if this is a test or a teaser ?  otherwise why pose a SVR in a TVR angle to invite negative comment ?

As proven by Frankie from post 7, if you are sharp in your assesment you can conclude that it is a ranchu that is better appreciated from the side.

Far too often we just call a ranchu a SV ranchu or a TV ranchu.It is an acceptable classification in this region as well as in this forum, but to some there is only just 1 ranchu.A ranchu is a ranchu.This difference in opinion is debatable.

I stand somewhere in between.To me, there is nothing wrong with classifying a ranchu as TV or SV, but I find it rather 'inappropriate'.The correct term to use for a SV ranchu is "a ranchu that is better appreciated from the side" and likewise for a TV ranchu.

This ranchu is better appreciated from the side.Who knows, maybe the breeder intended to breed a TV ranchu and this piece will obviously be culled based on TV appreciation.But, he may have realised later that this piece looks good from the side, and thus market it as a SV.

So what I am trying to highlight is that it is rather 'inapproprite' to classify ranchus into TV and SV.But, I dont think I can change that.And , I think it will be easier for everyone to understand by classifying into TVs and SVs.

Catch no ball? Never mind.....its not important.
GA Secretary
QUOTE(Frankie @ Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:10 pm)
This ranchu colour is v. nice it is definitely a side view ranchu but i believe ca also appreciate from top but not as good as side.

Thank you for your comments.

I do not know whether the breeder intended for this piece to be a TV or SV in the first place.Breeder is Mr Boy (Thailand).

Was told (by LFS) that he is working on this type of breed, known as "top and side".That's right, a ranchu that can be appreciated from the top as well as the side.But whether this is the truth or crap, I do not know.Just take it with a pinch of salt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.